PDA

View Full Version : Redline Friday anyone going?

T Hogg
05-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Anyone else going? I'm planning on going to do some test and tune.
I havn't heard much talk on here about this track. Is it just too far for most of you or is the track not any good?

Hope to see a few of you. This will be my first time there. I hear that it's a different hood out there.:) Might need some back-up.:)

Band
05-19-2004, 10:21 PM
I havn't heard much talk on here about this track. Is it just too far for most of you or is the track not any good?

Hope to see a few of you. This will be my first time there. I hear that it's a different hood out there.:) Might need some back-up.:)

Me and Adam spoke of goin to hallsville this friday.. I don't know if that is still a plan..

Redline is ok and its not too far. I like denton for the 1/8 mile tracks cause they tell everyone to drive around the waterbox :tu:

03'svtlight
05-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Me and Adam spoke of goin to hallsville this friday.. I don't know if that is still a plan..

Redline is ok and its not too far. I like denton for the 1/8 mile tracks cause they tell everyone to drive around the waterbox :tu:
I might tailgate with you two playas :D

Sixpipes
05-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Might be worth the price of admission just to see you make a few runs. :D

StormShadow
05-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I might tailgate with you two playas :D
Hollar at me Trei. I will be picketing tomorrow untill about 2 or 3 and then I'm good to go.

True Blue Aggie
05-20-2004, 04:10 PM
You totally have to take a picture of you picketing...at least make it your avatar.

my2002lightning
05-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Adam,

Are you an SBC picketer, I assume? Where?

LonghornLightning
05-20-2004, 04:48 PM
This thread is hi-jacked horrible but anyways Adam, my cousin still has to work now, he's a manager. :(

:0fftopic

StormShadow
05-20-2004, 06:49 PM
I'll be walking the line tomorrow in "Sunny South Dallas".
Its getting ugly.
Reports that one guy took his company van and smashed up all of the other vans in the garage and another report of a guy going and cutting all of the lines in two cross boxes. ( hundreds of customers)
Another guy said he was going to cross the picket line in Mesquite and some of the "boys" threw his motorcycle in the dumpster.

T Hogg
05-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Might be worth the price of admission just to see you make a few runs. :D
See ya there if you can make it. Talked with Justin , he said he might bring his Billy Bad A$$ Lightning out too.

I guess the rest of you will be picketing or going to Hallsville. Gotta love it.:)

Sixpipes
05-21-2004, 07:42 AM
I think I'm going to picket Hallsville. :cool:

Shiner1
05-21-2004, 09:25 AM

I was told that it can be a dangerous place on the weekends, i.e. gangs, fights, and such. I have never been there, so this is hearsay.

Mark #2
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
I'll be walking the line tomorrow in "Sunny South Dallas".
Its getting ugly.
Reports that one guy took his company van and smashed up all of the other vans in the garage and another report of a guy going and cutting all of the lines in two cross boxes. ( hundreds of customers)
Another guy said he was going to cross the picket line in Mesquite and some of the "boys" threw his motorcycle in the dumpster.
Hey Adam, good luck. My neighbor has been telling me similiar stories too.
Mark

Avalanche
05-21-2004, 03:13 PM
I go out ot Redline on some Friday nights and I have been on a couple of Sats. On Fridays' its alot and I mean alot of ricers. Sat is when the big and I mean BIG bots come out and T/T or the run for big money.

StormShadow
05-21-2004, 03:37 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/135DSC00348-med.JPG (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10224&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500)

here you go Michael

StormShadow
05-21-2004, 03:37 PM
This is right before they called the cops on us. Seems that they couldn't get out of the parking lot untill after 12.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/135DSC00343-med.JPG (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10223&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500)

Band
05-21-2004, 03:39 PM
:rll:

Band
05-21-2004, 03:48 PM
The redline website doesn't show a schedule. But the list of dates in our event forum only shows a t&t tomorrow evening.

Are they for sure open tonight? and at what time? Is it test and tune or bracket racing?

UUDLOSE
05-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I can remember back (way back) when I was in high school, my dad's union went on strike against Cabot Corporation, where he worked. He walked the picket line for a while, and then he had to go out and get a temporary job.

I won't discourage you by telling you how long it lasted, but I gotta tell you, it was not an easy time for us. It was definitely a stressful time in our family history.

Be strong. Best of luck.

True Blue Aggie
05-21-2004, 04:56 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/408Fark_1.jpg

StormShadow
05-21-2004, 07:01 PM
I can remember back (way back) when I was in high school, my dad's union went on strike against Cabot Corporation, where he worked. He walked the picket line for a while, and then he had to go out and get a temporary job.

I won't discourage you by telling you how long it lasted, but I gotta tell you, it was not an easy time for us. It was definitely a stressful time in our family history.

Be strong. Best of luck.
Thanks. We are trying to "fight the good fight". So far everything is good but there is a rumor of a 120 day lockout. If this happens then I will be looking for temporary employment also. In any case, I have chosen to go on strike with my fellow union workers so I am prepared to stay out as long as it takes.

Alpine
05-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks. We are trying to "fight the good fight". So far everything is good but there is a rumor of a 120 day lockout. If this happens then I will be looking for temporary employment also. In any case, I have chosen to go on strike with my fellow union workers so I am prepared to stay out as long as it takes.No wonder your the king of the Arcade!:banned I wish I could go on strike, I would destroy all your little high scores:evil :evil

hang in there biggin'
Jeff

J.D. Blackwell
05-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Didn't see anyone at Red Line last night except for Terry. I filmed his truck running down the track for him. I just can't believe he is at full weight plus some. He was running full weight + his sub boxes, tailgate, fiberglass tonneu, etc.etc. I figure he weighs in 4,500+driver.

Didn't bring my truck. I don't think it will break 8's the way it is set up now.

Later,
Justin

Mark #2
05-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Didn't see anyone at Red Line last night except for Terry. I filmed his truck running down the track for him. I just can't believe he is at full weight plus some. He was running full weight + his sub boxes, tailgate, fiberglass tonneu, etc.etc. I figure he weighs in 4,500+driver.

Didn't bring my truck. I don't think it will break 8's the way it is set up now.

Later,
Justin
Justin,
What did Terry run? FYI, I ran a 7.70 at Redline a few weeks ago.
mark

Band
05-22-2004, 05:40 PM
I showed up at 6pm and found out they were having bracket racing for $55.. Checked the pits for you guys, and found no one.. so I left.

I went to test and tune, or to watch you guys run, but not $55 to run 3 times.

True Blue Aggie
05-22-2004, 05:43 PM
So thats where you were going.....I was headed to a friends house to throw darts and rid the world of beer......

Band
05-22-2004, 08:20 PM
So thats where you were going.....I was headed to a friends house to throw darts and rid the world of beer......

When I saw you I had just gotten back from redline and unloaded the truck. Was headed to James house to dround my lousy evening...