PDA

View Full Version : NEW to TALON..Previous owner TALON member.

BLACKSUNSHINE
05-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone, Im new here to Talon and I found out some interesting facts about my '01 L.
Ive already put in a list of mods on the truck and found out that all the mods ive put on have already been on it plus some. I know this because the previous owner was microsuck. I took my truck to Terry Cole for some denso plugs install and he knew everything you do and dont want to hear about your truck. If any one of you knew or know microsuck you would know he had 8# pulleys, NOS, alcohol/water injection plus tons more. In other words im saving for a JDM short block, its a matter of time before the motor grenades. So kinda nice knowing the history and kinda jacked up knowing its been dogged. Oh well. I was also able to read all threads from microsuck so I know a more about my L.

ANYWAYS, im new to the circuit, my L's not (its been around the block a few times)

Here are the mods so far (thats going BACK on her)

Accufab polished throttle body
4# Lower motoblue pulley
Diablo Predator
Dynatech Long tube headers
Hi-Flow Cats
Bassani Cat back
C&L intake Boot
Air Raid cold air intake
Diable shift mod
boost bypass mod (electronically not mechanically)
NGK Iridium plugs
160 Stat
2" rear drop

More to come.

Crawford
05-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Here is some information on your truck. Welcome to TALON! Hope to see ya at one of the monthly meets!

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60124

microsuck
05-24-2004, 01:22 PM
blacksunshine,
Well, if you have any questions about my old truck i will help you out however i can. I gave all the service history and mod paperwork to the dealership in a big binder, but i kept copies of most of it. Just FMI, how much did you pay for it? They only gave me $20K on the trade for it. I just say that cause if you were going to do all those mods anyways, you should have bought it from me for $21 when i was selling it. I know the particulars of that truck pretty well so if you are wondering anything let me know. Shoot me an email sometime. Are you sure its mine? whats the last 4 in the VIN?
Andrew
PS, i only had a 6#
PSS, terry thinks everyones motor is about to blow

L-Fever
05-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Welcome! I hope everything works out ok with your truck! :(

BLACKSUNSHINE
05-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Andrew,
Im pretty sure its your's according to Terry, I have a dent on the front passenger bumper (thats almost fixed) from you hitting a stop sign :nono: I'll get the last 4 digits, I cant grab them now. But it also has little holes on the front grill where you had a radar jammers, and the dates from when I bought it and when I sold it are about the same. They picked it up from Payton Wright Ford. I was able to get it for 21K I SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT IT FROM YOU! Because I just spent 3.5g's in part's. But yeah, The truck runs great now, a week after I bought it I had a spark plub blow (driver side) out and ford replaced the head under warranty, they also replaced the MAF, the entire computer, and the A/C relay. Then the dealership just kept screwin shi# up on it. All was replaced under warranty, then I put all the parts on. What did you have in the compartment on the upper console, where the plasic is cut out, just curious. ALSO you have any parts left? ANYWAYS, i'll shoot you an email. Im getting the know truck very well myself after the mods i've put on.

microsuck
05-24-2004, 02:33 PM
OH man! i wish i could have helped you! Dude, for $21 i would say you got a pretty good deal. Yeah, you got mine alright, i learned how ABS worked, the hard way, about that stop sign. so, it launched a plug? It did that for me too, when it was BONE STOCK:hammer: . Well, i think it was the passenger side. yeah, DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP. I learned the hard way too. Thats awesome that they covered it under warranty. WAsnt it almost up? i think it had 30k or so on it when i traded. Well, you should be happy, you did get a very badass truck. im sure by now you have knoticed how CRAZY LOUD my blower was. i never figured it out, but its louder than every L i have ever been in. I will make you copies of you dyno pulls at 455 rwhp and 624 rwtq if you want. I took alot of precautions to make sure it wouldnt break. cause i knew i couldent afford to fix it. I had a valve body in it from DAY 1 so the clutched got very little wear. I NEVER got into boost in overdrive (well, accept once :evil (you old farts know what im refering too)) cause that is how rods are broken. There was a control pannel in the overhead console. it had my chip box and switches for the IC pump, N2o, bottle warmer, and blackout switch. The only thing i have left out of the parts pile is the powercooler. If you want to drive to my place i will give it to you for free.

BLACKSUNSHINE
05-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Right on, I drive out that way and pick it up. Thanks. This is pretty cool im able to talk to the previous owner. And with the long tubes, intake and pulley the truck runs strong, Im going to get it dyno'd this weekend. Tell me exactly what is a power cooler, does it mount in your bed? and yes my blower was loud, the exhaust pretty much kills the blower sound now though. The dealership thought it was all bone stock (good job putting all the stock parts back on) and I just bought it so I was pissed, they fixed me up. So that means both heads have now been replaced. Cool. Shoot me an email later and I can get directions.

microsuck
05-24-2004, 03:04 PM
The dealership thought it was all bone stock (good job putting all the stock parts back on) and I just bought it so I was pissed, they fixed me up.What??????? I gave them the whole freakin binder full of papers for all the stuff i had done to it? thats weird. did they give that to you? I said "im pretty sure the new owner is going to want this" as i handed it to the salesman at bankston. O well, i have copies. but, yeah, i did a VERY good job going back to stock. the only thing i left in there was the denso it22 spark plugs. The power cooler goes between the heat exchanger and the intercooler(under the blower). you fill it full of ice and it drops your incoming air like crazy. yeah, i had a temp gauge and i was getting air under 100 degrees at WOT :evil . it goes under the hood where the battery is now. you have to move the battery to the bed. the holes are already there. :twitch: yeah, i just sent you an email.

microsuck
05-24-2004, 03:19 PM
by the way, if you want a complete list, here is is.
'01 Black Lightning
PSP 4-way chip
JL Ram Air Intake
6# lower pulley
metco billet ideler
65hp wet shot N20
Alochol Injected
Ken Cryder Cool Box
FT Valve Body
hi-flow cats
dual spintech mufflers with x-pipe
E-fan
Cobra R water pump
AccuFab Throttle Body
denso it22's
160 thermo
chrome traction bars
slicks
2" drop shackels
Extang BlackMax Bed cover
Nitto 555s
Valentine1 and Blinder m20
455rwhp 623rwtq
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/details.php?image_id=4393

and some good news is that i changed the oil every 2,500 miles and ALWAYS with Mobil1 synthetic, and ALWAYS a mobile1 oil filter. and the transmission fluid is brand new and so is the filter.

And im sure you already figured it out, but if you click the "my gallery" on the right side, it takes you to some pictures of the truck. that tint is nice, isnt it :)

microsuck
05-24-2004, 03:29 PM
oh, i just remembered. you might want to check the front rotors too. I had just bought some really bad-a$$ cross drilled and slotted ones but i ended up putting them on wayne's truck cause i had to sell mine before i got time to install them. (which reminds me, COP means STOP) but we wont get into that now. anyways, check the rotors, on the inside.

Andrew

Avalanche
05-24-2004, 03:39 PM
oh, i just remembered. COP means STOP but we wont get into that now.

:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :hammer:

BLACKSUNSHINE
05-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah ive already priced some rotors, their pretty bad, and have hair line cracks. Yeah i really like the guages, ive priced that also. Looks like its slowly going back to how you had it.