PDA

View Full Version : RACED AN SRT-10 today!

BLACKSUNSHINE
05-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Ok guys Im new to TALON, and I just put all the parts on my L. Heres the story, on the way home from work heading 183 north to grapevine, I was half asleep and ready to get home when a black truck zipped up behind he off in 6:00 traffic (there was a wreck) I look back and sure enough its a black SRT-10. He got in the right lane a slowly passed, I showed off a little and he stayed back a ways out of my way I guess (no room to race yet), then the second he had a chance he zipped in front of me before I could blink. The truck purred and sounded pretty good. We jacked around for a while and finally a car moved over and opened 2 lanes on 121, we both pegged it and I could hear his v-10 pushin hard he quickly gained just in front of my bumper we hit about 100. Then I look ahead and fly past another black '01 L' I honk as I passed (turns out the guy I passed was nickname CPP? I think from TALON or Gavin, we stopped and talked) I kept pushin it to the floor and around 120 I pulled ahead of him then at 130 his bumper was at my side exhaust and he QUIT! GAVE UP...then exited the next exit. Then I slowed back to 70 or so and CPP came up and whooped up on me. Anyway, I know when we were both pushin hard I pulled ahead of him, or maybe he could have kicked my as* but didnt because it was new. Either way he quit...ONE down. I'd hate to just purchase the fastest truck in the world and get beat by a $30K rival.

BLACKSUNSHINE
05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Actually the guy I passed is Cpeapea nickname. He can vouch for it.

Crawford
05-25-2004, 02:29 AM
THAT IS AWESOME!!!:burnout:

cpeapea
05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
yup i saw it, i was just putting some miles on the new motor :cool:

its a small world, its crazy that i ran into the guy who bought andrews old truck.
yea i blew a collector gasket catching up to you both but it was fun