PDA

View Full Version : June 3rd meeting location change request

Crawford
05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
All,

In yet another attempt to keep the club away from bad food and boring locations I would like to propose a change of location to the June 3rd meeting at Pappas BBQ.

There is a place in Addison (which we have not had a meet at yet) called Dukes that has tons of parking, great food, good happy hour prices, and plenty of scenery. I think it would be a great place for us to hang out.

Its located at Marsh and Beltline in Addison.

Let me know what you guys think.

tliss
05-25-2004, 03:44 PM
This place kicks ass! I'm game! knana

Tom

skalywags
05-25-2004, 03:54 PM
I would make sure i make that one. It's right around the corner from work

True Blue Aggie
05-25-2004, 04:03 PM
I would be game for this location. Excellent patio, and plenty of people to check out.

my2002lightning
05-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Elaine and I would be up for that.:beer:

Tex Arcana
05-25-2004, 05:40 PM
cool

L-Fever
05-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm in! :beer:

whitelightning'02
05-25-2004, 06:19 PM
ME too

:beer:

Maybe someday we could have one at Tia's in Carrollton..... They have a room we can get. :banana:

Sandman
05-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Fine by me. I live 2 minutes away. I've never been there, but I always see a hoard of bikes there.

blueoval01
05-28-2004, 05:23 PM
I feel your doing the Arlington (Southwest) folks a dis-service by moving the central location north.
However, they may not care that they are using an extra 5 gallons of gas.
There are other places like HumperDinks in that area we could meet at.

I'd be more inclined to hit this place in lieu of BoneDaddys.

LonghornLightning
05-28-2004, 05:33 PM
we've got 6 days, need to figure this out...get a vote going? i'm game anywhere. :beer:
1-Anywhere

Tex Arcana
05-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I feel your doing the Arlington (Southwest) folks a dis-service by moving the central location north.

And how do you think we who are further north feel about the southern locations?

The same.

I just looked at everything in regards to the locations, and we're trying to keep it all balanced, so that everyone eventually has to drive the same amount. Since PaPa's is set to catch the West Dallas/Irving/etc. folks, I think we should keep it in that vicinity.

I'm perfectly game to eaat there, since I've never had their food and such, and am intereted in trying it. However, in the interest of keeping everyone happy, we should pick something in that vicinity.

Now, Pappadeaux's is VERY good.. if ya wann spend that kind of money. Joes Crabshack is good as well. Just suggestions.

99WhiteBeast
05-28-2004, 09:30 PM
I agree with Sam on Pappa's food:eek: however Addison is a haul, but a new place would be a welcome change IMO. Especially with "talent" to view.

I say put it to a vote- looks like you have 10 to 12 already in.

The only reason I could make it is I'll be halfway there Thursday due to dropping my daughter off at SMU- I bet many from the group on this side would not make the drive.

I would hate to see the club divert to a north and south meeting spot only so a central spot still needs to be a priority.

I didn't see any of the N Dallas group last month in Arlington- Mark(blueoval) and Francis made the drive though

Tex Arcana
05-28-2004, 10:04 PM
I agree with Sam on Pappa's food:eek: however Addison is a haul, but a new place would be a welcome change IMO. Especially with "talent" to view.

The only reason I could make it is I'll be halfway there Thursday due to dropping my daughter off at SMU- I bet many from the group on this side would not make the drive.

I would hate to see the club divert to a north and south meeting spot only so a central spot still needs to be a priority.

I didn't see any of the N Dallas group last month in Arlington- Mark(blueoval) and Francis made the drive though
I'd've made it if I had remembered the meeting... :( But as far as I'm concerned, I'll go wherever it happens to be, and in all fairness, it does need to switch from north, south, east, west, so everyone's drive is equalized.

my2002lightning
05-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Steve,

You know we've made Arlington TALON meets (even Kennedale) in the past - the distance wasn't the issue with us.:tu: Hell, we enjoyed just driving the L!

Alots changed for us recently.:cool:

Ronald

Sixpipes
05-29-2004, 09:58 AM

I agree with Mark. Humperdinks is a good substitution for Pappa's. Addison is closer for me, but it is tougher to get there at a reasonable time when driving from Arlington. Since Mark made out the schedule and has been heading this up, I think we should support his efforts to fair with everyone. I wouldn't mind trying Dukes at all, but how about July and move June from Pappas to Humperdinks? :cool:

Sixpipes
05-29-2004, 10:02 AM
I agree with Mark. Humperdinks is a good substitution for Pappa's. Addison is closer for me, but it is tougher to get there at a reasonable time when driving from Arlington. Since Mark made out the schedule and has been heading this up, I think we should support his efforts to fair with everyone. I wouldn't mind trying Dukes at all, but how about July and move June from Pappas to Humperdinks?
Looking at he schedule, there is only one more meeting scheduled south/west of the Loop 12 I-35 area. I think we should find another plcae to meet in Arlington besides the Hooters. The Flying Saucer wasn't a bad place IMO. :cool:

99WhiteBeast
05-29-2004, 10:13 AM
They closed the North Arlington Saucer soon after we had our last meet there.

I agree we should find another spot in Arlington- there's a Humperdinks near Six Flags

dboat
05-29-2004, 02:26 PM
I was thinking that we could have the meeting at Quaker Steak and Lube just off of I-90 and Peach St.. knana :evil :evil

Except you guys would need a couple day head start on the meeting.. :rll:
But it would be darned convenient for me.. :beer:

Dana

Not being there, remember its Texas Area Lightning Owners North (TALON) :tu:
not TALONED (Texas Area Lightning Owners North East Dallas) :nono:

so take the opportunity to open them up on your local freeway on the way there and back..

Tex Arcana
05-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I was thinking that we could have the meeting at Quaker Steak and Lube just off of I-90 and Peach St.. knana :evil :evil

Except you guys would need a couple day head start on the meeting.. :rll:
But it would be darned convenient for me.. :beer:

Dana

Not being there, remember its Texas Area Lightning Owners North (TALON) :tu:
not TALONED (Texas Area Lightning Owners North East Dallas) :nono:

so take the opportunity to open them up on your local freeway on the way there and back..Well, if you look at the way it's been arranged, you'll see that each location has been chosen to make it easier for people in a particular location to make at least one out of four meetings. And this is how it *should* be, for this group, if only for fairness' sake.

Now, as for a road trip to YOUR neck of the woods... given the screaming about gas prices around here, I think the only way that'll happen is if this group becomes TAFON (Texas Area FOCUS Owners North) :d
:rll:

03LightningRocks
05-29-2004, 04:05 PM
It must be a conspiracy!!!!!!!! It seems like the meetings always fall on a week that I have to head to another FFW event.

How about meeting in Florida?:rolleyes:

See everyone there:nana2

Rocks

cpeapea
05-29-2004, 04:13 PM
its a bit further of a drive for me, so naturally i would say no. but im up for a meeting anyways, i havent been to one in a while

dboat
05-29-2004, 04:29 PM
its a bit further of a drive for me, so naturally i would say no. but im up for a meeting anyways, i havent been to one in a while

So, we have one vote for NW Pennsylvania
knana

Dana

blueoval01
05-29-2004, 05:02 PM
All,

In yet another attempt to keep the club away from bad food and boring locations I would like to propose a change of location to the June 3rd meeting at Pappas BBQ.

There is a place in Addison (which we have not had a meet at yet) called Dukes that has tons of parking, great food, good happy hour prices, and plenty of scenery. I think it would be a great place for us to hang out.

Its located at Marsh and Beltline in Addison.

Let me know what you guys think. Crawford, there is a Dukes Original Roadhouse at Midway and Beltline. Is this the one you are referring to?

blueoval01
05-29-2004, 05:29 PM
They closed the North Arlington Saucer soon after we had our last meet there.

I agree we should find another spot in Arlington- there's a Humperdinks near Six Flags Steve, what about Hooters/Arlington on Collins. Looking at the location, it seems a bit closer to the North Dallas guys without effecting the S. Arlington folks too bad. What about parking there?
Since we have been doing Humperdinks in lieu of Pappas, I think most would prefer something different.

PoorSvtman
05-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Id say id go but its hard for me to get out to the meets out in the dallas area. I get off work at 6 (work in burleson), then have to go home and shower. By the time i would leave my house it wouldnt realy be worth the drive just to see everyone after you all ate then leave.

I could always skip the shower but im sure after being outside and working in a shop and being all greasy and sweaty id probly get kicked out by you all and the manager for stinking up the place :evil

99WhiteBeast
05-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Steve, what about Hooters/Arlington on Collins. Looking at the location, it seems a bit closer to the North Dallas guys without effecting the S. Arlington folks too bad. What about parking there?
Since we have been doing Humperdinks in lieu of Pappas, I think most would prefer something different.
The only issue there is parking. It plain sucks. We would be lucky to get 3 or 4 trucks together.

Other options for a North Arlington location:
1. Al's Hamburgers (157/Green Oaks)-damn good burgers (been in Arlington since the 50's) and cold beer- no talent to ogle and parking could be an issue-might not be too bad in the evening as they cater to a heavy lunch volume- I can scout it out if you like.
2. Fox and Hound (157/Green Oaks)- bar with typical grill type food- parking slightly better
3. Sherlocks Pub (157/I30)- bar with finger food- good parking

One more suggestion for South Arlington:
No Frills Grill (287/Little Road)- decent food, big screens everywhere, some views

03LightningRocks
05-29-2004, 10:10 PM
So, we have one vote for NW Pennsylvania
knana

Dana

Actually Dana...........I think he was voting for Florida:D .

Rocksknana

PoorSvtman
05-30-2004, 11:57 AM
The only issue there is parking. It plain sucks. We would be lucky to get 3 or 4 trucks together.

Other options for a North Arlington location:
1. Al's Hamburgers (157/Green Oaks)-damn good burgers (been in Arlington since the 50's) and cold beer- no talent to ogle and parking could be an issue-might not be too bad in the evening as they cater to a heavy lunch volume- I can scout it out if you like.
2. Fox and Hound (157/Green Oaks)- bar with typical grill type food- parking slightly better
3. Sherlocks Pub (157/I30)- bar with finger food- good parking

One more suggestion for South Arlington:
No Frills Grill (287/Little Road)- decent food, big screens everywhere, some views

There is also a No Frills Grill off of Eastchase(greenoaks) and 30. Its over by the movie theater and office max.

blueoval01
05-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Crawford, there is a Dukes Original Roadhouse at Midway and Beltline. Is this the one you are referring to? :confused:

L8 APEX
05-31-2004, 07:26 PM
Wow, this is one topic that will never be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I vote for one central location to Dallas off the NW Hwy, Loop 12 area. No more rotations, no edge to members Plano, Keller, Red Oak, Arlington, Mesquite, Ft Worth etc... We all live where we live that should have no bearing on where the group meeting is. We are all members of TALON and TALON is based on the Dallas/ Ft. Worth metroplex. It is obvious rotating the meeting place limits attendance by some. Most clubs around stick to one place and it works for them. I go to hang out with customers and friends not the food or chicks. Let the flaming begin:throw: knana .

StormShadow
05-31-2004, 07:45 PM
I actually agree with Terry. Same place everytime.

03LightningRocks
05-31-2004, 07:52 PM
I almost hate to throw my 2 cents in here, since it is hard for me to make the summer meetings. But I agree with Terry. The Loop 12 area is central to darned near everyone. Let's pick a place in that area and make that the spot for ever more.

The point is to get together with as many as possible and talk Lightnings and check out each others latest mods, who really gives a crap if the food is eloquent or not.

Rocks:beer:

98Cobra
05-31-2004, 09:06 PM
I almost hate to throw my 2 cents in here, since it is hard for me to make the summer meetings. But I agree with Terry. The Loop 12 area is central to darned near everyone. Let's pick a place in that area and make that the spot for ever more.

The point is to get together with as many as possible and talk Lightnings and check out each others latest mods, who really gives a crap if the food is eloquent or not.

Rocks:beer:
I agree actually :) except for the food part. Most people are coming straight from work and stuff, and if the food is for shite then that's no good. Someplace central is fine by me, but the food should matter. Good scenery is a bonus :) but not a must.

Tex Arcana
05-31-2004, 10:01 PM
I have no problem with a rotation; like I said, it makes it easier for some people to make meetings. Food is food, it can be found anywhere. BUt, I'll go where the meeting is, unless it's Pittsburg or Florida. :rolleyes:

02BOLT
06-01-2004, 08:06 AM
To expound upon Terry's and Rock's comments...there are a plethora of restauraunts in the Loop 12/NW Highway area. So we don't even have to meet at the "SAME" restaurant every month, just the SAME general location. That way it's more feasible to EVERYone, EVERY month, and you still get a variety.

Here are a few of the restaurants in that area off the top of my head.....
Humperdinks, Chili's, Joe's Crab Shack, Outback, Bennigans, Pappasito's, Pappadeaux, Texas Land and Cattle, Pappa's Bar-B-Que(Which we're all aware of), and several others. Some of the places I mentioned may not be ideal, or may be a little pricey. I just wanted to point out that the area offers several options.

Later,
Rob:beer:

Mark #2
06-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Okay, guess where I think it should be every month?;)

I35 and Loop 12 is the right answer.IMHO.

Problem is now that I have a conf. call every Thursday with Japan at 6:00pm. That's why I missed last month's meeting, not the location.

Mark

Silver_2000
06-01-2004, 12:36 PM
I have stayed out of this discussion so I didnt skew the results ....

loop 12 and nw hwy is a central location. And its close to where I work so it works for me ...

Someone needs to interview the restuarants in that area to fond one that will book a spot for 20 once a month ...

Doug

Silver_2000
06-02-2004, 03:15 PM
This reminds me of the reason we set up a schedule originally - Seems we could NEVER just pick a location in advance and stick with it ...

So therefore now that the meeting is TOMORROW

Someone needs to decide WHERE its going to be - Its going to be at HUMPERDINKS off Loop 12....

Mark has taken on the tough job of trying to decide in advance where we should go for "meetings" - Its up to him to make the final decisions as to any location changes.

blueoval01
06-02-2004, 04:40 PM

Someone needs to interview the restuarants in that area to fond one that will book a spot for 20 once a month ...

Doug I'm on that one Doug.

Shiner1
06-03-2004, 08:46 AM
So are we still at Hump's for this month's meeting??

blueoval01
06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Meeting thread (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5566)

TP Derrick D
06-05-2004, 10:06 PM

Hey guys....yeah I'm still around, just haven't been posting and reading maybe once a week. I got a feeling I lost insterest there for a month or so...I think when I went by Terry's shop and seen his L setting there like a "has been" I realized some of the Talon members I've known the longest no longer have their trucks ( Justin, Rob,Wayne,Henry,Terry...among others ) and then I missed work to attend April's Arlington meet and it was like S.Tarrant county posse meet instead of a Talon meet. I did get to meet a couple L owners I had never met before but like Steve said ,none of the main Talon guys from Dallas area was there.After all that I guess I just lost interest even wondered if I 'd get rid of my L anytime soon.Well the answer to that is NO but it did cross my mind. me :throw: !!!! I hope I'm back !!! Because the real wake up was Thurs. nite 3-4 in the morning my neighbor ringing my door bell to let me know she just scared a couple guys away from my truck. she say they appear to have slim-jims.Since the L sit in the driveway I backed it up close to the garage door and pulled my daily all the way up to the front to keep it from being moved and put the club on the steering wheel. Fvcking low life.