PDA

View Full Version : Ftvb

LonghornLightning
05-26-2004, 12:01 PM
anyone on here running that, and if so...is it going to do much for me as a daily driver, could it void the warranty.....and would someone want to hook up and help install this bad boy if I get it?

Thanks, Dru

PS: I don't have the L now...stereo is being put in, so I'll keep you posted on that.

:tu:

WA 2 FST
05-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Dru,

I would not drive an L without a shift kit or the FTVB. I had a Trans Go shift kit I installed in my '99 (and I also put one in my wife's '00 Expedition) and this time I thought I'd try the FTVB. It works just like a good shift kit, IMHO. Shifts are firm, but not obnoxious. Neck snapping at part throttle or in traffic is not cool to me anymore. This won't do that. I describe it as a much _quicker_ shift. The thing is never hanging there out of gear on an upshift, which is good b/c that's what wears out the trans anyway.

The advantage is that you can keep your stock VB unmodified (with a shift kit, you have to modify it slightly), so if you ever want to put the stocker back in, its easy.

I don't see how it could void the warranty, but if you grenaded your trans, you could always put your stocker back in before you took it in for service.

I would be happy to help you install it. My schedule is kind of crazy at the moment, but my son's baseball season is almost over, and after that I could swing by one evening and we could knock it out. It is not hard and once we get the truck in the air on jack stands, it won't take 30 minutes, including cleaning up the ensuing trans fluid that inevitably gets all over your arms, shirt, etc.

You should consider a 4x4 trans pan while you do this, too. :)