PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale or Ennis anytime soon?

00Bolt
06-01-2004, 06:09 PM
im wanting to head out to kennedale or Ennis soon... iv never done the 1/4 before... but my best 1/8 is 8.2 and i wanna see if I can beat that....

PoorSvtman
06-01-2004, 06:37 PM
i was thinking about this sunday.

Krystle
06-01-2004, 06:44 PM
i was thinking about this sunday.
I want to go this Sunday to Kennedale.. Since its FREE.. :D

StormShadow
06-01-2004, 06:49 PM
im wanting to head out to kennedale or Ennis soon... iv never done the 1/4 before... but my best 1/8 is 8.2 and i wanna see if I can beat that....You won't beat that time in this weather. You should go to the TMCC event with all of us in Oklahoma.

PoorSvtman
06-01-2004, 07:13 PM
You won't beat that time in this weather. You should go to the TMCC event with all of us in Oklahoma.

Thats one reason i keep putting going out there off. I know ill run crappy with the heat and my tires.

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I'll go, I havnt ran my truck at all yet, I want to see what she can do (or I can do) So this sunday is free? I need some other peeps there who have ran L's before on the track that can give my a few pointers.

PoorSvtman
06-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I'll go, I havnt ran my truck at all yet, I want to see what she can do (or I can do) So this sunday is free? I need some other peeps there who have ran L's before on the track that can give my a few pointers.

It free for the ladies. 10 bucks for guys. So if you want to get in free just put on a wig and a skirt. :tu:

True Blue Aggie
06-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Or all of you could drive to Oklahoma for the day to race.........

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-01-2004, 07:44 PM
I think i'd rather drive to OK than to put on a dress and wig....tempting though :hammer: . How much is OK and where is OK is it? is it a bunch of Talon L's? If its not too north OK im all for it.

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Or I'll go down to Kennedale and try out the 1/8 before a 1/4, since im a newbie.

PoorSvtman
06-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Or all of you could drive to Oklahoma for the day to race.........

Meh. Not up for driving to OK just for a race. Id go if i had some t-bars, slicks so i could actualy hook up. I would have also been in all the other races as well.

True Blue Aggie
06-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Bitch and moan, bitch and moan.........
I have no T-bars, I have no slicks. I still race, and I still hook up. Its all about the consistency, and reaction time. Not speed or traction, as long as you are consistently losing traction. Now I would not like to waste my F-1's as much as I do, but its a small price to pay for actual racing and not time trials.
Mike in Grapevine, feel free to come if you can. The racetrack is in Noble, OK which is just south of Norman, OK. Looks to be about a 3 hour drive from Richardson, and a bunch of us are going to go up on Saturday. I would like to race that Sat. for money (the track is having a bracket race of there own) but I think some of the guys are going to enjoy a modeling show and :beer: . Let us know if you want to go and when and we will be looking for you.

PoorSvtman
06-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Bitch and moan, bitch and moan.........
I have no T-bars, I have no slicks. I still race, and I still hook up. Its all about the consistency, and reaction time. Not speed or traction, as long as you are consistently losing traction. Now I would not like to waste my F-1's as much as I do, but its a small price to pay for actual racing and not time trials.
Mike in Grapevine, feel free to come if you can. The racetrack is in Noble, OK which is just south of Norman, OK. Looks to be about a 3 hour drive from Richardson, and a bunch of us are going to go up on Saturday. I would like to race that Sat. for money (the track is having a bracket race of there own) but I think some of the guys are going to enjoy a modeling show and :beer: . Let us know if you want to go and when and we will be looking for you.

Yea but arent you pretty much stock boost wise. I have a damn 6lb and shity tires that love to spin at the track but like to hook up on the street. :throw: Every time i leave the line i leave differently trying to get the tires to hook up. So lets put my 6lb on your ride and see if you can hook up then on your F1s :D

edit: Im just messing with ya bud so dont think im being and A$$ :beer:

True Blue Aggie
06-01-2004, 09:51 PM
You....an ass. Never :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:
I know what your runnin and I feel your pain. No traction sucks...

jcblack
06-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I'll go to Kennedale. I wont run due to tranny problems, but I will represent.

Tex Arcana
06-01-2004, 10:04 PM
IF you check out this thread (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5575), you'll see we're going as a group, all SVT vehicles, and we'll get the track to ourselves for the afternoon. THat's when I'm going, feel free to join wiht us. ;)

00Bolt
06-02-2004, 07:52 AM
ya no Oklahoma for me... but Ill try and get my wife to go out there with me on Sunday and ill run her new bimmer too... its got a bunch of Dinan stuff on it... im just curious to see what it will do....

what time you guys heading out to kennedale??? iv only been twice and both times I got there late....

Tex Arcana
06-02-2004, 12:41 PM
ya no Oklahoma for me... but Ill try and get my wife to go out there with me on Sunday and ill run her new bimmer too... its got a bunch of Dinan stuff on it... im just curious to see what it will do....

what time you guys heading out to kennedale??? iv only been twice and both times I got there late....
To whom are you replying? If it's to me, then we need 5 spots filled, and we are getting the track 2 hours before the opening, TO OURSELVES, to run as many times as we want. Then we get to stick around after it opens, and run some more, or spectate, as we wish. (details here http://www.dfwsvtoa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36 and here http://www.dfwsvtoa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86)

To me, that's a great deal. ALL SVT products, all wanting to race for fun, and we get to run as much as we can while we're there.

Let me know, folks... time is-a runnin' out... :eek2:

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Count me in on Sunday at Kennedale. Its 25 bucks a head, and have the track to ourselves (svtoa)? Thats cool, what time do we need to get there for the Rapid Straight Line Acceleration-Course 101, it just says a couple of hours prior to opening.