PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth......Get ready.

True Blue Aggie
06-01-2004, 08:17 PM
]

You are about to get hit pretty bad.....

StormShadow
06-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Dang, whats up with Burleson?

my2002lightning
06-01-2004, 08:29 PM
It's storming pretty bad here in Frisco, now. Wind/lightning, etc.

Powering off the PCs/laptop for a while.

PoorSvtman
06-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Dang, whats up with Burleson?

Dunno but what ever it is im glad im not at work. :eek2: Thank god i have a garage. knana

Alpine
06-01-2004, 08:49 PM
I am right smack dab in the middle of it, about 50-60 mph winds, heavy rains....

get ready a- town. I am 820 and 35w.

Dunno but what ever it is im glad im not at work. :eek2: Thank god i have a garage. knana

Krystle
06-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Woohoo!! Thank goodness I'm in Tyler right now.. :D

03LightningRocks
06-01-2004, 09:06 PM
It's storming pretty bad here in Frisco, now. Wind/lightning, etc.

Powering off the PCs/laptop for a while.

Not me....I got home owners insurance. I have had my eye on some new electronics:evil .

I think I'll talk on the phone, turn on the shower and run around in the yard with an umbrella naked....screaming FOCK YOU MUTHER NATURE!!!

I Love Living Life on The Edge:cool: .

Rocks:rll:

Band
06-01-2004, 09:08 PM
:rll: :rll:

tliss
06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Not me....I got home owners insurance. I have had my eye on some new electronics:evil .

I think I'll talk on the phone, turn on the shower and run around in the yard with an umbrella naked....screaming FOCK YOU MUTHER NATURE!!!

I Love Living Life on The Edge:cool: .

Rocks:rll:
Ewwww. Puts some things into perspective. I hope you DON'T get hit by lightning, because I DON'T want to see that on the 10:00 news.

Tom

03LightningRocks
06-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Ewwww. Puts some things into perspective. I hope you DON'T get hit by lightning, because I DON'T want to see that on the 10:00 news.

Tom

Don't worry Tom.......it's COLD rain....so my lightning ROD will be pointed down:d .

It should be safe:rll: .

Rocks

Tex Arcana
06-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Don't worry Tom.......it's COLD rain....so my lightning ROD will be pointed down:d .

Rocks
You mean your lightning pin?? :p

my2002lightning
06-01-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm sure Uncle Rocks is safe from Lightning strikes....such a small target. :D

Ronald

Rocks

Wht95Lightning
06-02-2004, 05:32 AM
WOW! We really got slammed here last night. The power went off at 8:55 and didn't come back on until 4:00am.
It's still not stable, keeps flickering but I have a pretty big backup power supply so my pc stays up. Cable is out so I am on dial up which is painfully slow.
I've never seen a light show like it. I would call that Fire in the Sky. It was amazing.
As far as damage, I have a couple small tree limbs in my yard and the roof is gone from my neighbors shed but that's all I can tell so far. I don't see any hail damage although we had some marble sized hail. Of course, my baby was in the garage. :beer:

I hope all the Talon folks faired as well.

bobbywade69
06-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Yea nice little storm last night, we had a small torando come threw my hood and tore up a bunch of stuff lost the power at 7:00 did come on till about 3:00am but did get to see a tornado take out the power station nice little fire storm!!!:tu: We got light polls and power lines down all around here!!:bs

L1nt2B
06-02-2004, 06:51 AM
My house in NE Dallas "Lakehighlands" took some kind of lightning hit...all the sprinkler heads started spraying, had to turn the supply valve off and the up stairs HVAC system doesn't work anymore, brand new system too :mad:

Silver_2000
06-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Just a typical storm here in Carrollton ...

The power flickered here once - PC's are on UPS 1000's - I need to get one more UPS for my TV and equipment and Ill be good to go ...

It did freak me out when I looked out the front window and all I saw was black... Then I realised that the 2 trees out front had grown into each other and now that they have leaves they block out the sun....

Hope everyone is ok...

03LightningRocks
06-02-2004, 08:05 AM
My house in NE Dallas "Lakehighlands" took some kind of lightning hit...all the sprinkler heads started spraying, had to turn the supply valve off and the up stairs HVAC system doesn't work anymore, brand new system too :mad:

It sounds like it took out the circuit board in the indoor unit. Occasionally, folks get lucky and there is a fuse in the board that protects it, but usually not. Typically, that is not covered by warranty. You can file it on home owners insurance. Some of the new boards on these furnaces can cost as much as 600 bucks. We will be getting a bunch of calls today from this:D .

Rocks

L1nt2B
06-02-2004, 08:13 AM
It sounds like it took out the circuit board in the indoor unit. Occasionally, folks get lucky and there is a fuse in the board that protects it, but usually not. Typically, that is not covered by warranty. You can file it on home owners insurance. Some of the new boards on these furnaces can cost as much as 600 bucks. We will be getting a bunch of calls today from this:D .

Rocks
DAMN! I was afraid you were going to say that. It does have a 3amp reset fuse on it but it just keeps tripping...any Ideas what I can do?
It is a brand new Lennex signiture series.
My cell # is 469-853-2888

03LightningRocks
06-02-2004, 08:40 AM
DAMN! I was afraid you were going to say that. It does have a 3amp reset fuse on it but it just keeps tripping...any Ideas what I can do?
It is a brand new Lennex signiture series.
My cell # is 469-853-2888

You should be getting a call in a few minutes. William can try to walk you through any easy fixes. My concern is that you mentioned a resettable fuse. I have been out of the repair loop for about 10 years now. William deals with these things all day everyday. It would help if you had the model number. I believe that one is going to be the G60 series....but check it if your still home.

Rocks

Wht95Lightning
06-02-2004, 09:20 AM
I went out looking for some hot coffee since my coffee pot won't work without electricity and saw quite a bit of tree damage, tool sheds laying in the roads and misc debrit. A couple of downed power poles and a virtual convoy of repair trucks from TXU in the south HEB area.

The Starbucks and Dunkin doughnuts closest to me were closed for lack of power :hammer: But...
Super Target at 183/Precinct line has power, and Starbucks so I got my fix! . :tu:

Tex Arcana
06-02-2004, 12:46 PM
We got hammered pretty hard last night, here in Frisco. MY house it at the top of the hill facing west, too, so we bore the brunt of it; thankfully, underground wires did their job, and we had no outages or surges. (whew) We did have one helluva light show, and that strom came BACK around midnight to dump again. :eek2:

Good to hear everyone's alright.

SILVER2000SVT
06-02-2004, 01:10 PM
It was rough down in mansfield, Power has been off since 9:30 yesterday evening and at least until I left this morning. I got lucky though and had enough hot water in the tank to take a shower but I didn't eat breakfast because I didn't want to open the fridge. I had a whole lot of limbs come down, two that were over 10 inches in diameter.

my2002lightning
06-02-2004, 01:34 PM
It looks like we're going to be in for more bad weather today/tonight.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/75035

03LightningRocks
06-02-2004, 03:01 PM
It looks like we're going to be in for more bad weather today/tonight.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/75035

Thank goodness I am heading east. We planned to leave about 8. I believe I may make that a bit earlier. Hope I can make it out before the hail hits.

Rocks

L1nt2B
06-02-2004, 03:07 PM
great :( what els could go wrong? I have already lost one AC unit, HD sat receiver, Sprinkler system and the lightning hit the house and blew a big hole in the roof :mad: damn warranties aren't going to cover **** because its an act of GOD :bs

blueoval01
06-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Humm, interesting. Don't think I've seen an Insurance policy that excludes "Acts of GOD" specifically, as in ALL Act's of GOD. Act's of War, yes.
But, I'm sure they are out there. Flood and EarthQuake are usually separate from the "Base" policy.
Plenty folks got insurance to cover storm and tornado damage. So I'm a bit confused. :confused: Did your policy actually specify certain exclusions as Act's of GOD?

If this is a Home Warrenty your looking at, no, they typically only cover fixed property. Similar to a Big Ticket appliance warrenty. If you bought the home in the last year, you may have a home warrenty. Typically the 12 month deal is suppose to cover you on stuff that the previous owner may not have disclosed.

And of course Home Warrenties can be purchased for extended amounts of time.

L1nt2B
06-02-2004, 05:19 PM
no, I meant the manufactures warranty. Both the AC unit and the Receiver are bran spanking new and lightning srike power surges are not under warranty. :mad:

blueoval01
06-02-2004, 06:29 PM
OK Tim,
I understand. Manufacture warrenties ...... Arg!
Insurance would cover any "damage" that might have occured to the property, but not the equipment.
Example: Hot water heater dies and there is water damage to the carpet.
Insurance will cover the carpet but not the hot water heater.

Damn, bad luck usually runs in 3's. Hope you can sit back for a while with no problems. :tu:

Nuhklz
06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
It was pretty bad here in SW A-town. The power went out last night at 9 and just came on. I went in to work this morning, we had no power and I sent everyone home about 10.

Hope tonight isn't a repeat performance.

L1nt2B
06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
yes, me too

03LightningRocks
06-02-2004, 06:47 PM
OK Tim,
Insurance would cover any "damage" that might have occured to the property, but not the equipment.

Damn, bad luck usually runs in 3's. Hope you can sit back for a while with no problems. :tu:

I have sold so many circuit boards to folks that got it covered under homeowners insurance, I could buy 2 Lightnings with the money.

I know the manufacturers warranty won't cover it.....and neither will one of those Bogus home warranties. But home owners insurance is specifically for things like this. A tornado would be an act of god....is it not covered for that either? What about hail....I just put a brand new roof on my house with home owners insurance money.

Not to just keep pounding the drum, but I have customers that have gotten a house full of electronics replaced under home owners insurance.

Something doesn't sound right Tim...don't let them B.S. you. Again...all this only applies to actual home owners insurance, not one of those "home warranty/rip off policies".

Good luck with it Tim....stay in their arses.

Rocks:confused:

Tex Arcana
06-02-2004, 06:48 PM
OK Tim,

Be casreful about that water heater warranty thing: if you lose a water heater withing its tank life period, your insurance company will go back to the manufacturer and either get you a replacement or cash toward a replacement.

blueoval01
06-02-2004, 06:55 PM
......Something doesn't sound right Tim...don't let them B.S. you. Again...all this only applies to actual home owners insurance, not one of those "home warranty/rip off policies".
Rocks:confused:
Exactly !!

my2002lightning
06-02-2004, 07:03 PM
It's looking like it's going to hit North of us this time, hopefully!

Elaine's mom in Tulsa called my cell this afternoon and said today's storm knocked out a ton of windows in my old Williams office bldg. in Tulsa and the Adam's Mark sky-bridge.

Mom/Dad were in the storm cellar earlier and said it was hitting hard near Ardmore.

It's calm here with blue skies and a ton of storm clouds to the North.

Ronald

L1nt2B
06-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey all, thanks for the words of encouragement but I don't want to claim it on my home owners insurance, hell the deductible is more than what it will cost me to replace the board on the AC unit and I'm a dealer for the SAT equipment and sprinkler solenoids how much could a few of those cost. It's alright, I was just still pissed this mornning...oh yeah the garage door opener is on crack too :mad:

99WhiteBeast
06-03-2004, 03:57 PM
I've been without power since 8pm Tuesday with no hope in sight. Apparently with the rash of storms in the midwest last week and these here has caused a shortage of transformers. We had two on my street that were taken out by lightning or trees.

90MPH straight line winds hit my neighborhood about 9:30 pm Tuesday after a sighting of Tornado at 287/20 just a mile from my house.

News reported over 8,000 lightning strikes:eek: in a 4 hour period Tuesday in the DFW area.

I lost a 1/3 of a 40' Arizona Ash that split and fell towards the street missing my Mustang and the neighbors patrol car by inches. The 24" diameter limbs would have destroyed both cars. The tree completely blocked the street and we cut on it well into the night to allow one lane out until the city came out the next day.

Overall war zone in the area, fences down, trees up rooted, split, or tops broken off, brick walls and brick mailbox's blown down.

Tex Arcana
06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/outlook_tab.html

Whelp.. looks like we got more coming thru tonite.. and last nite was pretty bad as well...

Tex Arcana
06-03-2004, 04:05 PM
I've been without power since 8pm Tuesday with no hope in sight. Apparently with the rash of storms in the midwest last week and these here has caused a shortage of transformers. We had two on my street that were taken out by lightning or trees.

90MPH straight line winds hit my neighborhood about 9:30 pm Tuesday after a sighting of Tornado at 287/20 just a mile from my house.

News reported over 8,000 lightning strikes:eek: in a 4 hour period Tuesday in the DFW area.

I lost a 1/3 of a 40' Arizona Ash that split and fell towards the street missing my Mustang and the neighbors patrol car by inches. The 24" diameter limbs would have destroyed both cars. The tree completely blocked the street and we cut on it well into the night to allow one lane out until the city came out the next day.

Overall war zone in the area, fences down, trees up rooted, split, or tops broken off, brick walls and brick mailbox's blown down.
We got hit hard, too (West Frisco), but not near the amount of damage. I'm surprised, too, becasue at the top of the hill like we are, I expected some of those lightning strikes to hit at least one or two houses. :eek2:

L1nt2B
06-03-2004, 04:39 PM
the list grows...whole audio system trashed $4700.00, garage door opener too I guess its time to call the insurance people

Mark #2
06-03-2004, 04:50 PM

Steve,
Sorry to here that is so bad over there. It's not too bad in Richardson, mostly just a few trees down, but we got the hail so bad last year. Good luck.
Mark

Tex Arcana
06-03-2004, 06:27 PM
the list grows...whole audio system trashed $4700.00, garage door opener too I guess its time to call the insurance people
That *is* what you paid for, is it not? ;)