PDA

View Full Version : ticket stuff -roanoke sucks, too!

skalywags
06-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Anyone kknow of someone to call to fix a ticket, or is better to just take Deferred Ajudication (spelling?). that shithole roanoke cop gave me a 65 in a 55, which costs $171. I have to settle it by the 7th.
I should asked asked, but I've never done either or take teh Defensive driving - If you take defensive driving, do you also pay the fine. From now on I go around Roanoke, or drive like a damn granny through that town.

thanks!

my2002lightning
06-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Only 65/55 ? Pansy.:rolleyes: If you're going to speed, do it RIGHT!

I paid my 77/55 ($186 tkt. and took def. adj. in Roanoke) and am going to be a "responsible" motorist in that jurisdiction for the time being.:cool:

It's only money...:burnout:

Nice pancake, btw.

Anyone kknow of someone to call to fix a ticket, or is better to just take Deferred Ajudication (spelling?). that shithole roanoke cop gave me a 65 in a 55, which costs $171. I have to settle it by the 7th.
I should asked asked, but I've never done either or take teh Defensive driving - If you take defensive driving, do you also pay the fine. From now on I go around Roanoke, or drive like a damn granny through that town.

thanks!

microsuck
06-03-2004, 09:06 PM
dont even talk ronald. u know i got u beat.:)

skalywags
06-03-2004, 09:15 PM
i don;t want to beat anyone but this ticket! I was driving 90+ all day, got to Roanaoke, slowed down to keep from getting a ticket. Guess I din't slow down enough! :eek:

f150freak
06-04-2004, 03:06 AM
Only 65/55 ? Pansy.:rolleyes: If you're going to speed, do it RIGHT!

I paid my 77/55 ($186 tkt. and took def. adj. in Roanoke) and am going to be a "responsible" motorist in that jurisdiction for the time being.:cool:

It's only money...:burnout:

Nice pancake, btw.

If we're gonna be playing whos got the better speeding ticket, I got both yall beat. Only ticket I have ever gotten was for 121 in a 70.:burnout:

Logan
06-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Just take deferred and pay the fine, it won't go on your record...

Tex Arcana
06-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Just take deferred and pay the fine, it won't go on your record...
Better to take DD and not only wipe your record, but also get a 5% discound on your insurance. Besides, taking DD wipes the ticket IMMEDIATELY, while DA takes anywhere from 3 months to a year (depending on the judge) to wipe it, during which you can NOT get ANY OTHER MOVING VIOLATION, ANYWHERE. You do that, the ticket goes active, and hits your record, with predictable results.

To me, it should be: Defensive Driving first; then Deferred Adjudication (if you're unable to take DD because of having taken it in the calendar year); then a ticket lawyer.

Logan
06-04-2004, 05:18 PM
That is if you don't mind the 6 hours in front of a computer or in a class... :(

Silver_2000
06-04-2004, 05:35 PM
That is if you don't mind the 6 hours in front of a computer or in a class... :(Logan is a lazy unix guy - Insurance discounts and being sure it doesnt go on your record mean nothing to the damned canadians...

99WhiteBeast
06-04-2004, 08:58 PM
mark it not guilty-request a court date- that will push it out 2 to 3 months amaybe longer.

then request the deferred gig at court time- you'll end up paying about $70 bucks in the end.

I just got a trial date for 6/22 for the one I got in November in Arlington. I doubt Roanoke is that far behind.

Tex Arcana
06-04-2004, 10:48 PM
That is if you don't mind the 6 hours in front of a computer or in a class... :(
Comedy defensive driving is the best.. at least you're laughing your as off the whole way. ;) I did the online thing, took a total of 6 hours, and was very easy. Personally, I dont mind at all.. it's the easiest thing to do, especially given that you're only got one shot a year at it; and, if you screw up a second time, you can get the DA, where screwing up under DA nets you TWO tickets on your record. :(