PDA

View Full Version : Krystal - Who's transmission is this ??

Silver_2000
06-07-2004, 09:27 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/330Tranny_mess_-med.JPG

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-07-2004, 10:23 AM
I think thats out of hers.

Holy crap thats a better pic than I saw last night. Thats a lot of metal shavings.

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Ggeeeez.. what happened?? :(

PoorSvtman
06-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Well the other day her tranny started making a funky noise at my house. Sounded like it was starving for fluid.

Yesterday i droped her pan because the fluid was black when i pulled the dipstick to check it the other day. You should see what the filter looks like. :eek2: I changed the fluid and put a new filter in and its running and shifting fine but still has a slight noise.

edit: i just talked to her and she said it didnt make a sound this morning and is driving perfect.

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Well the other day her tranny started making a funky noise at my house. Sounded like it was starving for fluid.

Yesterday i droped her pan because the fluid was black when i pulled the dipstick to check it the other day. You should see what the filter looks like. :eek2: I changed the fluid and put a new filter in and its running and shifting fine but still has a slight noise.

edit: i just talked to her and she said it didnt make a sound this morning and is driving perfect.
What does she do with her truck, pull stumps and chebbies out of mud bogs?? :rll: SHeesh, that looked horrible, how many miles on the truck? I checked my fluid Friday, and it was a nice pink color, and no odd smells. ;)

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Mike- She got some pretty cool pics of last night too. I'll probably be out at Kennedale next sunday, you all going out there next sunday?

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Mike- She got some pretty cool pics of last night too. I'll probably be out at Kennedale next sunday, you all going out there next sunday?

Okay, I be confused. :confused:

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-07-2004, 12:29 PM
tex, I stuck around last night, and other Talon members showed up and raced later that evening. Theres pics in the gallery, in recent uploads.

Edit: and i believe she drags her L.

PoorSvtman
06-07-2004, 12:47 PM
the fluid has about 6000 miles on it. She has a Red L so she dosent race :tu:

Blacksunshine-- ill probly be out there next sunday. Not sure yet.

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 12:53 PM
tex, I stuck around last night, and other Talon members showed up and raced later that evening. Theres pics in the gallery, in recent uploads.

Edit: and i believe she drags her L.
Post me linkage, please, I sux0r5 at teh se4rch0r5... :(

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 12:55 PM
the fluid has about 6000 miles on it. She has a Red L so she dosent race :tu:

Blacksunshine-- ill probly be out there next sunday. Not sure yet.
How many miles on the truck/tranny?? Mine's 40k, but has been worked on twice under warranty, both times for that 2nd gear "hiccup", and the second time get a new valvebody, one-way clutch, torque-convertor, fluid, and a couple other things.

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Post me linkage, please, I sux0r5 at teh se4rch0r5... :(

Ummm huh? :o

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Ummm huh? :o
Jeepers, yer a code monkey, and you don't konw whta I said?? :rll: :ron:

I said I suck as searches, could you please post me a link to your pics? ;)

Nuhklz
06-07-2004, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=PoorSvtman]...She has a Red L so she dosent race :tu: [QUOTE]

:evil

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-07-2004, 03:12 PM
-TEX

Im not a programmer thank god , as you can tell code and I dont work well. :hammer:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=330

Just a few pics she snapped. I didnt get to run any after we ran all day, I had a couple beers.

Krystle
06-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Yea that transmission pic is mine.. :(

I have raced my truck plenty of times before but I have not raced it lately due to the fundage for moving out

The fluid is always nice and pinky/red.. But I had a valve body put in about 6k miles ago and the fluid was a little dirty but not to bad.. At the time the valve body and new fluid was put in the person that put it in did not put a new filter in or clean the pan and magnet..

About a week ago I started hearing a funky noise like it was starving(just like Mike said) and a few times it didnt want to go into gear.. So I parked it got Mike to drop the pan and bingo.. MY TRANNY LOOKS LIKE IT HAD MOTOR OIL IN IT.. Nothing better than to see that crap coming from your truck and you just put expensive *** Mobil 1 fluid in it when I changed the valve body..:bs

But as of today and last night my truck is running fine.. NO weird sounds.. It shifts normal.. I hope my truck is back to itself.. And it has 70k miles on it too for those wondering..

StormShadow
06-07-2004, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Krystle]I have raced my truck plenty of times before QUOTE] :rll:

Krystle
06-07-2004, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Krystle]I have raced my truck plenty of times before QUOTE] :rll:
Kiss my ***... I have had this truck for almost 2 years.. and how long have YOU known me.. hmmm not even since Christmas... So yea.. get your stuff straight.. Because you dont know.. Maybe since I have known you I havent raced.. ITS BECAUSE IM B R O K E! But its all about to change..

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 03:56 PM

I have raced my truck plenty of times before but I have not raced it lately due to the fundage for moving out

The fluid is always nice and pinky/red.. But I had a valve body put in about 6k miles ago and the fluid was a little dirty but not to bad.. At the time the valve body and new fluid was put in the person that put it in did not put a new filter in or clean the pan and magnet..

About a week ago I started hearing a funky noise like it was starving(just like Mike said) and a few times it didnt want to go into gear.. So I parked it got Mike to drop the pan and bingo.. MY TRANNY LOOKS LIKE IT HAD MOTOR OIL IN IT.. Nothing better than to see that crap coming from your truck and you just put expensive *** Mobil 1 fluid in it when I changed the valve body..:bs

But as of today and last night my truck is running fine.. NO weird sounds.. It shifts normal.. I hope my truck is back to itself.. And it has 70k miles on it too for those wondering..
Have you (or anyone) heard of this 2nd-gear-hiccup thing?? I was told it's a one-way bearing disintegrating, and with that much metal in the pan, I wonder if maybe you're not losing that bearing/clutch...

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 03:57 PM
-TEX

Im not a programmer thank god , as you can tell code and I dont work well. :hammer:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=330

Just a few pics she snapped. I didnt get to run any after we ran all day, I had a couple beers.
Maaann.. why couldn't y'all show up earlier??? I've been wanting to meet y'all for a while now.

Krystle
06-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Maaann.. why couldn't y'all show up earlier??? I've been wanting to meet y'all for a while now.
We didnt think everyone was getting out there until 6 or later.. I would have came earlier if I would have known people was out there..

Krystle
06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Have you (or anyone) heard of this 2nd-gear-hiccup thing?? I was told it's a one-way bearing disintegrating, and with that much metal in the pan, I wonder if maybe you're not losing that bearing/clutch...
Never have heard of that..

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 04:02 PM
We didnt think everyone was getting out there until 6 or later.. I would have came earlier if I would have known people was out there..
sheeeesh.. and I even posted a thread about it.. y'all could've run all you want, against otehr Ls and Cobras and such, and even taken a shot at a cheap little trophy that was just alot of fun to get to. :D

bobbywade69
06-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I've seen worse!!!knana

bobbywade69
06-07-2004, 04:21 PM

Yes the pan and the magnet were cleaned when the pan was pulled!:nono:

Krystle
06-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm just thankful that it still works and the help that I have had.. But other than that.. I dont want discuss it anymore.. Because I dont want anymore bad luck being brought on.. :D

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 04:43 PM
I've seen worse!!!knana
pics or shens... :D

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm just thankful that it still works and the help that I have had.. But other than that.. I dont want discuss it anymore.. Because I dont want anymore bad luck being brought on.. :D
Didja put a magnet in the pan beofer putting back together?

PoorSvtman
06-07-2004, 04:49 PM

Your welcome babe :tu: .

Tex-- Yes i reinstalled and cleaned the crap outa the pan and magnet :tu:

im also gonna change the fluid again here soon

Tex Arcana
06-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Your welcome babe :tu: .

Tex-- Yes i reinstalled and cleaned the crap outa the pan and magnet :tu:
eexcellent.. ;)

StormShadow
06-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Kiss my ***... I have had this truck for almost 2 years.. and how long have YOU known me.. hmmm not even since Christmas... So yea.. get your stuff straight.. Because you dont know.. Maybe since I have known you I havent raced.. ITS BECAUSE IM B R O K E! But its all about to change..

Guess you told me. All I did was laugh. :throw:

Krystle
06-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Well... I figured this day would come..:vomit: On my way to work this morning I was sitting at the stop light maybe a 1/2 mile from my house when I tried to turn right on a red with no one coming my truck went into gear but then stalled.. I was like what the heck and as soon as I look to my left who is coming a HUGE diesel headed right towards me.. I got the truck into gear some how and pulled to the side of the road.. Needless to say when I started my truck back up it wouldnt get out of first gear.. The whole way I tried to make it back to the house in first gear because I can't leave my truck on the side of a road and I could hear all this horrible noises coming from my tranny.. 20 mins later I made it back to the house where it sit until the tow truck came and picked it up and brought it to the tranny shop in Dallas..

Looks like I'm stuck driving a Dodge Dakota renter for 2 days until my truck is back up and running right! :crying:

If I didn't have bad luck I would'nt have any at all!!!:bs

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Awwww that sux (should have replaced the filter) :rolleyes: . Whos doing your tranny work for you?

Krystle
06-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Awwww that sux (should have replaced the filter) :rolleyes: . Whos doing your tranny work for you?
Hush..

AAMCO in Dallas... They had the best quote and warrenty.. And I will have my truck in less than 2 days..

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-21-2004, 03:23 PM
I wont talk Shi# , im sure the day will come when my tranny roast's. 2 days is pretty damn good. Good luck.

Krystle
06-21-2004, 03:25 PM
I wont talk Shi# , im sure the day will come when my tranny roast's. 2 days is pretty damn good. Good luck.
Thanks!! I hope you dont have to go threw that though.. I thought I was gone when I saw the disel headed straight for me and not slowing down.. I'm just thankful it didnt happen to me when I was on my way back from Tyler yesterday on I-20

PoorSvtman
06-21-2004, 04:21 PM

I did replace the filter bro. I changed the fluid and filter when i pulled the pan weeks ago. Her tranny was on its last leg. Its amazing it lasted this long. But im sure the trip to tyler didnt help any.

Tex Arcana
06-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Well... I figured this day would come..:vomit: On my way to work this morning I was sitting at the stop light maybe a 1/2 mile from my house when I tried to turn right on a red with no one coming my truck went into gear but then stalled.. I was like what the heck and as soon as I look to my left who is coming a HUGE diesel headed right towards me.. I got the truck into gear some how and pulled to the side of the road.. Needless to say when I started my truck back up it wouldnt get out of first gear.. The whole way I tried to make it back to the house in first gear because I can't leave my truck on the side of a road and I could hear all this horrible noises coming from my tranny.. 20 mins later I made it back to the house where it sit until the tow truck came and picked it up and brought it to the tranny shop in Dallas..

Looks like I'm stuck driving a Dodge Dakota renter for 2 days until my truck is back up and running right! :crying:

If I didn't have bad luck I would'nt have any at all!!!:bs
Hey, it could be worse.. the truck could'a hit you (or you could be unemployed)... ;)

Glad you got it home safe, and I hope they do a good job. Is your tranny stock, or has it been modified?

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-23-2004, 09:36 AM
I did replace the filter bro. I changed the fluid and filter when i pulled the pan weeks ago. Her tranny was on its last leg. Its amazing it lasted this long. But im sure the trip to tyler didnt help any.

Im sure you did im giving you a hard time. Mine seems to downshift more firm than usual. Maybe its the way I drive it so hard.

PoorSvtman
06-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Im sure you did im giving you a hard time. Mine seems to downshift more firm than usual. Maybe its the way I drive it so hard.

:tu: .