PDA

View Full Version : Any decent welders out there?

rickgig
06-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Guys… I’ve had a squeak under my truck ever since the dealer replaced the tranny under warranty. Be pretty strange since you can’t hear it until it warms up completely and then once you turn the motor off you have about 5 minutes to try and find it before it stops squeaking again.

I’ve noticed pushing on the exhaust tips will make the noise when standing still so today I put it on the ramps, stuck a breaker bar in the exhaust and had my wife push back and forth while I was under it.

Found it. The exhaust hanger near the transmission mount at the rear of the tranny is broke. I guess seeing how this is an emissions part it’s still covered under warranty but the dealer will just weld it anyways so why not find someone who is decent.

So whom do we know the Lightning world that is a decent welder, preferably on the north side of Dallas… maybe even in the Plane/Frisco area?

It’s a clean break of the hanger and it shouldn’t be tough to weld it up... any ideas?

cpeapea
06-08-2004, 05:23 PM
thats what i do for a living, i have a small mig at home which would probably be more than enough to get the job done most exhaust shops would charge you about 20 bucks or so.

L8 APEX
06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
thats what i do for a living, i have a small mig at home which would probably be more than enough to get the job done most exhaust shops would charge you about 20 bucks or so.I thought you were a Discount Tire monkey:D

cpeapea
06-10-2004, 05:35 PM
nope, havent been for a good while. I work for RoadWay rewelding things the teamster monkeys keep breaking