PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sending a e-mail.....

jcblack
06-12-2004, 02:49 PM
to the stupid dude that writes for the star-telegram. He did an article on the SRT-10 and he didn't bash the Lightnings, but he sure did down play them. He said and I quote "But even the most recent Lightning, at least in its factory form, sports only a 5.4 liter V-8 engine rated at 380 horsepower and 450 foot-pounds of torque. Yes, some people can tune theirs to make them a bit hotter than that, but out of the box the Lightning doesnt match the SRT-10's performance". What a fag! I bolded it because 380 hp and 450 torque is still alot. If anyone is interested, his name is William Chambers III, and his email is chambers@star-telegram.com.

L8 APEX
06-12-2004, 03:14 PM
His statement is within reason.

bobbywade69
06-12-2004, 03:30 PM
I already did this morning, that thing pissed me off saying the Lightning couldn't even hang with it at the drag strip!:nono:

my2002lightning
06-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Alot of papers/magazines do that intentionally to stir up controversy which increases sales, etc.

You might also include a link in your email to Tom's Ennis/SRT-10 video. :nana2

jcblack
06-12-2004, 04:29 PM
His statement is within reason.Dont think so. It has shiney big wheels, Yes. I has a nicer interior, Yes. It flat out performs better, No. It's like comparing the Lancer Evo and the WRX. Those two cars perform almost identical and so do L's and SRT-10's.

tliss
06-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Send him an e-mail inviting him out to the track, bring every SRT-10 he can find, and we'll give him something to write about. The Dodge may have more horsepower, but it is still not king. No Lightning owner in Texas has been beat by one.

Tom

Shiner1
06-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Dont think so. It has shiney big wheels, Yes. I has a nicer interior, Yes. It flat out performs better, No. It's like comparing the Lancer Evo and the WRX. Those two cars perform almost identical and so do L's and SRT-10's.
Don't want to start an argument but I think the L interior is better and more comfortable. IMO the ford is a better looking truck, nicer body lines. The Dodge is just down right fugley.