98Cobra
06-23-2004, 08:44 AM
This made me laugh. :rll:

http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4025&n=2

Nuhklz
06-23-2004, 09:04 AM
This made me laugh. :rll:

http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4025&n=2
I love The Onion!! It always provides a refreshing view to world events.

Tex Arcana
06-23-2004, 09:11 AM
bwahahahah...that was funny...

Now, what would be REAL funny is his jumping ship and driving in Formula One next year... :d

Crawford
06-23-2004, 09:57 AM
That was pretty funny. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

dboat
06-23-2004, 07:53 PM
bwahahahah...that was funny...

Now, what would be REAL funny is his jumping ship and driving in Formula One next year... :d

If he did jump ship, he might do fairly well and just think how many Americans would watch F1 for once.. knana

Its too bad that Michael Andretti had gotten too big a head before he went over there and screwed it up for himself..

Tex Arcana
06-24-2004, 04:05 AM
If he did jump ship, he might do fairly well and just think how many Americans would watch F1 for once.. knana

Its too bad that Michael Andretti had gotten too big a head before he went over there and screwed it up for himself..
I think he could do real well in F1, but only if he spent a minimum of a year as a test driver--those cars require some SERIOUS skilz...:bows

dboat
06-24-2004, 05:07 AM
I think he could do real well in F1, but only if he spent a minimum of a year as a test driver--those cars require some SERIOUS skilz...:bows
you are probably right on that one, but when he drove Montoya's year old car at Indy, his time was fast enough to have qualified. Remember he used to do a lot of road course work before NASCAR. But F1 is a whole other world.
Dana

Tex Arcana
06-24-2004, 10:15 AM
you are probably right on that one, but when he drove Montoya's year old car at Indy, his time was fast enough to have qualified. Remember he used to do a lot of road course work before NASCAR. But F1 is a whole other world.
Dana
Yeah, and I"m basing that year on his performance--and not really his performance, but the fact that he had trouble hodling up his head.

You may not realize it, but most young hotshot F1 drivers coming into the sport for the first time spend a LOT of time driving T-cars, sometimes up to 3 years, to get used to them and to hone thier skills in them, before they can drive in a race.

dboat
06-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah, and I"m basing that year on his performance--and not really his performance, but the fact that he had trouble hodling up his head.

You may not realize it, but most young hotshot F1 drivers coming into the sport for the first time spend a LOT of time driving T-cars, sometimes up to 3 years, to get used to them and to hone thier skills in them, before they can drive in a race.

Except for Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen, Montoya, Schumacher and a few others.. I thought a few make the leap from Formula 2000 as well.. Kimi was a different one since he came straight from karting to F1.. but you are correct in that a lot of them do come thru the Tcars... what a life though, eh?
Dana

Tex Arcana
06-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Except for Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen, Montoya, Schumacher and a few others.. I thought a few make the leap from Formula 2000 as well.. Kimi was a different one since he came straight from karting to F1.. but you are correct in that a lot of them do come thru the Tcars... what a life though, eh?
Dana
If you dig a little deeper, you find that even the hotshots went thru as test drivers, just wasn't well-known, and their "apprenticeship" was very short-lived, becasue they showed the necessary brilliance in the cars to move right into the racing.