PDA

View Full Version : RIP Lightning

FRDRCING
06-26-2004, 12:12 AM
I just want to let everyone know that my truck is no more, was on the way home fron work and hydroplaned dwn the side of I35 and 170 south bound. My truck rolled one time and totled the L. I had no broen bones but did receive 20 stitches on the right side of my head. will be getting pictures tommorw and will post.

P.S. I did craw out and the 45 min. ambulance ride was bumpy as hell but I am okay and well but fell like I hit a freight train.

Silver_2000
06-26-2004, 12:18 AM
I just want to let everyone know that my truck is no more, was on the way home fron work and hydroplaned dwn the side of I35 and 170 south bound. My truck rolled one time and totled the L. I had no broen bones but did receive 20 stitches on the right side of my head. will be getting pictures tommorw and will post.

P.S. I did craw out and the 45 min. ambulance ride was bumpy as hell but I am okay and well but fell like I hit a freight train.
That sucks - Glad you are OK

Doug

L8 APEX
06-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Glad you walked/limped away, it must have taken some snot to roll an L. One heck of a ride, it goes with the price of admission. So another L or what?

my2002lightning
06-26-2004, 12:39 AM
Sorry to hear about the news, Tyson! :o

Hope you get well soon and back in another L soon.

Take care,

Ronald and Elaine...

PS: I've seen a Lexus SUV roll-over in person on the Dallas N. Toll-way oncoming and it's a wild thing to see in person.

Start to finish, it was all in slow-mo. / Matrix style. :eek: They were speeding big-time during a down-pour.

There must've been 3-4 ft. underneath that roof as they were tumbling! :cool:

LonghornLightning
06-26-2004, 01:15 AM
glad you're ok and everyone else in traffic.

Silver_2000
06-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the news, Tyson! :o

Hope you get well soon and back in another L soon.

Take care,

Ronald and Elaine... [:ron: ]

PS: I've seen a Lexus SUV roll-over in person on the Dallas N. Toll-way oncoming and it's a wild thing to see in person.

Start to finish, it was all in slow-mo. / Matrix style. :eek: They were speeding big-time during a down-pour.

There must've been 3-4 ft. underneath that roof as they were tumbling! :cool:[/:ron: ] LOL

Nuhklz
06-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Sorry to hear but glad you're okay.

L1nt2B
06-26-2004, 07:48 AM
dang what a drag...glad your OK

skalywags
06-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and glad to hear your alright.

I found out before that those ambulance rides are the worst! With all thes suspension technology availaable you'd think with something as important as an ambulance, they could finda way to pamper the patient with a smoother ride. I bet the helicopter is smoother, but more expensive. I've done both but can't give you any detail on the helicopter, other than it's about $5000 for a 8 mile ride. I'm thinking of calling and asking for a new ride, or for my money back. Oops! did I just do a :ron: ?

PoorSvtman
06-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Damn that sucks bro. Glad you are ok thats the most important part.

FRDRCING
06-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Here lies the L

Sixpipes
06-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Yep, that pretty much sucks. :cool:

sonicbluetommy
06-26-2004, 02:40 PM
You are really lucky the way the truck came down on the drivers cab to just get 20 stitches. I had a friend nearly get crushed to death in rollover when the cab top ended up at hood level.

Count you blessings and mark off one of your 9 cats lives, LOL.

Glad your still with us!!!

Tex Arcana
06-26-2004, 03:35 PM
wow... that thoroughly sucks. Glad you're okay, tho, and it's jsut a few stitches.

I'm a little surprised at the cab "integrity"... rather frightening, actually. :( Makes the case for roll bars, if you're doing any kind of racing, or even every day driving. :eek2:
What sort of mods did you have on the truck?

LonghornLightning
06-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I was thinkin the same thing tex, i'm a tall guy, and by the looks of that i'd have had a lot more damage to my head, makes me want to duck or wear a helmet

Tex Arcana
06-26-2004, 03:41 PM
I was thinkin the same thing tex, i'm a tall guy, and by the looks of that i'd have had a lot more damage to my head, makes me want to duck or wear a helmet
Yeah, my head comes just above the top of the seatback, and there's no way a mere seatback will save me in a situation like that.

Now to come up with a cage design that doesn't interfere with normal operation of the vehicle...:cool:

FRDRCING
06-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Only mods that were on it at the time were the JLP Ram Air, c&L inlet,mas air and magnaflow muffler. will the pullie and chip that I have for sale work on a 04 I don't think it will but tommy wants to buy it but don't want hime to buy it and it won't work.

98Cobra
06-26-2004, 06:17 PM
That sucks! I initially didn't read this thread because I thought it was another "I traded my Lightning for..." threads. Glad you are ok.

Could be worse though...

http://www.detnews.com/2004/specialreport/0404/13/a09-120890.htm

(See pic at bottom.)

99WhiteBeast
06-27-2004, 12:13 AM
sorry to hear about the L-but you're lucky because that looks bad:eek:

Tex Arcana
06-28-2004, 09:57 AM
That sucks! I initially didn't read this thread because I thought it was another "I traded my Lightning for..." threads. Glad you are ok.

Could be worse though...

http://www.detnews.com/2004/specialreport/0404/13/a09-120890.htm

(See pic at bottom.)

Yeah, that's awful... and you people wonder why I get so upset of people and corporations' complete disregard for people (anyone remember the Pinto??). I signed the petition (the article's author should've put a link in to find it), and I hope it can make a difference: www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/778995646 (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/778995646)

MadNess
06-28-2004, 11:10 AM
DANG!!! Glad you are OK, truck is fubared for sure!!! You are lucky not to be hurt in that crash.

wesman
06-29-2004, 10:38 PM
One of my buddies who's an Irving cop asked about the wreck. He wondered if I knew you, he actually thought it may have been DamonH because he has seen his silver L before at the house.

He mentioned the truck was fuxored....glad you're ok and got out relatively unscathed.

--wes

03LightningRocks
06-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Glad to see your OK.

Rocks:beer:

[http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gif]Your story reminds me of a wreck I had a couple weeks ago. I was sitting in the dry cleaner drive through when this old lady bumped my rear end. Boy, was that a close call.[http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gif]

my2002lightning
06-30-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm not going to dignify this post with another :ron:.

:D

Ronald:beer:

Glad to see your OK.

Rocks:beer:

[http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gif]Your story reminds me of a wreck I had a couple weeks ago. I was sitting in the dry cleaner drive through when this old lady bumped my rear end. Boy, was that a close call.[http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gif]

anglerx007
06-30-2004, 10:39 AM
First of all, I'm glad there were no serious injuries.

Would you mind sharing a few more specifics on the accident ? If you can't for insurance purposes I'd completely understand. But maybe your experience could raise enough caution to help someone else prevent disaster.

I'd like to know:

What kind of tires were you running and what was the tread wear like?
How fast were you going and were you changing lanes ?
Was it during a heavy downpour or just really wet roads?
Seatbelt? Airbag deployment?

Hope you can get back behind the wheel of an L soon.

Tex Arcana
07-22-2004, 11:51 PM
what happened to the pics?? :(

FRDRCING
07-23-2004, 08:16 AM
Here are a few for you