PDA

View Full Version : July 2004 Monthly Meeting

blueoval01
06-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Bone Daddy's
8856 Spring Valley Rd (Just west of Central Expressway)
Dallas, TX 75240
Phone: (214) 575-3050

Thursday, July 1, 2004
Folks start arriving around 5:30 - 6:00pm.
Then wonder in at 7:00pm to eat. :banana:

True Blue Aggie
06-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Thursday night at Duke's is The Ticket's Girls Night Out. This should be a heavily attended event by several hundred if not a 1,000 people. This means there will be absolutely NO parking spaces available for us. This event will be heavy on the eye candy, but there will be no spaces to park or sit inside AT ALL.
Not sure if this information was known to all, but it might be a good idea to change this meeting back to Bone Daddy's...

98Cobra
06-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Yea, I have to agree - moving it back to BD's may be a good idea in light of that.

blueoval01
06-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Michael,
Thanks for the heads up. I talked to them on Saturday and at that time there were no issues.
Called again a few minutes ago (twice) and finally one of the managers said "yes". The Ticket Girls and live broadcast 3-7pm.
So yes, it's gonna be packed.

Changes to BD's made.

blueoval01
06-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Is everyone up to date on the changes made for the July 2004 meet location?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

my2002lightning
06-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Roger that, Tower.:D

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Silver_2000
06-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Hey I have an idea .. Lets keep changing the location of the ****ing meeting every few days right up untill the the day before and then make it a surprise....

I thought we tried to eliminate this last year ??? :crying: :nono:

blueoval01
06-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey I have an idea .. Lets keep changing the location of the ****ing meeting every few days right up untill the the day before and then make it a surprise....

I thought we tried to eliminate this last year ??? :crying: :nono: Sorry Doug.
Based on Michaels led and a couple calls to Dukes Original Roadhouse, it's gonna be a freakin' crazy zoo there on Thursday.
And they were unable to give me any kind of seating reservation/confirmation.

Personally, I'd go to Dukes, but can't justify any issues for other members. :bows

Silver_2000
06-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Sorry Doug.
Based on Michaels led and a couple calls to Dukes Original Roadhouse, it's gonna be a freakin' crazy zoo there on Thursday.
And they were unable to give me any kind of seating reservation/confirmation.

Personally, I'd go to Dukes, but can't justify any issues for other members. :bows

Hey its a tough job... Im glad you are in there trying... BUT we need to decide on a location and STICK to it ...

I understand that Dukes gets VERY crazy BUT parking will NEVER be an issue since they just over flow into sams parking lot. BUT that many people would make a meeting difficult...

From here forward unless the building is burnt down or out of business we should lock in the date at LEAST 2 weeks out. After that we live with the decision ...
Just my $0.02

98Cobra
06-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Hey its a tough job... Im glad you are in there trying... BUT we need to decide on a location and STICK to it ...

I understand that Dukes gets VERY crazy BUT parking will NEVER be an issue since they just over flow into sams parking lot. BUT that many people would make a meeting difficult...

From here forward unless the building is burnt down or out of business we should lock in the date at LEAST 2 weeks out. After that we live with the decision ...
Just my $0.02
Not quite true - I have been to Duke's the last couple of Wednesday's, and it seems Sam's is fed up with Duke's taking all their parking, and it is not allowed to park in the main Sam's lot anymore, only along the edge facing Belt Line. Everyone else has to park across the street or elsewhere.

I do agree with you on sticking to a location, but I think it would be very disappointing this time. Maybe we can have a meet there in the Fall?

Crawford
06-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Yes the parking situation has changed. You can park in the white paint spots but not the yellow. That doesnt leave many spots. They now have a guy standing in the lot telling Dukes patrons not to park in the yellow spots. Its a mess. I think the last minute change to BDs is a good idea in this case.

blueoval01
06-29-2004, 03:40 PM

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused: Anyone still confused as to the meeting location this month?
Thursday, July 1, 2004

Bone Daddy's
Dallas, TX 75240

Mark #2
06-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Anyone still confused as to the meeting location this month?
Thursday, July 1, 2004

Bone Daddy's
Dallas, TX 75240
Only those confused would have a monthly meeting anywhere else:D

tliss
07-01-2004, 07:54 AM
It's been a while, but I think I'll actually make this one. And, for those of you that are STILL waiting for your 8x10 group shots, I've got 'em and I'm briging 'em. I know there's still a few to be delivered.

Ahhh, finally back at BoneDaddy's. Badabapapa...I'm lovin' it...or something.:banana:

Tom

99WhiteBeast
07-01-2004, 09:22 AM
It's been a while, but I think I'll actually make this one. And, for those of you that are STILL waiting for your 8x10 group shots, I've got 'em and I'm briging 'em. I know there's still a few to be delivered.

Ahhh, finally back at BoneDaddy's. Badabapapa...I'm lovin' it...or something.:banana:

Tom
Any extra's?

tliss
07-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Any extra's?
I'm not sure if they are all spoken for or not. Doug has all the records, so he should know. I'll take a count of the qty I have versus the names on the list next time I go out the the truck.

Tom

tliss
07-01-2004, 10:00 AM
From the look of it I have 11 8x10s and 11 people on the list as ordering one. Doug may have more, but it looks like the ones I have are all spoken for.

Tom