PDA

View Full Version : Vents stuck on Defrost

SILVER2000SVT
07-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok, I have another weird problem. :hammer:

My Air conditioner is only blowing out my defroster vent no matter which position I have it set on. :confused: The off position is the only setting that does something different and it turns off. I know this is vacuum controlled, and since nothing was working I looked for the main line coming from the motor compartment to see if there was damage, but I can't see any. I could figure this out if I had some clue on how these controls were supposed to work and where everything is located. What little bit of electrical it uses is also on the reverse light fuse according to the owners manual and the reverse lights still work, so it's safe to assume the fuse is still working.

Does anybody know what are some obvious things to check for?

Does anybody have this portion of the manual I could somehow take a look at?

Thanks,

Jason

Silver_2000
07-06-2004, 06:17 PM
check the 2 vacuum Ts on the side of the blower there are like 8 lines that go off in diff directions at least one has to run into the pass compartment for the vacuum..

benyouall
07-06-2004, 06:38 PM
ford as with most cars has a default to defrost.any loss of vac. will cause default.pull top panel from dash and check lines if all have vac.poss. it is door air motor.door motor is only vac.pod.if no vac.to motor bad vac.line if vac.bad motor. ben

SILVER2000SVT
07-06-2004, 07:06 PM
I figured it out!!! Thanks alot guys...

I appears that it came loose when I was testing my door lock relays in the upper dash on Friday. The connection was really buried in there good and I had to look pretty hard just now to find where I broke the connection, but finally found it. I never realized that anything came loose when I was working on it the other day. Oh well, it's all good now.

:banana:

Jason