PDA

View Full Version : Got my second ticket today

PoorSvtman
07-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Last ticket i got in the L was when i had my accident almost a year ago. Tonight few friends and i were going to get some food. Girl that was with me was asking how many tickest ive gotten, etc. Well i decided to get on it a little bit and block my buddy from getting into the turn lane. That failed, i went threw the intersection, friend cut onto a side street and cop hauled a$$ around everyone and got behind me. Went threw the usual mumble jumble crap. He took forever to run my info and crap. But he came back and busted me for no front plate. :throw: Out of all the years of never having a front plate i finaly got nailed. But i was speeding a bit and he didnt have me on radar or anything so he had to nail me with something. :bs

But he was pretty cool about it. He knew a little about Lightnings and kept asking why my exhaust was so loud and if i had cats. We chated for a bit and he was like get that plate on there for the court and im sure you will take it off because it looks better with out it.

:ron:

my2002lightning
07-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Mike,

I feel your pain. :flaming: Sometimes, it just feels like you have a big HUGE bulls-eye on your a$$ driving a Lightning !

I make it a point to not cross the Collin/Denton county line and spend any money over there out of principle alone. :mad: :D

Ronald

fuzzyduck
07-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I think it's called Karma. j/k It could've been much worse though!

cpeapea
07-07-2004, 07:19 PM
a cop pulled me over while i was getting out of my truck to pump gas. we chatted for a while, and he asked me about my new motor and what i had in it, i told him everything, turns out he builds motors too and has a 400sb firebird. he let me go free of charge and said "maybe ill see you out at ennis one weekend"

PoorSvtman
07-07-2004, 07:36 PM
a cop pulled me over while i was getting out of my truck to pump gas. we chatted for a while, and he asked me about my new motor and what i had in it, i told him everything, turns out he builds motors too and has a 400sb firebird. he let me go free of charge and said "maybe ill see you out at ennis one weekend"

That has happened to me before.

But i had this ticket coming tho. This cop is alway around my 'hood and i have sped past him a few times last week after work, but there was no place to bust a u turn to get me. But he was pretty cool.

Mark #2
07-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I've decided it's the exhaust noise that attracts them. I've had two make U-turns and follow me home recently. Got that front plate on so they have had no excuse to light me up.

my2002lightning
07-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Now that you mention it, my U-Turn Copper was on my right-side when I was given the "opportunity" to make a cash donation to Denton county.:hammer:

I've decided it's the exhaust noise that attracts them. I've had two make U-turns and follow me home recently. Got that front plate on so they have had no excuse to light me up.

PoorSvtman
07-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Given my exhaust is pretty darn LOUD. I normaly dont go much over the speed limit. Also when cruising my exhaust is actualy pretty mellow, but soon as i give her gas its loud as crap. But most of the time the arlington cops just look at me and give me a thumbs up or wave.

FRDRCING
07-10-2004, 01:53 PM
What are you running for exhasut now, You did have full bassani but you were talking about swaping it out?

PoorSvtman
07-10-2004, 02:28 PM
What are you running for exhasut now, You did have full bassani but you were talking about swaping it out?

Everything is the same but the mufflers, i still have the xpipe, high flows and shorties. Just changed the mufflers out to some dynomaxx mufflers that realy arent mufflers at all. But exhaust dosent drone in the cab nearly as bad as the bassani mufflers did and thats what i was shooting for, i dont have to turn the radio up to over power the bassanis