PDA

View Full Version : Installed at last

andy_cain
07-23-2002, 03:43 PM
Not only installed...but fully functional as well:banana: :banana: :banana:

saywhen
07-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Sweet!!! Do they light up the same as the other guages. Same color and everything. A buddy of mine got some on his Stang and they were a different color when he turned the lights on.

Dan

andy_cain
07-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Matches factory gauges perfectly.
They have interchangeable color covers for the bulbs.
Red, Green, Blue or none.
I found that the Blue actually matches perfectly.
Nice to be able to see oil pressure, actuall water temp in Farenhiet rather than the dash trick that shows Celcious.
Boost is just an added bonus.:d

Silver_2000
07-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain

Nice to be able to see oil pressure, actuall water temp in Farenhiet rather than the dash trick that shows Celcious.
Boost is just an added bonus.:d \

I was surprised to see that using Autotap the water temp only varies 7 degrees. So as long as the engine is running the variance I see in the guage on the dash is BS... There is no real variance in the temp. 8 degrees is almost nothing..

Doug

TxBolt
07-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Well got mine in the mail today! Boost with recall, Oil Pressure, Water Temp., Air/Fuel mixture. Can't wait to see them babies work. It looks like you got the same boost gauge. Exspesive little devil, but I did get 10% discount!:banana: :banana:

Mark #2
07-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Where are you connenting for the lights?

I just received my boost gage and pod yesterday from Jegs(ordered last friday!) and am going to install tonight.

Moonshine and Crawford, did you remove and/or drill your interior trim piece for wires, vacuum line, and mounting?

Mark

andy_cain
07-24-2002, 12:10 PM
The light wire is spliced into the wire in the back of the positive wire on the light switch itself.
Water sending unit is plugged into the 14 MM allen hole on the bottom of the block next to the oil filter and the oil it tee'd off from the bottom drivers side of the block where the stock sending unit is...this keeps all of my factory dash gauges still operational. :D :D

L8 APEX
07-24-2002, 12:23 PM
I know pulling that block plug made a mess, LOL! The dash dimmed wire is light blue w/ red stripe I think anyway, hehe. It runs all around down there so just tap off of it. Yes you drill four 3/16" holes to mount the pod with and a 1/2" hole in the lower rear under the pod to route tubing and electical through.

andy_cain
07-24-2002, 12:29 PM
Still trying to clean up the mess:hammer:
The oil wasn't too bad, drained it and used the oppertunity to change the oil and filter...Coolant on the other hand was a hassle.
A few beers less and it might have dawned on me that it would have been better to wait at least untill the motor cooled off before trying to pull the 14MM and swap with the sending unit at light speed with 180 degree coolant cooking the ole' hands...too much beer to think, not enough to stop the pain:twitch:

Crawford
07-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Mark,
Yes drill a hole
Crawford.

Mark #2
07-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Thanks to all,
Mark

blueoval01
07-24-2002, 05:37 PM
OK, I have a question about gauges.
Would it have not been easier to tie into the existing gauge wires behind the dash, so as not have to go through the firewall?

Keep the stock gauges active just for the shear fact that it would be easier to remove the Pod?

Am I way off base here? :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
07-24-2002, 11:54 PM
The gauge pak is fed puleses to drive the stepper motors. The boost gauge is mechanical, and the other run off resistive analog inputs. The oil may be mechanical as well.. Good idea though:tu: