PDA

View Full Version : Power Opinions

Razor
07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
option B

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightning.htm

What you guys think? I have 2 worthless JDM chips...looking at option B.

Thanks ,

Chris;)

BC Lightning
07-12-2004, 08:36 PM
That is the kit I was running on my 02 L. I have mixed feelings on the programmer because I had heard of too aggressive tunes from diablo sport. I too want to know if anyone has info because i was going to run it on my 04 L.

Razor
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
I have read that going "Custom" is the way to go..and that on a 00, program 4 i think, 90maf and puley program is good. I JUST cant stand the stock program...what a SLUG! So I take your reply as a negative??:confused:

Silver_2000
07-12-2004, 08:50 PM
LOTS and LOTS of nightmare stories about rpmoutlet - I would stay away - do a quick search on f150online for rpm outlet

I would also stay away from the diablo tuner - thier stock lightning tunes are VERY agressive - like BANG agressive

StormShadow
07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
I have read that going "Custom" is the way to go..and that on a 00, program 4 i think, 90maf and puley program is good. I JUST cant stand the stock program...what a SLUG! So I take your reply as a negative??:confused:
What are you trying to get your truck to do?

Razor
07-12-2004, 08:56 PM
I just want some power back, but with a 4lber and a chip/tune that doesn't beat the chit out of my pistons.:cool:

Silver....quote is NOTED! thx

StormShadow
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
This guy says he has a 4lber and a chip for sale. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5796

Razor
07-12-2004, 09:08 PM
I will just go NEW with Terri. Like I said I have 2 JDM chips, 1 is dead and 1 detonates....I pm'ed on the pulley tho.

Silver_2000
07-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Here is post form today

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162313

03LightningRocks
07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
I will just go NEW with Terri. Like I said I have 2 JDM chips, 1 is dead and 1 detonates....I pm'ed on the pulley tho.

Terri can get those chips reburned for you. I would not buy squawt from RPM. The post Doug pointed ya to, is just one of many I have read just like it.

If you want a predator....I will sell you mine for 250 bucks...but your going to need to get it tuned for your truck.

I like the SCT programmer.....mine works great. You don't want to know who tuned my truck most recently, and gave me 2 tenths lower E.T., on less timing and more fuel. Terry can fix you up with a tune from the same guy:D .

Rocks

SpeedyBolt
07-13-2004, 04:58 PM
I am a newby to the lightning community and just recently bought a 4lb pulley off of e-bay, what chip/programmer should I buy?

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 06:02 PM
I am a newby to the lightning community and just recently bought a 4lb pulley off of e-bay, what chip/programmer should I buy?

First........WELCOME NUEB.....:d .

Now to your question...........I would go Superchips, either way. They have a SCT programer and a chip.....single, 4 way.....or 2 way.

See Terry(L8Apex)....he can tighten ya up.

Rocks:beer:

Razor
07-13-2004, 07:31 PM
I Got Your Nueb! Terri says he needs a dyno to tune.

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I Got Your Nueb! Terri says he needs a dyno to tune.

You can use the dyno at speedworks in Lewisville. They will let you rent it by the hour on week days. I have done it several times. Let me know if you two girls want to do this and i will call a fellow over there and see if he'll cut you a decent price. Look to spend about 100-150 an hour for the dyno. It may sound like alot, but if you want it tuned right....dyno tune is the ONLY FRICKING WAY!!!!

Terry can also get you a mail order tune....unless he has pissed off his connection....LOL....J/K.

Rocks:tu:

ken cryder
07-13-2004, 09:20 PM
You can use the dyno at speedworks in Lewisville. They will let you rent it by the hour on week days. I have done it several times. Let me know if you two girls want to do this and i will call a fellow over there and see if he'll cut you a decent price. Look to spend about 100-150 an hour for the dyno. It may sound like alot, but if you want it tuned right....dyno tune is the ONLY FRICKING WAY!!!!

Terry can also get you a mail order tune....unless he has pissed off his connection....LOL....J/K.

ron a new place just opened in keller that you can rent the dyno for $300 for a day , if i could get a few people to split the cost i would see about renting it .

ken

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 09:35 PM
ron a new place just opened in keller that you can rent the dyno for $300 for a day , if i could get a few people to split the cost i would see about renting it .

ken

I bet you can ge some nibbles on that. Hopefully Terry sees this thread. He could rent it for the day and get 5 or 6 tunes set up.

ken cryder
07-13-2004, 10:00 PM
by the way ron when am i going to see you again so i can get you the 10 bucks i owe you. will you be able to make any of the tmccc events this year?

ken

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 10:47 PM
by the way ron when am i going to see you again so i can get you the 10 bucks i owe you. will you be able to make any of the tmccc events this year?

ken
I had forgotten about the 10 bucks.....

The plan is to hit the last couple of the season....FFW will be over in September... at least for me. I don't plan to hit Cali or Arizona. No points in those two and too darn much traveling already.

I will be looking forward to seeing you.

Take it easy,

Ron:beer:

SpeedyBolt
07-14-2004, 09:08 AM
I am deffinitly in on the dyno run just let me know when and where. I want to get this thing running fast very quickly!!! I dynoed my Trans Am at a dyno in arlington, Red Line maybe, and it only cost me fourty dollars but we had a bunch of guys there!!!

BC Lightning
07-15-2004, 07:30 AM
ken

i will definately throw in some money to rent the dyno, just let me know

Razor
07-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Terry still awaits software. But soon....

SpeedyBolt
07-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Well guys, I just bought me a custom burnt chip(DiabloSport) and a 4lb pulley. I am ready for the dyno!!!!!