Sixpipes
07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Need to make my reservations. Everyone staying at the Holiday Inn? :cool:

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61143

tliss
07-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Need to make my reservations. Everyone staying at the Holiday Inn? :cool:

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61143
I think so. That's where a bunch of us are staying.

Tom

98Cobra
07-13-2004, 03:13 PM
OK, who all is staying where?

Sixpipes
07-13-2004, 03:37 PM
I've got two rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn. Having stayed across town from the host hotel location last year, I would highly recommend staying at the host location for those that have not attended before. :cool:

tliss
07-13-2004, 03:44 PM
I think the Holiday Inn is where all the happenin' dudes will be staying. Plus, it's the hotel where we'll have "special parking arrangements," like at the Capitol Plaza last year.

Tom

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 07:13 PM
I just reserved my room there. Funny thing happened...I just reserved on my own instead of using the group..."discount". The room was 59 bucks a night..instead of the 79.

Rocks:beer:

Band
07-13-2004, 07:24 PM
how many nights?

Thursday and friday? what about saturday?

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 07:51 PM
All three.................I have found the group focking technique used before. Nothing personal...but it's cheaper to act like I don't know anyone...LOL:d

Crawford
07-13-2004, 07:59 PM
You old guys might not want to get a room near Tom, Garett, and myself. There is a chance we might be up late getting completely wasted. FYI http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/devil.gif

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 08:48 PM
No problem Crawford.....................I'll just call the cops on you:eek: .

TP Derrick D
07-13-2004, 10:55 PM
You old guys might not want to get a room near Tom, Garett, and myself. There is a chance we might be up late getting completely wasted. FYI http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/devil.gif

Me and my bro-in law BJ ,still having sleepless nights flashing back to last year when we were in the room next to you 3. :beer:

L8 APEX
07-13-2004, 11:12 PM
I remember something about a farting contest in that room, I think Tom won:eek: . I am stocking up great reserves of Crown for this weekend:beer: .

98Cobra
07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
http://www.hachisan.com/wasted.jpg

Hopefully nothing THAT serious. :D

So we are tearing it up again eh, the three of us? Woot!

G

tliss
07-14-2004, 05:59 AM
I remember something about a farting contest in that room, I think Tom won:eek: . I am stocking up great reserves of Crown for this weekend:beer: .
That's an urban legend, some believe it happened, but nobody can prove anything:nono:

Tom

Crawford
07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
I also remember Garett winning the snoring contest. Hopefully we wont be having that one again. Right??? http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif

L8 APEX
07-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I just reserved my room there. Funny thing happened...I just reserved on my own instead of using the group..."discount". The room was 59 bucks a night..instead of the 79.

Rocks:beer:You must have used your AARP discount. I just called and regular rates were 75 bucks and group was 70.

98Cobra
07-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I also remember Garett winning the snoring contest. Hopefully we wont be having that one again. Right??? http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
I don't know what you are talking about. :confused:

:tongue:

Mark #2
07-14-2004, 01:28 PM
I also remember Garett winning the snoring contest at another place we stayed.:)

Count me in.
Mark

Mark #2
07-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I've got two rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn. Having stayed across town from the host hotel location last year, I would highly recommend staying at the host location for those that have not attended before. :cool:
Sixpipes,
Are you using both rooms? I so, I will reserve an additional one.
Mark

Mark #2
07-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey,
Be careful who you're calling old. Some of the more experienced guys might be able to hang for a beer or two.:beer:

03LightningRocks
07-14-2004, 02:26 PM
You must have used your AARP discount. I just called and regular rates were 75 bucks and group was 70.

You have to register online to get the 59 buck a night rate....Goofball. It is funny that you where quoted 70 a night instead of the 79 quoted on the NLOC thread.

The 59 a night rate is for advance registration.

Go online and it's yours.

Rocks

Crawford
07-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Mark,

You have hung in there with the best of us and beyond. When Justin and his croc wrestling buddy were sucking thumbs we were still pounding beers after 3am. That my friends is dedication.

Sixpipes
07-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Sixpipes,
Are you using both rooms? I so, I will reserve an additional one.
Mark
Right now I have two rooms reserved for Flats Man & guest(s) and Sixpipes and guest(s). Rooms are king non-smoking with queen sofa bed. No 2-bed rooms were available. I don't have any confirmations on a guest for my room yet, but I do have one pending. :cool:

03LightningRocks
07-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Right now I have two rooms reserved for Flats Man & guest(s) and Sixpipes and guest(s). Rooms are king non-smoking with queen sofa bed. No 2-bed rooms were available. I don't have any confirmations on a guest for my room yet, but I do have one pending. :cool:

You fellows are starting to scare me:eek: . I have checked my hotel 3 times and it is the same one Dennis posted the link to. They had about a half dozen rooms with two beds last night. I reserved one of them for 3 days....Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Rocks:confused:

Mark #2
07-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Sixpipes,
I bailed on you last year, I'm good for it this time if you want, let me know.
Mark

L8 APEX
07-15-2004, 12:53 AM
You are right Rocks, the "block of rooms" reserved for L Fest is 70 bucks and doubles are out only a few kings left. However the rest of the hotel is available some at lesser rates.

03LightningRocks
07-15-2004, 10:57 PM
You are right Rocks, the "block of rooms" reserved for L Fest is 70 bucks and doubles are out only a few kings left. However the rest of the hotel is available some at lesser rates.

I hate to sound like a cheap arse....but if it saves me 20 bucks a night.......I'll sleep on a different floor....LOL.

At least I know the scoop now.

sonicbluetommy
07-27-2004, 08:37 PM
I am booked and in!!!!!!!1 :banana:

tliss
07-27-2004, 08:51 PM
I am booked and in!!!!!!!1 :banana:
Are you up for the convoy as well?

Tom

sonicbluetommy
07-27-2004, 08:53 PM
LOL I was just posting on that thread as you put this on here. And hell yes, that will be half the fun. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BigD
07-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Hello to all,

Nan checked today and here is the "poop" on the room rates. The Holiday Inn added the rooms to their internet reservations at $59/night during the event. The rates we have for the event is $70/night, not $79. If you book on line at the $59 rate, your CC is charged when you book and there is a cancellation fee. If you book at the event rate, your CC is not charged until you check out and there is no fee for cancelling your reservation.....so go for it....it's your call!:banana:

...Dwight...

03LightningRocks
07-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Hello to all,

Nan checked today and here is the "poop" on the room rates. The Holiday Inn added the rooms to their internet reservations at $59/night during the event. The rates we have for the event is $70/night, not $79. If you book on line at the $59 rate, your CC is charged when you book and there is a cancellation fee. If you book at the event rate, your CC is not charged until you check out and there is no fee for cancelling your reservation.....so go for it....it's your call!:banana:

...Dwight...

Thanks for the info Dwight. I actually got the better rate more by accident than design. Since I stay at alot of Hotels, I have an account I book my rooms through. So when I saw it was Holiday Inn...I clicked best available rate on my account...

:ron: I have seen this happen before. We had a family reunion a few years back in Kentucky. Somewhere near 35 of us. I ended up with two rooms for half the price of the pre-arranged price, by not mentioning the reunion discount. You should have seen the stink that caused...LOL.:ron:

I am also thinking that the lower rate may put me away from the main group, which may be a good thing if Tom and company decide to party all night every night:D , I have to have my beauty sleep......LOL.

Aggie Mom
07-28-2004, 01:30 AM
I booked a King single for 3 nights at $68 a night. I used my company corporate rate. I probably won't be with the main group, I need my beauty sleep too. :D I'll probably drive up after school Wed. night and meet you all on Thursday.

r1eater
07-28-2004, 06:42 AM
:D I'll probably drive up after school Wed. night and meet you all on Thursday.

ah come on you can make it. What time are you leaving Wed night. I'm leaving WEd too so I can leave with these knuckleheads THursday, maybe we can drive up together. I've got the V1 and laser blinders :beer: knana :banana: :evil :twitch:

tliss
07-28-2004, 08:25 AM
I probably won't be with the main group, I need my beauty sleep too. :D
You think you're going to get any sleep on this trip? You are sadly mistaken. Partying, staying up really late, and drinking until you have to puke out of the hotel window are all mandatory on this trip! No exceptions :nono: .

You can come up Wednesday night and stay with Mikey for the night, then join the convoy in the morning!

Tom

Aggie Mom
07-28-2004, 09:30 AM
I get out of school at 10:00 pm Wed night, which means I will get to Dallas around 2:30 am. But, I'll be there to join the convoy Thursday morning. Just tell me where I need to be.

tliss
07-28-2004, 10:07 AM
I get out of school at 10:00 pm Wed night, which means I will get to Dallas around 2:30 am. But, I'll be there to join the convoy Thursday morning. Just tell me where I need to be.
Keep tuned into this thread...all details will be posted here.

Tom

Sixpipes
08-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Sixpipes,
I bailed on you last year, I'm good for it this time if you want, let me know.
Mark
Looks like you can have the other bed if you want. The guy I was holding it for has a conflict with the Lightningfest date. :cool:

Mark #2
08-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Looks like you can have the other bed if you want. The guy I was holding it for has a conflict with the Lightningfest date. :cool:
Okay, thanks, I'm going but I'm not sure if I will race this year.
Mark