PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tech Monster Box!

TxBolt
07-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Well it made it to East Texas. It had been setting on a dock in Sherveport LA for a week and a half. Well dummy me thought Gregg was still on vacation.:hammer: Anyway I can't put that baby in because My truck is on blocks getting my rims chromed, and a fella needs to be safe installing that rascal. I will take some pics on the install and tell you how much beer it took.:tu: Whats real funny is replacing a tranny that has 17,000 miles on it. And better then that is replacing a block and heads with no miles. If I want to live in the fast lane up grades must be made.:burnout:
Tim

L8 APEX
07-25-2002, 11:07 PM
There is no way I would flat back that monster! I did mine at 10K miles and rebuilt it 3 times in one month to get the right parts in it after Level10 fudged the parts in my kit!:mad: They told me I had an 02 trans in my 01:bs Truth is the 02 did not have that part in it either and I have the Ford TSB in my hand describing the failure and parts fix:rolleyes: My advice is watch the O2 connectors coming down and back up. The pass side is the worst you have to hold the exhaust a few inches down and reach it with a screwdriver or such. No human hand will fit up there... Guide the trans fill tube in during install. Hope that helps!

TxBolt
07-26-2002, 08:35 PM
Thanks sounds like it will be fun! I remember what you went through, mine just begun.

J.D. Blackwell
07-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 380hp
Whats real funny is replacing a tranny that has 17,000 miles on it. And better then that is replacing a block and heads with no miles. If I want to live in the fast lane up grades must be made.:burnout:
Tim

Tim It really ain't funny.;) J/K I have 17K on mine too. So far I have lost count on how much money I have spent. I just spent gobs of money in the past month.....and it is still not running yet.

255lph pumps $308
BR7 plugs (2 sets) $ 40
50# injectors $500
JL 10# lower est. $300
'02 Tail lights $150
Cervini's cowl $375
Stock Eaton $???

Hey...it is only money.:(

TxBolt
07-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Whats the #50 injectors? Stock is 42, correct. Are you going to see a differance on those injectors? I don't know anything about them.;)

J.D. Blackwell
07-28-2002, 10:49 PM
The stock 42#'s are good for around 525rwhp for a blower/turbo application. When you push injectors to the limit (80psi. of fuel pressure) then they start to go static and then you will have problems. So I am going to go ahead and install 50# injectors to be on the safe side + I am expecting more then 525rwhp out of my truck anyways. The 50# injectors will be good for around 600-625rwhp.