PDA

View Full Version : Newest Truck Trend Magazine

r1eater
07-18-2004, 12:00 PM
So I'm at the book store and see that they have a Lightning vs SRT-10 shootout on the cover. I read through it and they gave the SRT-10 the fastest sport truck title. They did not that the Dodge just barely edged out the L in the 1/4 and that the Dodge had absolutely no towing capacity. Having said that, how can they give the title the Dodge?!?! They also said that they thought the new L might have the new Shelby V10 in it, producing over 500hp and 500TQ. Either way I figure if you are not really a truck, just a big engine in a truck body, you shouldn't be considered the fastest truck.

Sandman
07-18-2004, 01:22 PM
It's alright. There's gonna be some pissed Dodge SRT10 owners when they spend that much money on the truck and then get beat down by the L. That'll teach'em to read those biased magazines!

tliss
07-18-2004, 02:48 PM
It's alright. There's gonna be some pissed Dodge SRT10 owners when they spend that much money on the truck and then get beat down by the L. That'll teach'em to read those biased magazines!
There are all ready plenty of them out there getting beat down by Lightnings...and guys from this club have personnally taken down a few. They are getting the titel of fastest sport truck because of the top speed record and the 500/500 versus 380/450. I guess the mags can't fathom how 500/500 isn't gobs faster than 380/450.

Bottom line, it is not king of the hill by no means.

Tom

ThunderBolt
07-18-2004, 03:20 PM
:beer:

TP Derrick D
07-18-2004, 06:00 PM
There are all ready plenty of them out there getting beat down by Lightnings...and guys from this club have personnally taken down a few. They are getting the titel of fastest sport truck because of the top speed record and the 500/500 versus 380/450. I guess the mags can't fathom how 500/500 isn't gobs faster than 380/450.

Bottom line, it is not king of the hill by no means.

Tom
There was some posts over on powerblockTV.com link to "Trucks" you guys may want to read if haven't done so already. By the way Tom ,since you the brain of this operation, I was trying to e-mail Stacey David, host of Trucks to try and convince him to do a segment @ L fest this year. Question is do you know if Dwight over on NLOC is trying to get them there or maybe its already in the works. I'm not in NLOC so I don't have that info. So how 'bout it some of you other smart guys... :bows ,Ronald,Dennis ,Doug,Rob are/can we get the ball rolling on this or you think its reaching and out of the question? If its possible lets make it happen but remember you heard it here first knana

tliss
07-18-2004, 06:57 PM
There was some posts over on powerblockTV.com link to "Trucks" you guys may want to read if haven't done so already. By the way Tom ,since you the brain of this operation, I was trying to e-mail Stacey David, host of Trucks to try and convince him to do a segment @ L fest this year. Question is do you know if Dwight over on NLOC is trying to get them there or maybe its already in the works. I'm not in NLOC so I don't have that info. So how 'bout it some of you other smart guys... :bows ,Ronald,Dennis ,Doug,Rob are/can we get the ball rolling on this or you think its reaching and out of the question? If its possible lets make it happen but remember you heard it here first knana
Derrick, you have got to be the brains of the outfit around here! That is good thinking.

I posted it up on the NLOC board, so we'll see what comes back, and gave credit where credit is due: http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74750

Tom

PoorSvtman
07-18-2004, 07:50 PM
So I'm at the book store and see that they have a Lightning vs SRT-10 shootout on the cover. I read through it and they gave the SRT-10 the fastest sport truck title. They did not that the Dodge just barely edged out the L in the 1/4 and that the Dodge had absolutely no towing capacity. Having said that, how can they give the title the Dodge?!?! They also said that they thought the new L might have the new Shelby V10 in it, producing over 500hp and 500TQ. Either way I figure if you are not really a truck, just a big engine in a truck body, you shouldn't be considered the fastest truck.

Funny how the same pics are the same and the story is almost the same in i think last months hot rod magazine