PDA

View Full Version : Truckin mag says '03 runs 14.68 1/4 mile @ 93mph?????

sonicbluetommy
07-21-2004, 12:07 AM
I was flipping through a copy of Truckin magazine looking for some body mods and noticed inside the back cover they listed all of their new vehicle tests for the last 2 years. They had an 03L at 14.68@94mph and the 04 SRT10 at 14.08@97mph.

What a load of :Bullshit , both of my mustangs ran low 14's and neither one of them could even come close to touching the L. And I know from on here that most of you guys in stock form have been able to pull high 13's.

Another example of corporate america buying someone off just to sell a few of some big piece of crap you can't even haul a fridge in.

99WhiteBeast
07-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Or it may be they're idoits and don't know how to launch- any stock L should be in the high to mid 13's stock in decent weather.

Of course you get a freak like Sayle's every now and then that goes low 13's stock

SILVER2000SVT
07-21-2004, 01:04 PM
I know that Car and Driver posts the performance ratings as they come from the manufacturer, and if Truckin is anything like them you may be seeing the same thing. Wasn't Fords specification around 14.5 1/4 mile for the Lightning. I don't know if that's for insurance purposes or what I just know the official number by Ford is much slower than what we actually see. I believe it's even in the SVT supplement with the owners manual.

BC Lightning
07-22-2004, 09:40 AM
In the August issue of Hot Rod Magazine there was an article talking about the s**tRT-10 and the L.They said they ran the SRT-10 to an altitude corrected 13.44 at 104mph compared to the L's 14.10 at 98mph (????) They later say that the L can be made significantly stronger with a pulley upgrade. I still don't know where they are getting a 14 in a L??

TreeFiddy
07-22-2004, 07:34 PM
If the Dodge is rated by all the magazines to be faster, and you can actually beat it, isn't that a good thing? I'd rather have an underrated car (or truck) than an overrated one.

sonicbluetommy
07-22-2004, 10:18 PM
The only problem with that is 90% of the ppl reading these mags will never see the 2 race or sit in either one, let alone drive one. So they form their opinions based on what they read. I have already had one "discussion" with a guy about it, and he didn't have any experience with either truck.

Should have known better than to even discuss it with him when I found out he was a ricer :throw: .

Guess we will just have to go around "proving" ourselves :D.