PDA

View Full Version : Some bastard tried to steal my wheels last night >>>

wesman
07-26-2002, 10:31 AM
Got up this morning and took the dogs out. Just generally BSin with them outside and noticed something shining in the front yard. It turned out to be one of my lugnuts. I looked at my front pass side wheel and noticed three of the lugs off and noticed the other's were loosened.

I checked all the other lugs and they were all pretty much loose as well. I think it's time to go get the gorilla locks.....I meant to get them at the same time I mounted the wheels but they didn't have them in stock. I of course didn't really think about it after that.

I think I'll sit in the garage with the gun and await some unknowing would be thief.....gonna be quite a surprise for them as they are trying to loosen a lug nut and they have a 9mm stuck to their temple......grrrrrr I hate thieves :hammer:

I guess this is the downside of the bling bling 20's :cool:

--wes

L8 APEX
07-26-2002, 10:59 AM
I can probably get the stock locks for you today if you want? Or do your replicas take acorns? Call me if you want:tu:

wesman
07-26-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I can probably get the stock locks for you today if you want? Or do your replicas take acorns? Call me if you want:tu:

Acorns :(

Thanks for the offer though....heading to Discount tire now....right after I tighten all my lugs back down :mad:

--wes

andy_cain
07-26-2002, 11:24 AM
I sure thought those rims would look nice on my black L...got them all loose with my trusted socket set and then it dawned on me that I had forgotten the damn jack...LOL
Just Kiddin" :banana: :banana: :banana:
I would opt for the sound of a 12 gauge racking the slide...you wouldn't have to shoot, they would soil their shorts:D

wesman
07-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain
I sure thought those rims would look nice on my black L...got them all loose with my trusted socket set and then it dawned on me that I had forgotten the damn jack...LOL
Just Kiddin" :banana: :banana: :banana:
I would opt for the sound of a 12 gauge racking the slide...you wouldn't have to shoot, they would soil their shorts:D

lol...damn, I don't like shootin people I know...btu sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do....lmao.

Seriously it seems exactly what you described....they took all the lugs loose and must have forgotten their jack.....probably some dumb ass kids. They would have been in for a rude awakening when they tried to lift thaose bad boys....there akward and weigh about 75-80lbs(guesstimate...the rims alone weighed 48 each) :)

--wes

George G.
07-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Or maybe they weren't trying to snatch the wheels. Maybe they just wanted to loosen the lugs so they come off while cruising down the highway!

blueoval01
07-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Hang a set of these from your rear bumper with a sign that says .... " these came from the last SOB that F**ked with my wheels"

Truck Nuts (http://www.truck-nuts.com/)

wesman
07-26-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by stang_460
Or maybe they weren't trying to snatch the wheels. Maybe they just wanted to loosen the lugs so they come off while cruising down the highway!

Perhaps....but why take a few of them off?

I've learned from the military days...PMCS's are important...it sucked doing it down in the motorpool in 110 degree Ft Hood heat, especially when the truck never moves but it has come in handy in the free life :)

L8 APEX
07-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Did the chrome or paint pick up any prints? I bet they'll be back! If you have 14mm studs I would go to 150ft lbs so they will have he11 getting the locks of with hammered on sockets.