PDA

View Full Version : I took her to the track last night!!!!!

SpeedyBolt
07-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Well guy's I took the truck to kennedale last night and managed a 8.37 @ 84.60 with just a little :burnout: on street tires. Is this a pretty respectable time? Also I had a unusuall hesetation when the truck shifted from 1st to 2nd. Does this happen to anybody else?

StormShadow
07-23-2004, 12:03 PM
I would say thats a respectable time for street tires, especially in this heat. The more power you have the harder it is to race on street tires. What all do you have done to your truck?

SpeedyBolt
07-23-2004, 12:05 PM
4# pulley, Diablo chip, Mac catback, C&L cold air kit.

StormShadow
07-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Yea that sounds about right. Get you some traction bars and slicks and you'll hit 8.2's
BTW what were your 60ft's?

SpeedyBolt
07-23-2004, 02:39 PM
1.914 on that run, every run after that was a burn out!!!!!!!
I have some drag radials from my Trans-Am that fit on the spare-tire of my truck that I think I am going to try out next week!(my wife also has a f150 so I will use hers' too) They are also a little shorter so that should give me a little more gear.I want 7.99999999's LOL

ken cryder
07-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Well guy's I took the truck to kennedale last night and managed a 8.37 @ 84.60 with just a little :burnout: on street tires. Is this a pretty respectable time? Also I had a unusuall hesetation when the truck shifted from 1st to 2nd. Does this happen to anybody else?
how much gas did you have in your tank? did you raise your line preasure when you had the chip burned? (it shifts harder if you did) and it cost you power.

ken

cpeapea
07-23-2004, 05:39 PM
harder shifts cost power?!

SpeedyBolt
07-23-2004, 05:52 PM
I don't know what they did when they programmed the chip but it does shift a ton harder!!!I had around 1/4 tank

PoorSvtman
07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Nice numbers in the heat! I ran a 8.4 with a 2lber, chip, FTvalve body, shortie headers, high flow cats, and bassani mufflers....

But now with the 6lber i cant hook up for crap.....But i might go to kennedale sundays anyways.... :burnout:

03LightningRocks
07-23-2004, 08:35 PM
harder shifts cost power?!

I have the same question. I did not know about this. Ken, can you help us out here. Inquiring minds want to know.

Rocks:confused:

ken cryder
07-24-2004, 02:37 AM
I have the same question. I did not know about this. Ken, can you help us out here. Inquiring minds want to know.

Rocks:confused:

it's not the harder shifts persay but how you achieve it . if you do it electronicly with line pressure then you are taking power away from the engine and front pump to achieve the harder shifts . if done mechanicly in the valve body its self and in the program (bigger holes springs ectra. in the valve body you don't lose power. thats how i understand it . but i'm sure we have more qulified people on the board that could tell us if i'm right or just getting old.:D from what i have sen too much pressure on the mod valves can slam them shut and eventualy stick open or closed , it also can put aditional stress on the seat from the plunger hitting it to hard . thats why i run a stainless steel self cleaning valves in my valve body . also if you use a high volume front pump and upgrade the valve in it you can achieve the firmer shifts with out sacrificing power.

i'm not an expert . if i were then i would be building them for a living just things i have seen done .

ken:ron:

03LightningRocks
07-24-2004, 10:19 PM
it's not the harder shifts persay but how you achieve it . if you do it electronicly with line pressure then you are taking power away from the engine and front pump to achieve the harder shifts . if done mechanicly in the valve body its self and in the program (bigger holes springs ectra. in the valve body you don't lose power. thats how i understand it . but i'm sure we have more qulified people on the board that could tell us if i'm right or just getting old.:D from what i have sen too much pressure on the mod valves can slam them shut and eventualy stick open or closed , it also can put aditional stress on the seat from the plunger hitting it to hard . thats why i run a stainless steel self cleaning valves in my valve body . also if you use a high volume front pump and upgrade the valve in it you can achieve the firmer shifts with out sacrificing power.

i'm not an expert . if i were then i would be building them for a living just things i have seen done .

ken:ron:

Thanks for the info Ken, and your post was far from being :ron: . For it to qualify as :ron: , you would have needed to tell us all about a 1969 Volkswagon beatle that an X girlfriend of yours drove with a broken rear axle.

Rocks:D

WA 2 FST
07-24-2004, 10:21 PM
You guys are harsh.

BTW, nice seeing you again the other day Rocks.

03LightningRocks
07-24-2004, 10:44 PM
You guys are harsh.

BTW, nice seeing you again the other day Rocks.
It was good seeing you again also.

It is truly a small world Wes. It took me a few minutes the other day, to remember meeting you at Hallsville. I just had to make the mental connection between you and that pretty vet.

Rocks:beer:

my2002lightning
07-24-2004, 10:44 PM
I wish I had a $.05 every time I saw the :ron: smiley "used and abused" around here ...

Ronald:D

Thanks for the info Ken, and your post was far from being :ron: . For it to qualify as :ron: , you would have needed to tell us all about a 1969 Volkswagon beatle that an X girlfriend of yours drove with a broken rear axle.

Rocks:D

03LightningRocks
07-24-2004, 11:23 PM
I wish I had a $.05 every time I saw the :ron: smiley "used and abused" around here ...

Ronald:D

Don't worry Ronald....I got your back:cool: .

my2002lightning
07-25-2004, 01:24 AM
I was afraid of that. :crying: :D

Don't worry Ronald....I got your back:cool: .

ken cryder
07-25-2004, 11:24 AM
i just had to use it .:vomit:

ken