PDA

View Full Version : M-20 Blinders inbound

L8 APEX
07-23-2004, 11:51 PM
I ordered 3 more systems and one os spoken for. So if you are tired of LIDAR tickets pay up:tu: . Speed Labs is about to release a new report on testign the M-20. Called something like 90 for 90 or such because the M-20 jammed all 90 test runs with the top 4-5 laser guns in service.

Logan
07-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Terry. I asked a while ago, But I want an extra head for my M20... Get you get me JUST an extra head?

my2002lightning
07-24-2004, 11:22 AM
I need that and a V1 in the worst way. :mad:

I've been researching the M20 and M40 and notice the M40 has two more transceivers.

I suppose the other transceivers block/detect more of the laser spectrum?

dboat
07-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I thought the two extras were for the back end of the vehicle as there are two for the front.. you dont get hit from behind with laser too often. So you dont need the extras..
Dana

Logan
07-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Yes, the only difference is the number of heads... For the record, the Flower Mound PD loves bangin' people from behind with Lidar. You'll head north bound on a street, he'll be sitting on a side street completely hidden by a fence, you'll pass and he'll light up your rear end and give chase.

Sneaky bastages. Fortunately for me, both times it happened to me, I was actually being a reasonable driver... :)

LonghornLightning
07-24-2004, 04:56 PM
I went to Houston on wednesday and I was coming back at 1am. I was about 5-10 miles south of dallas on I-45, coming through the ghetto and this semi was flashing all of his running lights as I passed him doing 75 in the 60....and all of the semis....a line of about 10 were in the right lane doing 60. Ok i'm not stupid, I know what this means, so I jump over in line, and he flashes his lights into my cab..so I'm thinking there has to be a cop. We go for 10 minutes, nothing, so I pull out and start doing 70 then come over "the hill"...there's a giant hill just south of dallas with a big hill on one side of it where people always park their cars and stuff, I dunno i've seen it so many times..but right as I come over the hill "deee do deee doo de dooo"..Lidar. The cop was in the median and got me doing 70 in the 60, and didn't pull me over. :banana:

L8 APEX
07-26-2004, 12:54 AM
I could have ordered it last week, lets see if I can get a few more interested. They now recommend 3 heads up front for heavy urban enforcement. He said they were seeing some tickets from 240yds or closer and the beam is 9" or smaller and not hitting a Blinder head. The blinder heads are spaced about 18" or better with only two heads up front. The M-40 is a 4 head system two front two rear. DSO was shooting lidar at me on I-20 westbound under Spur 408 tonight about 12:15am.

Silver_2000
07-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Was listening to Legal show on the radio that was saying that few if any jurisdictions have experts willling to testify in the accuracy of the Laser - It apparently hasnt been tested and its accuracy proven to the extent of radar.

http://www.dallasattorney.com/

Interesting info on new laws

http://www.dallasattorney.com/newlaws.asp