PDA

View Full Version : Brisk Plugs

StormShadow
07-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Has anyone seen this thread on NLOC http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75137&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

They claim to have gained 32 rwhp and over 40rwtrq with just a plug change. Wonder if this will work with the direct hits ignition system.:rolleyes:

dboat
07-25-2004, 05:41 AM
If you read the entire thread and go to the site, there is a lot of hype there. But, who knows? Maybe there is something to it.. I would prefer to see someone dyno after the plug change, then, change in new Denso's or whatevers, and dyno again to see those numbers. The test has to be somewhat scientific and comparing any used plug to a new one just isnt that kind of a test. You have to test new plug to new plug. IMHO.

But its worth keeping an eye on, thats for sure.
Dana

03'svtlight
07-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Has anyone seen this thread on NLOC http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75137&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

They claim to have gained 32 rwhp and over 40rwtrq with just a plug change. Wonder if this will work with the direct hits ignition system.:rolleyes:
I'm gonna have to slap ya' around abit just for even thinking about that direct hits ig.system. Based on all I went through with it, you know its trash. :bs :nono: As far as a plug MAKING hp, I think its pure hype. The only thing that separates spark plugs is its ability to stay lit .It may be a 5-10hp swing from worst to best but should be about it.

tliss
07-25-2004, 10:33 AM
I think it's all smoke and mirrors and snake oil. Maybe they made that horsepower with the plugs + the plasma booster, cuz we know that thing works :rll: !

Tom

03LightningRocks
07-25-2004, 07:15 PM
If they are claiming tha much gain from their plugs.........I have to wave the flag......:bs

dboat
07-25-2004, 09:05 PM
True Rocks

but if it was even 10 hp and 10 tq.. it'd be worth it wouldnt it?
Dana

03LightningRocks
07-26-2004, 12:00 AM
True Rocks

but if it was even 10 hp and 10 tq.. it'd be worth it wouldnt it?
Dana
Yes it might.......but the fact is, our coil on plug system is so darned effecient.......it is darn near impossible to better it.

We are not having issues with complete combustion...as long as we are choosing and gapping our plugs properely.

I don't believe you would gain 2 H.P. with this mod. I believe it is another B.S. Plasma Booster type scam.

Rocks:tu:

cpeapea
07-26-2004, 10:54 AM
well i dont know anything about the Brisk plugs, but i have heard great gains from the russian nitrous catalyst plugs. i had a friend tell me they gained significant torque and hp numbers on the dyno with nitrous but lost some N/A hp. and that they only last about 500km

Silver_2000
07-26-2004, 10:57 AM
As far as Im concerned - If you are running a good plug that is in good shape - gapped right and in the right heat range for your application - THer should be NO WAY that a diff plug will gain you any more than a few % ... UNLESS That plug is significantly hotter or colder than what you are running