PDA

View Full Version : What NOT to do on the way to LightningFest

98Cobra
07-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Dumbasses. :rll:

http://boston.mirror-image.com/newsvideo/softwin/template.html?OAS_pos=SPONSOR2&middle=072104_vws_worcester.wmv

(You can't right click and save this one, you will have to watch it streamed.)

Link fixed

Silver_2000
07-25-2004, 12:33 PM
wont play

Wht95Lightning
07-25-2004, 01:42 PM
It's a bunch of VW's racing through construction pylons on the hwy. They videotaped themselves, cops pull them over, confiscate tape.
BUSTED.

Silver_2000
07-25-2004, 02:02 PM
wont play on either of my pc's

Sixpipes
07-25-2004, 02:46 PM
I've never seen anything so irresponsible in my whole life. :cool:

http://boston.mirror-image.com:80/newsvideo/winsoftselect/?middle=072104_vws_worcester.wmv','072104_vws_worc esterwmv','width=750,height=550,resizable=yes,scro llbars=auto,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,stat us=no'

my2002lightning
07-25-2004, 04:16 PM
The vid. plays fine for me. :cool:

When will these kraut-burners learn ? :rolleyes:

tliss
07-25-2004, 04:49 PM
I guess nobody told these kids that VWs aren't sports cars.:throw: What a pack of idiots.

Tom

LonghornLightning
07-25-2004, 05:23 PM
what a buncha retards, atleast the cops didn't just pull them over for speeding (like those vettes, and more like the L's will be) I doubt we'd be able to weave through cones hehe. They got what they deserved, especially the kid who says he did nothing. :Bullshit

cpeapea
07-26-2004, 11:05 AM
not to defend the VW owners, but was it legal for the troopers to confiscate the tape? unless they willingly gave it up of course. but im just curious how they found the video tape and why they decided to watch it.

Shiner1
07-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Never underestimate stupid people in large groups.:nono:

Tex Arcana
07-26-2004, 02:42 PM
not to defend the VW owners, but was it legal for the troopers to confiscate the tape? unless they willingly gave it up of course. but im just curious how they found the video tape and why they decided to watch it.

I think the video camera strapped on the roof of the car was a clue. :rolleyes: Of course, they likely allowed the cops to search the cars, and that's how the tape was found, perhaps confiscated as evidence of the commision of a crime? :confused: I dont know what New Hampshire laws are, so can't really comment; I konw here you can refuse a search of your vehicle by a cop unless he can provide reasonable proof of cause. I think. :confused:

Tex Arcana
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
wont play on either of my pc's

You need to upgrade from Windows for Workgroups 3.11... :d

anglerx007
07-26-2004, 04:25 PM
How many L's have a dolphin hanging on the rear view mirror?

PoorSvtman
07-27-2004, 01:23 AM
I konw here you can refuse a search of your vehicle by a cop unless he can provide reasonable proof of cause. I think. :confused:

Yea you can refuse to let them search your vehicle, but when you tell them no, thats when they arrest you and they have the right to search your car... But if you tell them no you must have something to hide to begin with.

LonghornLightning
07-27-2004, 06:05 AM
Yea you can refuse to let them search your vehicle, but when you tell them no, thats when they arrest you and they have the right to search your car... But if you tell them no you must have something to hide to begin with.

If a cop has to ask to search your car, and you say no, You will win in court, because he most likely (obviously) didn't have reasonable doubt or he wouldn't have asked in the first place, college has taught me something! ;)

cpeapea
07-27-2004, 06:12 PM
i have personally been searched for no real reason, the cop didnt find anything and i was sober. i walked away with no ticket. i was actually late to a job interview because of it. sometimes it IS an inconvenience when you have to be somewhere. (i didnt get the job) so if i said "no" which should be in my legal right, youre saying that they have the ability to arrest me? thats total bullshit.

just because i dont want to sit and wait while someone goes through my personal belongings, and having people scour at me sitting on the side of the road because im getting searched, doesnt mean i have anything to hide or im guilty of anything. its just a major PITA.

r1eater
07-28-2004, 08:21 PM
I guess nobody told these kids that VWs aren't sports cars.:throw: What a pack of idiots.

Tom

Don't be so quick to judge... Times have changed indeed, just the other day I was watching a show where they were interviewing Carroll Shelby when asked what thing or car impresses you the most today, he replied " These young kids out there today with these civics and focus small cars tuning them themselves then having them run respectable times."

In the euro circle they have a saying, the only replacement for displacement is technology.. Here is an example of it..

Viper vs Cobra vs VW Golf (camera car)

VW ownage (http://www.s4racing.com/s4vids/golf3.zip)

But I do agree. That was a pack, well more like a herd of idiots :D

tliss
07-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Don't be so quick to judge... Times have changed indeed, just the other day I was watching a show where they were interviewing Carroll Shelby when asked what thing or car impresses you the most today, he replied " These young kids out there today with these civics and focus small cars tuning them themselves then having them run respectable times."

In the euro circle they have a saying, the only replacement for displacement is technology.. Here is an example of it..

Viper vs Cobra vs VW Golf (camera car)

VW ownage (http://www.s4racing.com/s4vids/golf3.zip)

But I do agree. That was a pack, well more like a herd of idiots :D
I respect the ones that are real, but 99.99999999% of them out there are wannbes that think they are fast with their phat (phucking horendous and trashy) coffee cans and their picnic table wings. If you can get it to go with a four banger, more power to you...but I'm still going to laugh at the sound your exhaust makes...:D

VW, does not make a true sports car in any regard. The closest would probably be the Golf or GTI, but that's a stretch if you ask me...hence the comment. Maybe someone ought to remind that herd of dumbasses about that.....;)

Tom

tliss
07-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Just watched that video...even guys in Vipers do ricer flybys? :throw: What is this world coming to?

Tom

r1eater
07-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Just watched that video...even guys in Vipers do ricer flybys? :throw: What is this world coming to?

Tom

:rll: I never noticed that before :d

Actually VW itself makes the GOlf R32 which, the fastest golf yet. But dont forget who else is in the VW family... Audi and Porche. The VW Toureg is a slightly detuned Porche Cayenne. THose three brands share many of the same engines components. The technology trickles down from Porche to Audi to VW.

dboat
07-28-2004, 09:14 PM
I finally got the video to work... I sure have seen a lot of things worse than that before.. dont the police have anything better to do?

I remember back in college :ron: that we had 4 couples in separate cars traveling from Houston to Austin for a fun filled weekend.. so we were traveling in a staggered formation at the speed limit, no faster. We got pulled over by a cop because someone had called in to say we were impeding traffic. I asked the officer, how was that? we were going the speed limit?

We didnt get a ticket but that is the flip side of the coin. :ron:

Dana

cpeapea
07-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Audi S4 :bows

blueoval01
07-29-2004, 07:02 PM
I finally got the video to work... I sure have seen a lot of things worse than that before.. dont the police have anything better to do?
I remember back in college :ron: that we had 4 couples in separate cars traveling from Houston to Austin for a fun filled weekend.. so we were traveling in a staggered formation at the speed limit, no faster. We got pulled over by a cop because someone had called in to say we were impeding traffic. I asked the officer, how was that? we were going the speed limit?

We didnt get a ticket but that is the flip side of the coin. :ron:

Dana :rll::rll: Two :ron:'s in one post. Man, some of my stories will never make it to a thread here. Every other sentence would be a :ron:.

r1eater
07-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Audi S4 :bows

:D If you're talking about that vid, thats a golf VR6 owning that cobra and that viper.

bahahah