PDA

View Full Version : Old School or High Tech?

dboat
07-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Just saw this and its a new release. But is it old school or new tech? Now is everyone gonna have a vacuum tube in their stereo and how long does it take to warm up? :hammer:

Dana

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=61_78&products_id=722

kirkmears
07-25-2004, 06:34 PM
it should only take a couple of minutes (2-3) to warm up...

but there's something i can't figure out...
why would anyone want to play something that's been compressed on tube amplification!?@

still looks pimp, fo shizzle!

Silver_2000
07-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh **** - Vacuums tubes in a CAR ?? Holy **** ..

Its cool looking but who needs dual power level analog needles on the dash ?

Ken
07-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Guys, you missed the point. It allows "true" audiophiles to show everyone else that they have an SRT-10's worth of audio equipment back at the house!

Silver_2000
07-26-2004, 10:08 AM
I agree its gotta be all about looks and bling BUT - What kind of CAR interior will that thing look right in ?? NONE....

Big ass double din gold cd player .... Does it come with gold caps ?
http://www.goldteeth.com/images/gold-teeth-11LG.jpg

Doug

Tex Arcana
07-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I grew up with vacuum tube amps and high-end stereos, and can attest to their wonderful sound--not to mention that the bleeding-edge equipment available to true audiophiles has both solid-state and vacuum-tube components in them.

But my question here is: how in the hell can they keep vibration from killing the vacuum tube?? Those things are well-known for their sensitivity to external vibrations (ever hear a stereo, or see a TV, with a tube going out?? NOT a good thing)--usage in a vehicle can't be a good thing. Oh, and will someone please explain to me how they can get away with the use of a single tube?? It seems to me that every principle of channel separation seems to go out the window.

BLACKSUNSHINE
07-26-2004, 03:04 PM
You cant beat the sound quality and power of tubes. Dont like the gold, but the needes are a cool old school look. I've busted enough guitar amp tubes though just from the ride in the truck, I cant image one being mounted would last long. Cool, but not $1k cool