PDA

View Full Version : Interesting LightningFest Convoy Information

tliss
07-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Well, from the looks of it, our convoy is going to be the biggest in the country heading into Topeka. I have been informed by Dwight Dolliver (BigD) that NLOC is working to get local media to meet us at the hotel as we arrive for the event to help promote the event. We need to try our absolute best to live up to expectations. I am figuring 50 trucks in tow will be what we hit, but I'll be ecstatic if we can get more.

I just wanted to make you aware of this news. This is a way to draw attention to ourselves and the event, and I'm more than happy to help.

Tom

Silver_2000
07-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Tom has been doing a GREAT job of organizing this and it looks like we will have th chance to be filmed by the Local KC News

Great Work Tom

Doug

TP Derrick D
07-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Well, from the looks of it, our convoy is going to be the biggest in the country heading into Topeka. I have been informed by Dwight Dolliver (BigD) that NLOC is working to get local media to meet us at the hotel as we arrive for the event to help promote the event. We need to try our absolute best to live up to expectations. I am figuring 50 trucks in tow will be what we hit, but I'll be ecstatic if we can get more.

I just wanted to make you aware of this news. This is a way to draw attention to ourselves and the event, and I'm more than happy to help.

Tom
Hey good job Tom, Remember me if you need help since I'm on the planning committe wit cha'!!! :tu:
By the way anyone remember what thread the TALON flyer was on I can't seem to find it so I can print out more. I've passed out 3 at least in the past month.And told a couple more about and how to reach us.

blueoval01
07-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Tom has been doing a GREAT job of organizing this and it looks like we will have th chance to be filmed by the Local KC News
Great Work Tom

Doug Agreed!!!! :tu::tu::tu::tu::tu:

jcblack
07-29-2004, 09:14 PM
I think that tom is badass. But T, we still aint rollin out witcha. Nothin personal. My truck get enough attention anyway. J/K. My schedule just doesnt match. That will be cool if ya'll are on the local news though.

my2002lightning
07-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Tom,
Good job on the "leg-work" in putting all this together! :beer:

If all goes well, we'll be looking to be the 51st L in the convoy (no promises) since it's so close to 10/16.

At least Elaine's paternal G-Parent's are in KC/Shawnee/Mission so we can "justify" a visit. :cool:

Ronald

tliss
07-30-2004, 05:59 AM
I think that tom is badass. But T, we still aint rollin out witcha. Nothin personal. My truck get enough attention anyway. J/K. My schedule just doesnt match. That will be cool if ya'll are on the local news though.It's still 2 months away...you can't rearrange your schedule? If not, I understand, but we've been planning this for a few months all ready now :confused: ...plenty of notice to make the necessary changes. What are your plans and who is going with you, so I can advertise a possible second convoy? Please provide meeting place info and departure time and I'll update the threads.

Tom

jcblack
07-30-2004, 06:28 PM
It's still 2 months away...you can't rearrange your schedule? If not, I understand, but we've been planning this for a few months all ready now :confused: ...plenty of notice to make the necessary changes. What are your plans and who is going with you, so I can advertise a possible second convoy? Please provide meeting place info and departure time and I'll update the threads.

Tom
Meeting Place = Steve's house.

Everyone is invite to spend the night and drink all of his beer. I think that it is okay with Steve?

Alpine
07-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Meeting Place = Steve's house.

Everyone is invite to spend the night and drink all of his beer. I think that it is okay with Steve?No drinking of Steve's beer, he needs all the help he can get.

http://www.hotbars.net/pictures/beer.jpg

03LightningRocks
07-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Way to go Tom..........I really was planning on Towing my L out there. I hope it doesn't mess up the "Look" of the convoy:o .

The upside to my towing there....if one of our homies has a truck malfunction....we got him covered.

Rocks:beer:

UUDLOSE
07-31-2004, 11:03 AM
Great job Tom! :tu:

I can't make it, since I quit my old job a month ago, and am working at a new one, kinda hard to ask for time off already.

Get the news crew to send you a copy of the video and post it up for us to see, and also maybe you can get it to the local media here after you all return an have them televise it locally.

Best of luck to you all. Be safe and have fun! knana :beer: :banana: :nana2

jcblack
07-31-2004, 02:05 PM
No drinking of Steve's beer, he needs all the help he can get.

http://www.hotbars.net/pictures/beer.jpg
Ha Ha Steve. I mean,....Leave him alone Jeffner.

tliss
07-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Way to go Tom..........I really was planning on Towing my L out there. I hope it doesn't mess up the "Look" of the convoy:o .

The upside to my towing there....if one of our homies has a truck malfunction....we got him covered.

Rocks:beer:
There may be a few towing up anyway, so whether you are towing or driving I don't mind. It's all the same to me.

Tom