PDA

View Full Version : Dynoed today...numbers seemed a bit low to me :-/

wesman
07-27-2002, 05:53 PM
I dynoed today at Speedworks with some of my 300zx buddies.

I got on the dyno at 1130 this morning...it was of course already 95 degrees.

I ended up with the following numbers. I am going to send my dyno to JDM along with my flip chip and have him burn a custom tune for my truck. The chip I have now is for a '00 w/ the same mods I have but it was not burnt specifically for my truck. I'm not sure if that matters at all but here's hoping :)

My first run was 369.5 and 451.1
Second run, done 5 minutes later was 372.3 and 449
Last and final run(5 minutes later), switched to the "Race" side was 368.8 and 440.3

I must say I was expecting a bit more....but it's not bad I suppose.

The temps were 95 degrees on all three runs and the SAE correction factor was 1.03

The mods on the truck right now are :

4# pulley
Single Blade TB
90mm MAF
LFP Cold Air intake
JDM Flip Chip

Stock exhaust

Still need to slap the Electric Fan/Water Pump and exhaust on.

These numbers seem to be a bit lower compared to others on the boards, but most of them seem to be dynoing in much better weather.

Are these numbers close to what you guys would expect for the mods / atmospheric conditions ?

Any similar dynos with these mods ?

--wes

Sixpipes
07-27-2002, 09:15 PM
Not bad numbers for 95 degrees and the mods you have. You probably are looking at 15-20 rwhp more with cooler weather. I will be waiting for October weather before I go back to the dyno. :cool:

L8 APEX
07-27-2002, 09:48 PM
Change the fuel filter if it has been more than 10K miles. Wayne picked up at least 10hp with that:tu: Those numbers are corrected so heat is not as much a factor.

andy_cain
07-28-2002, 11:08 AM
I dynoed mine Friday at the HorsePower store with 388.4 and 444.6 with afr# 11-5 to 12.1.
It was well over 100 in their shop and they did not have a fan in front of the motor.
Like Terry said, change the fuel filter, mine was so clogged they had to hook the iar blower up to get air through it...made a great deal more in the seat of the pants feel as well.

Good thing I did mine Friday and Zaino'd the L again Friday night...I broke my Tibia at the ankle last night (Saturday) racing motorcross in Austin.
Won't be doing much at all for the next few days except typing and trippin' out on this pain med.:banana:

Sixpipes
07-28-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Those numbers are corrected so heat is not as much a factor.
No way the dyno can correct the effect that heat has on the horsepower output of the Lightning. :cool:

Silver_2000
07-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes

No way the dyno can correct the effect that heat has on the horsepower output of the Lightning. :cool:

What he said...

"The temps were 95 degrees on all three runs and the SAE correction factor was 1.03"

I dont know about you guys but my truck has a lot more than 3% more power on a 40 degree day than a 95 degree day

Feels more like 4 more cylinders

Doug

BlkLightning
07-29-2002, 11:54 AM
Yeah, heat will kill it fast. Your HP numbers are close to mine (386), but my torque is much higher for some reason? (475)

L8 APEX
07-29-2002, 04:49 PM
I like the Team PR there:tu: You are so close to 12's on street tires in July it isn't funny! I think -hitch, -spare, - tailgate, +Accufab, + some PR "tweaking":D and you'll be there:tu:
Anyway, I know the correction may not be spot on for our special trucks but the dyno computers I have used take into account, humidity, baro press, and all the other atmospheric readings to spit out and accurate corrected #. We will have to go twist some dynos this fall for sure:D I gained 20hp one time just from the fan being on or off making the intercooler work or not...

BlkLightning
07-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Yeah, and like mentioned above, the correction is a generic forumula it's not totally accurate, especially when you bring boost into the picture (since it's so much more heat sensative).

As for 12's... I think -spare, -gate, +accufab = 12's. I promise I'll buy one in a week or two and then we'll know for sure ;)

Just need a spot in the pits to stash my goodies. And a driveshaft loop under the truck first, so I don't get da boot from the track officials hehe. I got seriously chewed out after my first run w/no helmet hehe.

Lil Nicky88
07-30-2002, 04:12 AM
my buddy took my truck up there for me on Saturday to get mine dyno'ed. He said it was hotter than 'ell in there, and my best was 348 and 448. I don't remember what they said my actual torque was around, but they guestimated my hp to be in reality around 360. All I have is a chip.