PDA

View Full Version : L-Fest ?Which drag class? Help

sonicbluetommy
08-02-2004, 07:01 PM
I was just wondering which drag class to enter into at L-Fest.

By the time L-fest rolls around I should have the following:Air Raid Cold Air, 4lb pulley, SCT flash, FTVB, lowering kit. Probably wont have the $$$$ for much more before L-Fest rolls around. I am figuring this combo should at least get me sub 13's (won't it?) if I can get her out of the hole and get a decent reaction time. This will kick me out of the Street L class (13.00 and slower). Which leaves the Pro-Street and True-Street classes. Guess I am not sure what the difference is between the 2 classes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

tliss
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM
There are basically three classes you can possibly run in. First of all, I think anyone that can ride on the street can run true street. Basically what that is is a class where you and the rest of the group roll through the city on a cruise and retunr to the track. Then you have 2 to 3 runs down the 1/4 mile and your average is taken. You have to run it down the track as you run it on the street...no opening the hood after the street tour. You can run this class in addition to the other drag classes.

Second, you will fit in either of these two classes:
-Street Lightning - 13.00 + quarter mile times
-Pro Street Lightning - 12.99 and quicker quarter mile times
These are true drag classes...no tour around the city.

Which true drag class you fit in may be determined the morning of test and tune or in qualifying. I'm not sure of the rules of engagement ther, but I figure you will be able to drop classes if you find you will not fit in the one you originally thought.

Hope this helps.

Tom

sonicbluetommy
08-02-2004, 07:40 PM
So the True Street is heads up (best average wins) while the other 2 are bracket (you race against your own times)?

The street cruise sounds like a blast! Guess I will running in 2 classes.
:banana: :banana:

But what I am really dying to try is the open track!!! Kinda sucks I wont have the $$$$ to get a set of Terry's EBC's by then but I will just have to slow down (K, I am gonna need help on how to do that!!! LOL)

tliss
08-02-2004, 07:44 PM
So the True Street is heads up (best average wins) while the other 2 are bracket (you race against your own times)?

The street cruise sounds like a blast! Guess I will running in 2 classes.
:banana: :banana:

But what I am really dying to try is the open track!!! Kinda sucks I wont have the $$$$ to get a set of Terry's EBC's by then but I will just have to slow down (K, I am gonna need help on how to do that!!! LOL)
Well, in brackets you are not only racing your own times, you are also racing the times of the guy you are racing against. If you get closer to your guess without going faster, you win. Even if you are a full second off, but he is two seconds off, you win. The object is to get closer to your time than he is to his.

As for the true street, I'm not exactly sure how that works. You get your average time on the 2-3 runs down the 1/4, but I have no idea how they score that to determine a winner. If it's the best average, then the fastest guy will win every time (not all too fun for the slower guys, now is it??). There's got to be something I'm missing there.

Tom

sonicbluetommy
08-02-2004, 07:59 PM
As for the true street, I'm not exactly sure how that works. You get your average time on the 2-3 runs down the 1/4, but I have no idea how they score that to determine a winner. If it's the best average, then the fastest guy will win every time (not all too fun for the slower guys, now is it??). There's got to be something I'm missing there.

Tom

I reckon by having a 30 minute cruise they are trying to weed out the pure drag trucks that dont have the street capable radiators or rear ends/trannys to handle that type of trip. Not much incentive to the pure stock trucks (other than the cruise) but could be very interesting for some of the low 12 or faster trucks as it would be a true fastest is baddest drag race for street driveable trucks.

TP Derrick D
08-02-2004, 11:10 PM
I reckon by having a 30 minute cruise they are trying to weed out the pure drag trucks that dont have the street capable radiators or rear ends/trannys to handle that type of trip. Not much incentive to the pure stock trucks (other than the cruise) but could be very interesting for some of the low 12 or faster trucks as it would be a true fastest is baddest drag race for street driveable trucks.

I'm sure Dwight based his true street rules on Fun Ford rules. just as you said above. The cruise will weed out some not so streetable trucks,but luck plays a part if thing like flat tire puts you out. I ran true street in my Mustang 2 years ago and came in 26th out of 136 cars avg:12.3 @ 119+ on street tires.what held me back was tires,2.4 60' not going to cut it.

sonicbluetommy
08-03-2004, 12:15 AM
I figured the competition would be really tough in a class like that, but the cruise sounds fun!!!! Don't think its worth an extra $45 to run in a 2nd class though.

Thanks for the clarification guys!!!

Justin 95L
08-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Pro lightning class is heads up not a bracket so first one to the finish line wins:D