PDA

View Full Version : Shock Absorber Life...

TXBLU
08-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Ok, So how long do the front shocks on the Ls usually last? I have just at 30,000 miles on mine, and I'm beginning to think they are toast. I had a set of tires put on at Discount about 6,000 miles ago, and I've been thinking I have a bad tire ever since, but they have checked and re-checked them several times (they actually found one that was "bad"), and they have been slightly out of balnce every time (they think the truck is so powerful that it's spinning the tires on the rims!!!), but the vibration has persisted. And yes, I rotate them at every oil change (3,000 miles). It actually seems like it's getting worse, and it also seems like the front end is not as stable and cotrolled as it once was.

If I have indeed gotten "all the goody" of them, what are the best replacements I can get? Are there any that are as good as the original Bilstiens without costing as much as the dealers want (I don't know their price yet)?

All helpful replies will be much appreciated.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif