PDA

View Full Version : Need new brakes.... opinions?

00Bolt
08-06-2004, 08:44 AM
hey guys, i need new brakes... well ill be honest, im pretty ignorant to brakes, iv never done them before so I havent ever lifted the truck up and looked... so I dont know if its front or rear or what I really need... im just guessing and I figure its the front and I can get new pads and just have the rotors turned pretty cheap....

if thats the case, what pads should I get? I dont wanna go spend $1500 or whatever on a fancy brembo set.. I just want something that will make me stop!! lol

should I just get another factory set or should I go up a step and get something a little better? i guess i can just go to pep boys or autozone and have them hook me up, but wanted to ask here first... thanks

REXRENEGADE
08-06-2004, 09:04 AM
EBC's from Terry(Performance Research) are the best deal you will find for the money. Call Terry... Brembo's are $3500 plus.
Cheers
:beer:

99WhiteBeast
08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
ditto on the EBC's from Terry-great upgrade and good bang for the buck

- if thats too much dinero go with the
Ceramix pads from Napa
Front=CMX 7576
Rear =CMX 7584

low dusting, quite, and lifetime warranty. Wear them out, take the old ones back up and they'll give you a new set:tu:

I think I have a old set of Factory one's lying around for the front. I know they have 3/4 life still on them. Then you would only have to get the rotors turned
$8 each at O'reiley

00Bolt
08-06-2004, 05:29 PM
not sure if I went the right route or not... but these are what I ordered today... I talked to the lady on phone for a while and she was real cool and gave me an extra 10% off these... I had a gift certificate from here or else I would have called Terry for the EBC... guess I will be the ginny pig on these Hawks...

00Bolt
08-06-2004, 05:30 PM
oppps, guess i should post a link :hammer:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=F150+Lightning&autoYear=2000&autoModClar=&make=Hawk&model=HPS+Street+brake+pads

Mark #2
08-09-2004, 03:42 PM
not sure if I went the right route or not... but these are what I ordered today... I talked to the lady on phone for a while and she was real cool and gave me an extra 10% off these... I had a gift certificate from here or else I would have called Terry for the EBC... guess I will be the ginny pig on these Hawks...
I'm running the Hawks, but I might have the plus version in, I'll have to check the box. I'll check, but the ones I have stop very well and dust very very well too.

Mark