PDA

View Full Version : Saw My First C6 Vette Last Night

tliss
08-08-2004, 11:26 AM
This thing was on Belt Line in Addison. The wife and I were just heading home from dinner when a C6 Vette rolled by. It had odd-looking plates on it (not any state plate that I ahve seen, and definitely not a new-purchase paper plate), so it had to be some sort of test vehicle or something. It was white and it was sharp. Got beside it at one stop light, but Belt Line is not the best place for racing, so we just rolled on.

I really like the look of those things.

Tom

L8 APEX
08-08-2004, 11:35 AM
You should live in Detroit. When I was cruising 8 Mile after picking up my gen1 I saw a concept or R&D vehicle in every other parking lot or driveway. There were two or three GTO's and the new Cadillas XLR or whatever. Guess it is a part of Detroit culture.

PoorSvtman
08-08-2004, 08:09 PM
The new c6 vettes should be hitting dealers at the end of august. The transport driver that brought us a z06 last month said the yard is packed with them.

Also there is a rumor going around that dealerships wont get any of them till the c5 vettes are gone. I cant wait till we get one. Part of my job is to test drive all new cars. So when we get one ill post pics and how it drives

my2002lightning
08-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Tom,

Were they blue plates w/white lettering on the C6? If so, it's probably Michigan plates.

FYI, a good friend of mine/groomsman was in Mech. Eng. middle-mgt. w/GM in OKC and Lansing, MI. for years.

He told me that the "8th Level" mgt. at GM plants get their choice of a Corvette or Cadillac as company cars - and they get to trade them in each year for another model as a GM "perk".

You may have very well seen an 8th Level from the Arlington GM Assy. plant.

Ronald

tliss
08-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Tom,

Were they blue plates w/white lettering on the C6? If so, it's probably Michigan plates.

FYI, a good friend of mine/groomsman was in Mech. Eng. middle-mgt. w/GM in OKC and Lansing, MI. for years.

He told me that the "8th Level" mgt. at GM plants get their choice of a Corvette or Cadillac as company cars - and they get to trade them in each year for another model as a GM "perk".

You may have very well seen an 8th Level from the Arlington GM Assy. plant.

Ronald
Nope. The plates were plain white with black lettering. Definitely no state's plate I've ever seen.

Tom

PoorSvtman
08-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Nope. The plates were plain white with black lettering. Definitely no state's plate I've ever seen.

Tom

probly dealer temp tags. Dealerships use paper tags that are white with black letters on them. They use them for test drives and the such. Kinda like a sold car gets the paper plate with the numbers written on it.

00Bolt
08-09-2004, 10:51 AM
i heard the same thing.. dealers cant sell the c6s until the c5s are gone off their lot... bet there are gonna be some deals going down!! wish i could afford the L and a vette!!!