PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Dyno...need opinions / comparison from all

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Well, this is my second dyno, and im happy with the results, but I know a lot of you have a lot more experience looking at dyno-chart's than I do. Tell me if you think this is in the correct ballpark for the mods ive added, and if not what improvements would you suggest. You too Terry, tell me what you think (and dont say my motor and trans is about to melt, because Andrew owned it). This was the first dyno I used with the IC Ice box (100-120 IAT2 during run)
Im happy with the results like I said earlier, I think the TQ should be up there a little more though, and im thinking about the 6# to compensate for the hi-flow exhaust and get some TQ back.

Here are my mods.

Airraide intake
Accufab TB
C&L intake boot
4# lower
Diablo Predator w/ 4-6# pre-programed tune
Long tube headers
hi-flow cats
bassina cat-back
160 stat
denso 22 plugs
NO boost bypass (did one run w/ bypass and lost 5 lbs of TQ)
Line valve mod - Trans
Intercoller ICE box

All comments welcome....please
MAX HP 406.56, TQ 509.33

IM000004.JPG

L8 APEX
08-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Very strong done deal:tu:

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Cool, the A/F look ok? Would you recommend the 6# or am I just pushin it. Also the curves seem to look ok, so I dont know if I need a custome tune or not.

cpeapea
08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
the a/f looks a little fat which is good. wheres the timing at?

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Its hard to tell, I dont know what the timing is set to in pre-programmed tune, but watching the real time data on the predator the timing at wot high RPM never exceeds 12 or 13. I know I could probably custom tune the fuel curve a little, but i'd rather see at a safe level, since there's no way in hell i'll ever afford a new motor.

Oh by the way they had $30! dyno day (3 runs) at a brand new place on grapevine hwy in colleyville / bedford. The dyno was 1 day old when I ran it, nice place too. I cant remember the name, i'll post it later, it was Mikes something.

Stinkbug
08-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Oh by the way they had $30! dyno day (3 runs) at a brand new place on grapevine hwy in colleyville / bedford. The dyno was 1 day old when I ran it, nice place too. I cant remember the name, i'll post it later, it was Mikes something.
Nice run! Find out the name, that sounds like its right down the road from the house.

cpeapea
08-10-2004, 07:09 PM
in ground or above ground dyno?

02BOLT
08-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Those are some nice numbers dude. Especially for a 4# lower in this heat! The A/F looked good to me. Seems that it got progressively richer as the RPM's increased, which is a good thing(safe). I'd roll with what you have there. It's only gonna make more power as the weather cools off in the coming months.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

Word of caution, when it does turn cooler, keep a keen eye on the A/F because it WILL lean out at least some, and ALWAYS keep an ear out for detonation! Enjoyhttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Later,
Rob

SpeedyBolt
08-16-2004, 11:58 AM
The place is called Mike's Xclusive Customs. It is located at 414 Grapevine Hwy.(26) I had my tuck dynoed there this past Saturday. They are doing the $30.00 dollar three pull thing for the rest of this month!!!!! Very Cool People!

Mike was telling me about a guy that made his own intercooler out of a ranger heater core, was that you?

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah that was me. The guys there are very cool. I'll be going there more!
Its not the intercooler just an ice box for the intercooler fluid, made out of a ranger heater core...but I didnt make it.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Those are some nice numbers dude. Especially for a 4# lower in this heat! The A/F looked good to me. Seems that it got progressively richer as the RPM's increased, which is a good thing(safe). I'd roll with what you have there. It's only gonna make more power as the weather cools off in the coming months.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

Word of caution, when it does turn cooler, keep a keen eye on the A/F because it WILL lean out at least some, and ALWAYS keep an ear out for detonation! Enjoyhttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Later,
Rob

Thanks Rob, yeah I have an A/F gauge in the cab to watch the mixture and yes it does lean out when the IC fluid is cooler or its colder outside. 40 deg weather's gonna make it mean. Am I on the edge? maybe I shouldnt get the 6# :o

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-17-2004, 05:56 PM
in ground or above ground dyno?

in ground

SpeedyBolt
08-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Who made the IceBox and do you think it really helps with the power? If so who do i need to talk to about one?

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Yes, it does increase power, not sure how much but last I dynoed the IAT2 (after the blower) started at 98deg and went to 118 (normally 125+) or so tops at full boost. Thats pretty cool, so not only is it giving me some extra ponies but also its helping prevent detonation...i like that. I like it because some guys use elec. fans on their intercooler, which can only cool the fluid down to outside air temp. The ice (and you can also use dry ice) will cool it down below outside air, and drop the intercooler temps down. I like it in the heat of the summer, I notice a difference, ever though it wont last long.

Microsuck (Andrew) gave it to me, I own his old truck. Its simple to make, All you need is a right size box (I relocated my battery to the bed, so its about the size of the battery)insulate it, and a heater core, then just loop the intercooler fluid lines between the heat exchange out line and the in line to the intercooler. Then I rigged up a IC pump overide switch so I can circulate the fluid when the motor is off.

I can post pics for you all if you would like.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-18-2004, 02:39 PM
The place is called Mike's Xclusive Customs. It is located at 414 Grapevine Hwy.(26) I had my tuck dynoed there this past Saturday. They are doing the $30.00 dollar three pull thing for the rest of this month!!!!! Very Cool People!

Mike was telling me about a guy that made his own intercooler out of a ranger heater core, was that you?

Lets get a group to meet this weekend, this is cheap, and brand new equip...so I thinks its very accurate. I can call him up maybe if I get a group he can do it for $20

SpeedyBolt
08-18-2004, 03:17 PM
I am in if we can get a big group together. I did my truck there last weekend so I probably would wind up taking my TransAm!!! It won't make near the power my truck did but I am still very curious!

UUDLOSE
08-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Yes, it does increase power, not sure how much but last I dynoed the IAT2 (after the blower) started at 98deg and went to 118 (normally 125+) or so tops at full boost. Thats pretty cool, so not only is it giving me some extra ponies but also its helping prevent detonation...i like that. I like it because some guys use elec. fans on their intercooler, which can only cool the fluid down to outside air temp. The ice (and you can also use dry ice) will cool it down below outside air, and drop the intercooler temps down. I like it in the heat of the summer, I notice a difference, ever though it wont last long.

Microsuck (Andrew) gave it to me, I own his old truck. Its simple to make, All you need is a right size box (I relocated my battery to the bed, so its about the size of the battery)insulate it, and a heater core, then just loop the intercooler fluid lines between the heat exchange out line and the in line to the intercooler. Then I rigged up a IC pump overide switch so I can circulate the fluid when the motor is off.

I can post pics for you all if you would like.

Post up! This I would like to see. Also, I would like to get a dyno run in. Let me know when and where you all are gonna meet to go.

Mike

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Post up! This I would like to see. Also, I would like to get a dyno run in. Let me know when and where you all are gonna meet to go.

Mike

Meeting tomorrow around noon. Earlier you get there the better because they will be lined up for dyno's. But come out and hang out.