PDA

View Full Version : Switch from 4lb to 6lb ??

00Bolt
08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
any thoughts? I remember when I first got my L it seemed like a 4lb was the highest you wanted to go... anything over that was considered "crazy"... but now it seems like there are a ton of 6lbs out there....

im considering moving on up to a 6lb... Im just wanting to know how much performance gains I would see... On the dyno, what should I expect to see, like 5hp?? I was thinking it might increase my torque a little more though, and I could use that since my ported blower actually made my TRQ go backwards....

but numbers are just numbers, would I actually see/feel any difference at all when at track???

thanks guys...

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I think it really depends on what other mods you have. I personally think a 6 can be done safely as long as the tune isnt too aggressive (timing and fuel curve). I dont know from experience though. I know iv'e had nothing but good from my 4#. I have also heard expecting around 10-15 hp per 1# so 20-30 hp gain wouldn't be a supprise. Im thinking about going to a 6# too but I want to make sure the chip is ready for it.

00Bolt
08-09-2004, 05:10 PM
well i forget, but i remember Sal from PSP saying it was like 17'.... (but i dont know for sure) does that sound about right??? everyone says he is the least aggresive of the tuners...

03LightningRocks
08-09-2004, 11:05 PM
...........everyone says he is the least aggresive of the tuners...

Not necessarily true....I have discovered. Seems alot of it depends on what you tell the tuners your after.

I know that with both Mike Troyer, Super Chips(Dave Cane) and JDM...I had to darn near get mean to get them to tune my race programs on the edge. The problem of a vented block is now on me, for insisting on a tune like that.

Most of the tuners are very aware of the fact that some fellows are not going to do what it takes to have an aggressive program....so they are all a bit concerned with being blamed for a vented block.

Tell them if you want a safe program and what you plan to use it for. Don't throw 15-16lbs of boost at your truck and then cry when it chucks a rod...it can and does happen...especially if you think that racing means doing WOT 30 minutes runs at 140 MPH.

Good Luck...but know that your taking more of a risk with every pound of boost you throw at it...no matter which of the tuners your using.

Rocks:tu:

P.S. Diablo tuning is crap compared to the new SCT.