PDA

View Full Version : Bed cover/liner question

jcandrews
07-29-2002, 04:17 PM
I just bought an '02 Lightning and have a question or two about choosing the right bed cover and liner for it. Any feedback on your experiences, positive or otherwise, would be appreciated.

I am looking at SnugTop, A.R.E. and Astro brands for covers. Each features sturdy fiberglass construction with lifetime paint and structural guarantees. SnugTop sports the best look to go with a Lightning, but the install requires drilling. A.R.E. seems to offer top quality and has a great clamp-on system, but I don't like the look quite as well. What choice do you recommend and why?

With liners, I am really leaning towards a mat of some kind, not a drop-in or spray-on. The best thing I've seen is BedRug, but it is pricey. What alternatives are out there that offer a non-slip surface and light-use surface protection? Also, what are my options for sectioning the bed into smaller cargo areas appropriate for containing smaller loads?

I am considering DFW Camper Corral for purchase and installation. Any recommendations for or against? Are there any other reputable liner/cover retailers in the Dallas area?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

L8 APEX
07-29-2002, 04:29 PM
I like the Retrax retractable cover. I use it daily and love it. You can look at mine at the meeting Thursday. I carry bedrugs also 350 out the door. I think DFW is 400+tax:eek2: Look under this months special in my forum it is a bedcover and liner combo. I am working on a club rate at DFW for snuglids. They look the best just make sure they foam the underside or it will rub your paint!! Let me know if I can help or bring something to the meeting Thursday:tu:

TXBLU
07-29-2002, 04:31 PM
I have a True Blue '02 with a Toff liner (dark blue) and a Snug-Lid cover. I like them both very much. I wanted to have a Rhino liner installed, but the dealer (Westway) had a deal with a Toff installer. I had a Rhino in my '93 and it held up very well. A friend of mine has started doing Rhino liners and I can get his number for you if you want. Awesome truck, dude!!!:burnout:

Ivanhoe_Farms
07-29-2002, 08:33 PM
If you are going to haul $tuff, the rhino liner or its competitors is pretty hard to beat (a la Sixpipes) --- but of course he has to have a tough bed to haul all of the Contour parts.

Flatsman and I both have the bedrugs and I think that is the way to go if you want a custom look and something very durable as well!!:d :d

L8 APEX
07-29-2002, 10:31 PM
There is a guy that LineX'd our trucks last year. He even put the SVT logo in it for that factory touch. He pulls all the hardware out of the bed then re-installs it over the liner so it is still servicable:tu:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-608-4782.jpg