PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys For Showing At Hooters

bobbywade69
08-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Had a great show up for some grub and hooters and little drag racing!!

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/382Hooters_II_081504.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10816&sort=1&cat=500)

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/382Hooters_081504.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10815&sort=1&cat=500)

Funny thing is no one could touch my 10.5 1/8th mile time!!!:bows

02BOLT
08-15-2004, 09:46 PM
10.50's in the 1/8 mile:cool: ........

UUHHHMM.....I don't believe I'd have told that.:o

Oh well.....so long as you had fun!:evil

99WhiteBeast
08-15-2004, 10:50 PM
good times:beer:

skalywags
08-15-2004, 10:58 PM
yeah, it was nice to meety'all and see the couple people I had met before. It was also funny to see derrick go chase the posers down. When watching y'all leave I see why some of you don't get that many miles out of a set of tires. there's probably enuff rubber on that frontage road to make at least one tire! I also don't think doing the 1/8 with my bike and gear in back would have worked to well, and there was too much there to unload.

StormShadow
I missed the hooters but had a good time at the track.

Alpine
good times:beer:What "good times" are you talking about Steve.If your talking about Hooters I would say definately. If your talking about Bobbys times at the track....:hammer:

I am glad Adam ran strong, but it was fun watching Bobby practice his drifting half way down the track!:bows

PoorSvtman
08-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Had a blast. Had fun laughing at the poser that kept driving by and leaving and coming back for a 2nd look :rll:

Glad to see the few arlington guys that i havent seen in awhile and i ran decent at the track so i cant complain about that. But what was funny was the few trans am/camaro guys coming up to me saying they are trying to find a Lightning . knana :burnout:
we should do this more often..

Nuhklz
08-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Had a good time! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Bobby: The Hotters babe you were drooling over came out with a phone number right after you left but the area code is 900. I'd be suspicious.

03LightningRocks
08-16-2004, 08:17 AM
I missed the hooters but had a good time at the track.
If 10.5's was the best anyone could do...........what did th dark shadow grey do???

It must have been some really bad air conditions.

Rocks

StormShadow
08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I hit a 8.0 on one of my bracket races but I hit the brakes at the end so I didn't break out. I think it would have been a high 7.9 run. No traction last night.

03LightningRocks
08-16-2004, 08:33 AM
I hit a 8.0 on one of my bracket races but I hit the brakes at the end so I didn't break out. I think it would have been a high 7.9 run. No traction last night.

That's good to hear. It won't be long and the cool air mod will kick in. Combine that with the Hallsville mod...........woo hoo...........:nana2

UUDLOSE
08-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Had a good time! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Bobby: The Hotters babe you were drooling over came out with a phone number right after you left but the area code is 900. I'd be suspicious.

:rll:

Was fun. Enjoyed meeting you Bobby, Larry and Derrick. Didn't get the chance to introduce myself to Skalywags, but I will next time now that I know his face. See you all again.

f150freak
08-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Funny thing is no one could touch my 10.5 1/8th mile time!!!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bows.gifThe funny thing was each new excuse why you couldn't get any better. But either way I had a blast at Hooters and Kennedale.

bobbywade69
08-16-2004, 03:23 PM
I was playing with the street tires no slicks, stall= No traction!!! spinning all the way! Only one time I just punched it half track and ran a 8.6 on them!! Put Adam's slicks on wheel hoped soo bad had 2 let off ran a 8.5, was disspointing not 2 see the usuall 8.1 but I was out there for fun playing around on street tires!!:evil

If 10.5's was the best anyone could do...........what did th dark shadow grey do???

It must have been some really bad air conditions.

Rocks

00Bolt
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
bobby your truck is a freak running 8.1 with what u have.... stop complaining like a little biatch

StormShadow
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
I was playing with the street tires no slicks, stall= No traction!!! spinning all the way! Only one time I just punched it half track and ran a 8.6 on them!! Put Adam's slicks on wheel hoped soo bad had 2 let off ran a 8.5, was disspointing not 2 see the usuall 8.1 but I was out there for fun playing around on street tires!!:evil
I think the bigger slicks bogged your motor down.

!!!!Weak!!!!

00Bolt
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
adam, do you never check your PMs or do mine just never get to you for some reason?

TP Derrick D
08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Glad to stop by, I don't get to a lot of the monthly meetings due to work but when something is held outside work schedule I try to make it.Wish I could have gone to track but since yesterday was Yellow Rose I spent my budget cash there(Silver '05 Mustang GT 1:18 scale die cast).Plus wifey was on her way back from Tyler and wanted to be around for arrival.I forgo the little stuff for the big stuff...Fun Ford,Lfest,Yellow Rose, Autorama, and a few others that "popup" here and there. It works for me. And keeps wifey yapper shut about my need for speed and cash flow spent on A'Teal La & ToyTruck.

00Bolt
08-16-2004, 03:42 PM
derrick

are u moving? i saw a uhaul outside your house other day.... (not stalking you i promise)

bigdale83
08-16-2004, 03:43 PM
had a good time at hooters and yes there proly is at least enough rubber on the way to the track to make bobby a new tire! anywho those two guys in the fake truck was what really made my day. nice to meet you arlington boys and i will proly see yall round

bobbywade69
08-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Read my avatar!!! Must be the same for u only running a 8.0!:evil

I think the bigger slicks bogged your motor down.

!!!!Weak!!!!

bobbywade69
08-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Just remember who installs your ****!!! I might just forget a bolt next time or drop one in the SC!!:evil

bobby your truck is a freak running 8.1 with what u have.... stop complaining like a little biatch

00Bolt
08-16-2004, 03:55 PM
well it would be terry, but he holds grudges and wont work on my ****... lol

just playin bobby... i know u trying to save up for kenne bell, and ya always hooked me up so its all good... i just wanna get faster than that other fag adam

TP Derrick D
08-16-2004, 04:18 PM
derrick

are u moving? i saw a uhaul outside your house other day.... (not stalking you i promise)

OH NO,A STALKER!!! :D Nah man its cool :cool: I was letting it sit there because I had it till Mon morn.Freaking thing left a oil spot in front of my house. :mad: I had to take my '95 Sable to my daughter in Alabama because the '96 Sable I took her in March tranny didn't want to play anymore.Only low and reverse gears. Trans shop there wanted $1400 big ones ,so I just rented a U-Haul with tow dolly to get the car and myself back to Texas. $265 plus about $90 in gas and I'll let the transmission guy on my pit crew fix it for less .Plus I'd rather give $$$ to someone I know / trust than someone / shop I just met. Scott (00Bolt) we missed you yesterday at the lil' meet up.

TP Derrick D
08-16-2004, 04:34 PM
yeah, it was nice to meety'all and see the couple people I had met before. It was also funny to see derrick go chase the posers down. When watching y'all leave I see why some of you don't get that many miles out of a set of tires. there's probably enuff rubber on that frontage road to make at least one tire! I also don't think doing the 1/8 with my bike and gear in back would have worked to well, and there was too much there to unload.

I was just messing with them. They knew it. Most posers know they are faking and will get chatter about it. I just try to be cool about letting them know its still not an L.Yesterday I told them Well you got the wheels now what? How much you gonna spend trying to make it LOOK like an L.But since it didn't come from Ford as an L its still won't be one. So for the money your spending may as well go buy a real L. We're inside, come on in and talk to us. They parked and came in. IT WAS ALL IN FUN!! :d

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, it was nice to meety'all and see the couple people I had met before. It was also funny to see derrick go chase the posers down

00Bolt
08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
ya sorry i couldnt make it... it seems like everytime there is a meet like that, iv got plans... i had my annual fantasy football draft and madden tournament with my ole college/high school friends... its kinda a tradition now...

im about to add efan/heat exchanger and the weather is about to cool down... so i plan to make it to the track more often this fall....

03LightningRocks
08-16-2004, 05:22 PM

I screwed up last winter one night and ended up at Hallsville with no slicks. My truck was suddenly getting 13's...LOL. I found a whole new respect for the folks that can launch successfully on street tires. I couldn't get the truck to hook for crap.

On the wheel hop........you don't have traction bars??????????? I guess I just assumed you did.

I should have gone out there....darn it.....sounds like everyone had a great time. My truck is sitting in the garage with the slicks and front runners on it. Since I started running the truck on a trailer, I have been leaving the slicks on it. I couldn't bring myself to change 4 tires so I could go.

Rocks

02BOLT
08-16-2004, 07:04 PM
I should have gone out there....darn it.....sounds like everyone had a great time. My truck is sitting in the garage with the slicks and front runners on it. Since I started running the truck on a trailer, I have been leaving the slicks on it. I couldn't bring myself to change 4 tires so I could go.

Rocks
Two words for ya......LAZY A$$!:d

StormShadow
08-16-2004, 07:34 PM
adam, do you never check your PMs or do mine just never get to you for some reason?

I have gaydar checked so I don't get pm's from fag bitches. :throw:

L8 APEX
08-16-2004, 07:37 PM
I have gaydar checked so I don't get pm's from fag bitches. :throw:I didn't see that selection but good choice:rll: . Also cool that Doug didn't filter bitches, he is a cool Internet Overlord:bows $$$:bows $$$.

PoorSvtman
08-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Nice pics bobby, Looks real good as a background for my new computer :tu:

Originally Posted by StormShadow
I have gaydar checked so I don't get pm's from fag bitches

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/419ohsnap.jpg
:rll:

bobbywade69
08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Nope still no traction bars!!

I screwed up last winter one night and ended up at Hallsville with no slicks. My truck was suddenly getting 13's...LOL. I found a whole new respect for the folks that can launch successfully on street tires. I couldn't get the truck to hook for crap.

On the wheel hop........you don't have traction bars??????????? I guess I just assumed you did.

Rocks

bobbywade69
08-16-2004, 09:55 PM
I hate changing my front runners and slicks everytime I race!! I usually change them at tha house the day before and just drive them 2 tha track!

Rocks