PDA

View Full Version : Hey Whats up Newbe here and i need some help

Brenton
08-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Hey what’s up guy's I live in Houston right now im a halo member and will be moving up to Denton next week for school and didn’t know if any of yall lived in that area or was also going to school at unt. Any ways I still have to find an apartment or some were I can rent to stay and didn’t know if any one here was looking for a roommate or had maybe a garage apartment to rent out. I am also looking for work I have allot of skills in home electronics and security I also have my forklift operator license I am a real hard worker and need the money to pay for school my parents are broke and cant help me out this semester so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for reading this and hope to get to know all of you.

UUDLOSE
08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
worked my way thru college as well. Welcome to the board. :beer:

I don't know of any leads for work, but I am sure some of the guys might be able to help you hook up with something. Good luck.

Brenton
08-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Yea any help would be great

my2002lightning
08-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Brenton,
First off, welcome to TALON! knana

It just so happens that one of my IT road-warrior grooms-men in Denton is looking for a room-mate. $450/mo.

3 Bed, 2 Bath, garage if you want, Big Screen w/X-Box off of I-35 in Denton. I just called Tim and he said he'd like to discuss.

Elaine and I have been there and it's a nice house and neighborhood.

PM me if you're interested.

Ronald

sonicbluetommy
08-16-2004, 10:38 PM
You can always try roommates.com. I think its $20 for 90 days of use. It has lots of search features to narrow down your likes and dislikes. I moved here without knowing a single person and looked at about 8 places before I found someplace I was comfortable with the place and the guys.

Welcome to the club and good luck in school!

Shiner1
08-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Brenton,
First off, welcome to TALON! knana

It just so happens that one of my IT road-warrior grooms-men in Denton is looking for a room-mate. $450/mo.

3 Bed, 2 Bath, garage if you want, Big Screen w/X-Box off of I-35 in Denton. I just called Tim and he said he'd like to discuss.

Elaine and I have been there and it's a nice house and neighborhood.

PM me if you're interested.

RonaldDamm Ronald...It there anything or anybody you don't know...?:rll:

Brenton...Welcome to Talon.

cpeapea
08-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey what’s up guy's I live in Houston right now im a halo member and will be moving up to Denton next week for school and didn’t know if any of yall lived in that area or was also going to school at unt. Any ways I still have to find an apartment or some were I can rent to stay and didn’t know if any one here was looking for a roommate or had maybe a garage apartment to rent out. I am also looking for work I have allot of skills in home electronics and security I also have my forklift operator license I am a real hard worker and need the money to pay for school my parents are broke and cant help me out this semester so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for reading this and hope to get to know all of you.Brenton,

I work as a contractor for RoadWay Express and FedEx Ground, I/we do general contracting work with electrical, motor controls, plumbing, handyman stuff, computers, and lots of welding, etc. Sometimes I/we get my hands full and need to temp out some work. You sound like a pretty well rounded guy, so if i need any extra people i'll definitly give you a shout out. I also have a forklifting liscense too :d

Gaven

BTW, Roadway starts at 21 an hour for a dock worker, Saia starts at 15 i think. check out the major freight companies, they make damn good money (and some are union like roadway) and get good benefits.

my2002lightning
08-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Elaine's asked me the same exact thing before. :D Networking is key!

It's funny... my Dallas multi-millionaire friend of mine for years took me out to lunch last week or so. We spoke yesterday and he was in Moab, UT and Durango, CO today... just road-trippin' in the Mini Cooper.

I actually was invited, but job-hunting/wedding junk pre-empted that notion.

I'd LOVE to road-trip The West in the Lightning! :bows

Damm Ronald...It there anything or anybody you don't know...?:rll:

Brenton...Welcome to Talon.