PDA

View Full Version : '00 Black L @ Vandergriff Acura on 183

George G.
07-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Anyone know the history behind the 00 Lightning at Goodson Acura? I stopped by to look at it yesterday after work and possibly take it for a test drive and the dealership sucked. They wanted me to go through the paper work FIRST, then take a test drive. Not only was the salesman and manager idiots, they thought they could take me for one of their kind! Well, let me back up, the salesman was about to let me drive it and told me to park my truck by their mobile office and he'll meet me there. So I did and out comes this other sales guy yelling at him to park the truck. I walk where the 00L was parked and asked, "what, no test drives on Mondays?" Then when the sales manager realizes that I already have one Lightning, him and the salesman try to double team me wanting me to commit to buying the truck. BEFORE I EVEN DRIVE THE DAMN THING!! I was there MAYBE 10 minutes and they want me to go through financing. "I have to keep the miles down" they said. We go on and on for about 15 minutes before I left.

Anyway, about the truck, it's not perfect, had some paint scratches with sloppy touch up paint, the left front fender had some ripples in the paint under the Lightning badge, seems like bad body repair work, 40,000 miles on the clock and they're asking $24,***. Of course I get the "It's never been wrecked" bit as if they owned it themselves.:bs

Crawford
07-30-2002, 09:19 AM
I would avoid that hooptie like the plague! There are plenty of other Ls for sale in the area that will be in better shape and will probably be at a better price. Always get a vin number so we can run a carfax for you. I have an account good for about 3 more weeks, just let me know.

George G.
07-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I forgot to get it yesterday. I'm gonna go down and get it during lunch. I doubt I'll buy the truck from them after what they tried to pull. Especially after the smack they were talking. Some 99-00 have sold for around 20K.

Crawford
07-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Exactly, I wouldnt even bother going back!

Logan
07-30-2002, 11:04 AM
You can get low mileage 99's and 00's for $20-22k. My 02 just with 2500 miles just went for $29K

TXBLU
07-30-2002, 02:11 PM
George, go back and get the vin. You might uncover a truck we can steer people clear of...:tu:

George G.
08-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Well, the truck is still there. Crawford, will you run a carfax on it? Here's the VIN. Thanks

2FT2F0736YCA81421

Crawford
08-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Done. Looks like the VIN you gave there is wrong. Carfax automatically corrected it so that should be the right one.