PDA

View Full Version : $30 Dyno's, New place in Bedford, lets get a group together

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Mike's Xclusive Customs located at 414 Grapevine Hwy.(26) 817-581-6893 has a brand new inground dyno and $30 dynos the rest of the month. I can call Mike the owner and try to set up something with him, hes a cool guy. Maybe they can give us a group discount (probably not 30's cheap enough). You guys want to try to rustle up a group to go on Saturday? We can meet up and show them what kind of power these trucks can produce.

andy_cain
08-18-2004, 04:33 PM
I might be up for that:evil
Get the "before" readings!

Tex Arcana
08-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Mike's Xclusive Customs located at 414 Grapevine Hwy.(26) 817-581-6893 has a brand new inground dyno and $30 dynos the rest of the month. I can call Mike the owner and try to set up something with him, hes a cool guy. Maybe they can give us a group discount (probably not 30's cheap enough). You guys want to try to rustle up a group to go on Saturday? We can meet up and show them what kind of power these trucks can produce.

That sounds good.. think you can pull something together for Saturday?

FRDRCING
08-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Count me in. Let us know what time to be there.

99WhiteBeast
08-18-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm in but the 28th would be better for me.

SpeedyBolt
08-19-2004, 09:19 AM
I'll try to come and bring my TransAm, just dynoed the truck there! I might be installing a line mod valve in my truck this Saturday though and it is a long drive from my house to Mike's!!!

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Cool...I'll get ahold of Mike today.

Tex Arcana
08-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Cool...I'll get ahold of Mike today.
So are you gonna shoot for Saturday, or are you shooting for another day? Also, would you be willing to allow others from other clubs to show up as well?

jeff56
08-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Do you know if that $30 includes A/F readings?

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-19-2004, 10:23 AM
So are you gonna shoot for Saturday, or are you shooting for another day? Also, would you be willing to allow others from other clubs to show up as well?

Saturday is ok with me, im still trying to get ahold of the guy, hes not answering the phone, and sure bring everyone, even the SVTOA cobra guys.

Saturday OK with everyone? I can get a time soon as I talk to Mike.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Do you know if that $30 includes A/F readings?

Yes A/F is included.

Tex Arcana
08-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Saturday is ok with me, im still trying to get ahold of the guy, hes not answering the phone, and sure bring everyone, even the SVTOA cobra guys.

Saturday OK with everyone? I can get a time soon as I talk to Mike.

8/21 - Plano, TX - Lunch GTG

There's a lunch GTG on Saturday, Cozymel's in Plano, at 11am... perhaps I can help roll these together and turn it into a helluva GTG... :D

EDIT: Here's the link, http://forums.svttexas.com/showthread.php?t=7167 , and here are the destails:

Ok, this Satruday @ 11am:

Cozymel's Mexican Grill
5021 West Park Blvd.
Plano, Texas 75093
(972) 964-2809

I hope the weather doesn't disappoint!

Please let me know if you can attend...
coleman - DFW-SVTOA
xtremejc - SVTp
mustarrosa - SVTp
DD2000GT - SVTp
Venix - SVTp
InArmyWPride - SVTp
Tex Arcana - SVTp
Blakester - SVTp
500hp03Snake - SVTp
BigZach - SVTp
03ZincMach1 - Mach1Registry
Jesse99 - SVTp
joeySVT03 - SVTp
cobra214TX - DFW-SVTOA
True_stang - SVTp
Vanride69 - SVTp
Maybe list
Crowley
Custom2kgt
dfw99cobra
o3Cobra777

Anyone else want to go? Follow that link and post up, or IM me so I can get the info to Coleman and make sure he sets aside enough room. I'll also link this to that one, and see if we can get more to show up to the dyno, as well.

PoorSvtman
08-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Id go but i have to work
:Bullshit

Tex Arcana
08-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Okay, we've got one from SVTTexas, TonyW, who's wanting to get in this...

FRDRCING
08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
What time do we need to be at the dyno, I have some stuff to do in the morning and wont be able to make the lunch in plano but should be free by time for the dyno run.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I went out there yesturday after work to talk to mike and he had stepped out. I'v been trying to call him, and I guess his phones not hooked up yet. 817-581-6893

So, basically its first come first serve, and I know he's getting pretty popular and gaining alot of business on the weekends. So everyone has to wait their turn. How does noon sound? 12:00 ok? I know the SVTOA guys are having a GTG at 11:00 in plano for lunch and will try to make it out there afterwards.

I would say lets get there early as possible but 12:00 to 1:00 would work fine. Weather should be nice and cool too. We can just show up and hang out till its our turn.

Im going to go out there on my lunch break to let him know there's going to be a group showing up.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Ok guys, I talked to mike. We're on for tomorrow. He'll stay open as late as he needs to untill all dyno's are ran. Be there between 12 and 1.

See you all there!

Avalanche
08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I would love to be there but my baby has to go into the body shop......:flaming: .....

Stupid arse kids hit me from behind.:flaming: :flaming: :hammer: :mad:

Tex Arcana
08-20-2004, 08:42 PM
I would love to be there but my baby has to go into the body shop......:flaming: .....

Stupid arse kids hit me from behind.:flaming: :flaming: :hammer: :mad:

HOLY MOLY!!! You okay?? How bad was it?? Pics??

Avalanche
08-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Well any wreck is bad but I am not hurt I don't think. I am not going to post any pics I can barley look at her in this condition and I don't want any memories of this. Lets just say new rear bumper some work on the front bumper and supports and trailor hitch.

Tex Arcana
08-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Well any wreck is bad but I am not hurt I don't think. I am not going to post any pics I can barley look at her in this condition and I don't want any memories of this. Lets just say new rear bumper some work on the front bumper and supports and trailor hitch.

Dangit.. I hate that she's hurt, but sheesh... well, don't feel too badly, I got whacked back in '02 from behind, luckily, the lady was only doing 5mph, if that, and barely bent the bumper. Took me over a year to get it fixed, thanks to Progressive, but it's done. :D

Good to hear you're alright.

Avalanche
08-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Yea this was a three car pileup and he kid that hit the lady that hit me that drove my front bumpre into the ground was going about 45 or 50. :flaming:

The only thing I was worried about was the lady that was the meat in the sandwich. She was about 65 yrs old and her car was literly F'ed up.

Tex Arcana
08-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Yea this was a three car pileup and he kid that hit the lady that hit me that drove my front bumpre into the ground was going about 45 or 50. :flaming:

The only thing I was worried about was the lady that was the meat in the sandwich. She was about 65 yrs old and her car was literly F'ed up.

:confused: how did that bury your bumper into the pavement??

Avalanche
08-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Well I saw that he was going to hit the lady behind me so I tried to jump out of the way but she caught me when my bumper was down and then I hit my breaks the same time she hit me so that forced my front end down further than normal.:hammer:

Tex Arcana
08-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Well I saw that he was going to hit the lady behind me so I tried to jump out of the way but she caught me when my bumper was down and then I hit my breaks the same time she hit me so that forced my front end down further than normal.:hammer:

Is your truck lowered?

Shoot.. forget the body shop... dyno it "as is"... :d j/k I hope it'll be alright...

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys for showing up at the dyno, had a good time meeting you all. And I know Mike enjoys the business.

FRDRCING
08-22-2004, 10:26 PM
I think mike now knows just what a Lightning can do after yesterday.

Tex Arcana
08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
I think mike now knows just what a Lightning can do after yesterday.

Well, hurry up and post the dyno sheets!! :d

lightningrob
08-23-2004, 07:41 PM
nice meeting you guys saturday. i think we have mike talked into trading in his dodge for a lightning. after terry installs and tunes the SCT on mine sometime in september, i'll take it back up there. can't beat $30 dyno pulls.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-25-2004, 08:45 AM
nice meeting you guys saturday. i think we have mike talked into trading in his dodge for a lightning. after terry installs and tunes the SCT on mine sometime in september, i'll take it back up there. can't beat $30 dyno pulls.

Yours ran well on saturday Rob, after you left I ran a 418 / 495. You cant beat 30 buck dynos, Mikes a cool guy too.