PDA

View Full Version : "Joint Cruise"

1BADTK
07-30-2002, 01:03 PM
And I don' t mean community smoking either.

Say HALO Cruise's North while Talon Cruise's South and we meet somewhere for lunch, dinner and a parking lot BS and photo shoot?

:twitch:

George G.
07-30-2002, 01:47 PM
I'd be willing to cruise to Houston. Besides, What is between here and Houston....dessert? Cacti?

tliss
07-30-2002, 01:54 PM
I think this would be pretty cool. Keep me posted.

Tom

MadNess
07-30-2002, 01:59 PM
:tu: im game! :banana:

TXBLU
07-30-2002, 02:08 PM
Let's do it!!! Just about any Saturday or Sunday would be cool. Where is a good half-way point?

Crawford
07-30-2002, 02:59 PM
I have to drive to Houston the weekend of the 16th anyway. We can just do it on the 17th :D

Red2002
07-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Buffalo or Centerville would be a great meeting place. Not a whole lot to do in either village though.

I'm in Houston about 3 times a month, but have yet to take the L down there. I'd also like to check out Kyle's shop since we would be 'in the area'.

Late

blueoval01
07-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Well, Centerville is actually 1/2 way, but there isn't much there. I got to know Centerville fairly well this past Sunday.
Huntsville is a bit down the road toward HALO. Maybe we could get all the L's next to a guard tower and all that barbed wire for "special" effects ....:eek2:

Todd
07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
If it were the 17th I could make it!:tu:

GDBY-55
07-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Lets Do Austin....Make It A Three Way.............

Silver_2000
07-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GDBY-55
Lets Do Austin....Make It A Three Way.............

GREAT IDEA

Tony2000
07-30-2002, 10:56 PM
I'm in this one too
I just picture it 5----10----15----- 20-----LIGHTNINGS
going on the HWY one behind another
tolking about eye catcher :eek2: :eek2:
just crusing:burnout:

L8 APEX
07-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Man how many would make it there without getting stopped:D I say we do Austin sometime in the fall maybe early Oct. Too many of us to cruise the hill country we'll have to save that for the sport bikes;) Hmm, planning:rolleyes:

MadNess
07-31-2002, 09:12 AM
Hey Tony2000, every month, Halo does a group caravan out to our racetrack in Sealy, we usually have 25 to 30 trucks on the cruise, its a cool feeling riding in the big group. We get LOTS of stares from poeple :)

1BADTK
07-31-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

GREAT IDEA

Lets see what we can come up with for Austin, say in mid October. Is there a good spot there where we all can gather, BS, eat, and shot pictures. How about it, yo Austin dudes, you listening?

tliss
07-31-2002, 02:13 PM
Doug or anyone else,

Has this been posted on F150Online yet? How about NLOC? I haven't seen it, but we can drum up some Austin interest there as well!

Tom

Ripster
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Don't forget that a little drag strip just north of Austin in Round Rock. Three groups of truck and a race track. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

GDBY-55
07-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Ripster
Don't forget that a little drag strip just north of Austin in Round Rock. Three groups of truck and a race track. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Now thats sounding even better!!!:banana:

Crawford
08-01-2002, 09:23 AM
Good idea on the track. We can meet for a late lunch/photo session then mosy on over to the track for a mini-shootout!!! This is sounding better already!!!

MadNess
08-01-2002, 10:02 AM
mmmmmm hummmmmmmmmm, I feel like chicken tonight! :d

Just kidding guys, I would love to do this, im with Crawford, sounding better and better every day :) :banana: :banana:

Ripster
08-01-2002, 09:52 PM
When I hung out with the Syclone/Typhoon groups they rented the track for the day and tore up the Austin area 5.0 club. The name of the track is Temple Acadamy Dragway. Someone run this by the other groups and see if they are up for some grude matches. I'm in for sure.

TXBLU
08-03-2002, 03:39 PM
I am all over going to Round Rock. Let's make it on the 19th of October. We can all (Talon folks) meet up at about 9:00am, cruise down together, and meet up with the Houston and Austin folks. I think we could set a record for the largest gathering of stricktly Lightnings on the planet! We could even call the Guinness's people and see if we can be in the record book!!! As a matter of fact, I just did that and will let everyone know what they say. This could be the best event the Lightning community has ever seen. Maybe we should try to get folks from all around Texas, Oklahoma, Louisianna, N. M., etc, to try to join in! Couldn't hurt...Oh, by the way, we could make it an overnight trip and party in Austin Saturday night while we're at it.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

99WhiteBeast
08-05-2002, 01:30 PM
My brother just told me they have a Bonedaddy's in North Austin:tu:

I say we do a lunch/dinner thing there and then head to the track for a L shootout:burnout:

Lil Nicky88
08-05-2002, 01:57 PM
I would love to see some of these trucks run. Especially after an afternoon of RC's chicky fried steak and some bonedaddy's girls. That would be pure heaven on earth for me. :d

TXBLU
08-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Uhhh, I won't be able to do the Bonedaddy's thing. The wife wants to go if it's an overnight party in Austin thing. Oh well. I'm thinking there are others who might want a less exotic place to party that night.....:burnout:

George G.
08-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Uhhh Eric, I don't think Bonedaddy's is all that exotic. It's sorta like Hooter's. A place to eat with a really nice view.:twitch: I wasn't sure if you thought it was a topless bar or somethin' so I thought I'd let ya know. Now if you're CAUGHT checkin out the selection, you might get yourself into some trouble with the wife....been there:hammer:

TXBLU
08-05-2002, 06:56 PM
George, Thanks for the info. I've never been to a Bonedaddy's so I wasn't sure. That would work for a warm-up spot. The wife would really like to get a room and party the night away in Austin (after all the group stuff is done anyway). I hope this all gets worked out. I think it will be a blast!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BlkLightning
08-05-2002, 08:55 PM
I'm interested, someone get the officially unofficial email list started so we can spam eachother with updates. :banana: :d

Actionpike
08-07-2002, 03:19 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Someone keep me in touch or post a date and time so that I can plan to take off from work.

tliss
08-08-2002, 07:40 AM
I just posted this on F150Online and NLOC. Hopefully we'll drum up some interest there.

Tom

Paul Gamino
08-09-2002, 10:45 AM
Oct. 19th would be the middle of the month. If no date is set in stone yet, I think this would be perfect. Count me and the wife in on this historic event.

Paul

Caka
08-09-2002, 10:13 PM
There is no drag strip in Round Rock!!!!! There was one there 25 to 30 years ago but has been shut down for .....you guessed it 25 to 30 years:D Bone Daddys is almost like Hooters but a little more expensive and a little better menue. I'v been there once and it was OK. Hopefully us ALOC guys can help with this and get something nice set up. We are focused on FFW right now but we will be definantly be involved with this too:tu: Ill be in touch:beer:

CruiseL99
08-10-2002, 02:19 AM
I think I'll go too. I haven't seen you guys in a while.:rolleyes:

1BADTK
08-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Caka
There is no drag strip in Round Rock!!!!! There was one there 25 to 30 years ago but has been shut down for .....you guessed it 25 to 30 years:D Bone Daddys is almost like Hooters but a little more expensive and a little better menue. I'v been there once and it was OK. Hopefully us ALOC guys can help with this and get something nice set up. We are focused on FFW right now but we will be definantly be involved with this too:tu: Ill be in touch:beer:

Thanks Caka for the heads up. No race track required, we are saving that for a Hallisville Rally at the end of this year. Bone Daddy's sound perfect, just get me a address so I can put it on the cruise route map for HALO.
Seeya in Ennis.

Ripster
08-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Sorry for the misinformation. The drag strip is actualy in Temple.

1BADTK
08-11-2002, 11:46 AM
On our calendar is set for the 20th, Sunday. No racing scheduled, just cruising, eats, and parking lot BS.

To many of our club members work on Saturday and race local brackets point race for a Saturday.

We will be planning with TALON a Hallsville Rally this year for some friendly grudge matches this winter. Novermer - January Hallsville is open every weekend, weather permitting. This would be a good overnight trip for us and TALON and give us a weekend of racing together.

99SVT
08-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Hey,

I'm ready for this whenever y'all are. Just give me a day, and I'll be there.

Crawford
08-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 1BADTK
Novermer - January Hallsville is open every weekend, weather permitting.

If this is true this is going to be the best winter of my life!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BigBob
08-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Looking forward to joint Austin and Hallsville events. I will be going to Austin on Thursday, Friday or Saturday (depending on work schedule) so that I can do some extra sight seeing and partying and then join the rest on Sunday for get together and ride home. If anyone else is in town early, be glad to hook up at track for drags or autox, sight seeing, 6th (?) street or whatever.

curtis75051
08-16-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Paul Gamino
Oct. 19th would be the middle of the month. If no date is set in stone yet, I think this would be perfect. Count me and the wife in on this historic event.

Paul

Thats about when I am thinking. It will be a little cooler, and the trucks will run better.
:banana: :beer:

BlkLightning
08-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Someone pick a day and put it in the calendar :)

TX SVT LIGHTNING
08-20-2002, 12:01 PM
after running some errands this past weekend around here,

1) the spot a lot of the locals meet up at on Sat. evenings would be a good one for sunday afternoon it's on I-35 at the Hwy 79 (sam bass rd.) exit in Round Rock. It's the Round Rock west shopping center that has several food joints like Gatti-Land Pizza (big place), Pok-e-Joes BBQ, Thundercloud Subs, Chinese Food place and Taco Bell, plus an Eckerds store in there as well. There is a vacant Bells & few other shops so the parking should be ok by these places.

2) La Frontera, fairly new shopping center (also off I-35 in Round Rock at the 1325/Louis Henna Blvd exit) lots of parking out away from the stores, one is even closed on Sunday (Hobby Lobby) Food close by in the huge complex includes: Schlotzskys, Applebees, Red Hot & Blue BBQ, Logans, Red Lobster, TGI-Fridays, Olive Garden, Hooters (very limited parking), Krispy Kremes, Maggie Moo's Ice Cream and I'm sure a couple othes I missed.

3) will keep an eye open for more http://members.aol.com/txsvtlightning/smilies/burnout.gif

MadMax
08-23-2002, 01:16 AM
The relatively new Bonedaddies on 183 at Duval is an excellent idea! :D I lived down the street from there (MOPAC & Duval-Austin Cablevision) and built what was one of the first CLEC/DLEC in Texas. Time-Warner (US WEST) partnership. Those were the days. And that was just 1994!!! :eek: How times changed! LOL If anyone stays for an extended time make sure you get BBQ from Rudy's across from Bonedaddies! Rudy's started in San Antonio out off of I-10 going towards El Paso. These places Rock!

Bass Road is ok...the female species is in Bonedaddies though :D Did Round Rock ever get a Hooters? :D

Red2002
10-10-2002, 11:48 AM
TTT

Suggested by Rick:

1) the spot a lot of the locals meet up at on Sat. evenings would be a good one for sunday afternoon it's on I-35 at the Hwy 79 (sam bass rd.) exit in Round Rock. It's the Round Rock west shopping center that has several food joints like Gatti-Land Pizza (big place), Pok-e-Joes BBQ, Thundercloud Subs, Chinese Food place and Taco Bell, plus an Eckerds store in there as well. There is a vacant Bells & few other shops so the parking should be ok by these places.

2) La Frontera, fairly new shopping center (also off I-35 in Round Rock at the 1325/Louis Henna Blvd exit) lots of parking out away from the stores, one is even closed on Sunday (Hobby Lobby) Food close by in the huge complex includes: Schlotzskys, Applebees, Red Hot & Blue BBQ, Logans, Red Lobster, TGI-Fridays, Olive Garden, Hooters (very limited parking), Krispy Kremes, Maggie Moo's Ice Cream and I'm sure a couple othes I missed.

Krzcwby
10-14-2002, 04:32 AM
I'm confused has anyone picked anything yet? I vote for a Sunday that way I can go. Sounds like a lot of fun.

TX SVT LIGHTNING
10-14-2002, 08:46 AM
Sounds like a bust no major interest :(

Crawford
10-14-2002, 10:12 AM
I agree. I am going to pass on this trip. Maybe we can try to get another meet together some other time... :(

98Cobra
10-14-2002, 10:12 AM
I am out. My sister's birthday is the 18th, and we are going out for her birthday. I doubt I will be in any shape to get up e-a-r-l-y the next morning and drive to Austin.

Maybe next time!

1BADTK
10-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Yes, its still on for Sunday, meeting at Bonedaddy's on the North Side of Austin, TX around 1:00 PM for lunch, and parking lot BS with pictures.
Come if you can, if not, we understand with all the confussion.

SeeYa :D

1BADTK
10-20-2002, 08:54 PM
This was a lot of fun, and we will do it again. Maybe next time we will head North and meet up with you guys.
Austin Cruise (http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/modules/gallery/Crusin)

L8 APEX
10-20-2002, 11:02 PM
I see some sun in those pics. We had over 5" of rain Friday and Saturday. I drove 10 miles to Hooters and that was enough for me.. More rain all week long for D/FW:mad: Maybe the future will hold a better trip for Texas Lightning owners to gather. Congrats to those who braved the conditions:tu: