PDA

View Full Version : Free Mod's to Lightning

SpeedyBolt
08-19-2004, 09:03 AM
How many different free or home-made mods are there for the L's. I have heard of a few but wanted to get ya'lls opinion and feedback. I know for my TransAm there were a bunch of thing that the manufacture did to keep the power down and just some simple modification could fix this(e.g. Egr tube removal, Ram Air, Thottlebody coolant by-pass) Are there any of these type thing that ford did to these trucks to supress the power?

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-19-2004, 09:17 AM
None, that I would do. These trucks are very efficiant stock. Some guys remove the EGR, and some like to do the boost bypass valve mod, but I feel like its all on there for a reason. Ford, for the most part seems to have done their homework on these trucks (unlike GM on the TA) :rll: J/K

Shiner1
08-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Throttlebody coolant bypass??? Did I miss a mod or a bolt on?:confused:

SpeedyBolt
08-19-2004, 09:23 AM
On the Camaro's and TransAm's, the coolant from the radaitor passes through the throttlebody on its way back to the radiator from the engine. They say it is to help it start or something when its cold outside. :Bullshit

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Hmm...never seen that before.

ken cryder
08-19-2004, 01:07 PM
the list of home made mods is long . the biggest bang for the buck is a extra one or two cool boxes for the inter cooler . the colder you can get the air the more power you will make .

ken

REXRENEGADE
08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Free? I don't think I have ever seen Free. :cool:

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-19-2004, 03:19 PM
the list of home made mods is long . the biggest bang for the buck is a extra one or two cool boxes for the inter cooler . the colder you can get the air the more power you will make .

ken

Thats the only homemade mod I have, and for me it was free! woo hoo. :banana: works good too.

my2002lightning
08-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Wasn't there some guy on f150online.com L board that fabbed up a one-off cold-air box out of a small Rubbermaid trashcan ? :confused: :D

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105800&highlight=rubbermaid