PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

BC Lightning
08-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I was looking at different Lightning sites and I had seen the powercooler and supercooler before, but didnt really know much about them. Just wondering if someone would share some info.

-Michael

http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=17

http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=16

ghostt
08-23-2004, 11:56 PM
almost look like a can compresser we use here at work to cool but for a diffenet reasons , not sure of how it really works the one here the books in french so im lost ,.

splitty0110
08-24-2004, 12:52 AM
i was thinking about getting either one but i don't really know how they work or the difference between them either..."dramatic increase in horsepower and torque" sounds good to me though!!!!!!

ghostt
08-24-2004, 12:57 AM
we use are set up to cool down plastic but the lil bugger makes a lot of heat to do it by compressing the air in to a tight stream that when we play with it we have been able to make a hell of a mess not sure how this could be dont with what i c there . the unit we have needs 480 volts to run .

L8 APEX
08-24-2004, 09:57 AM
It is a good temporary device for drag racing. It is basically a water tank you stuff ice into and as it melts it keeps the IC fluid cooler.

BC Lightning
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Terry, would it be worth getting, and if so which one?

03LightningRocks
08-24-2004, 07:58 PM
I looked at those about 18 months ago. It seems he is about the only vendor selling that particular one. It looks like a converted fuel cell to me. Some of the guys have made their own for a heck of alot less money.

I sent an email to JL asking him a couple technical questions about it......that was 18 months ago...still no answer. I guess he has all the money he needs.

Now I have changed my mind about getting one....watching the fellows use them at the track, It looks like a pain in the arse. They can burn through a 10lb bag of ice in one run from what I understand.

Rocks

BC Lightning
08-24-2004, 10:05 PM
thanks for the info rocks, just seems like money i could spend else where

PoorSvtman
08-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I built one out of a big cooler from target and some copper tubing... i have about maybe 50 bones tide up into it..... Few of my friends did most of it for me as im lazy and they didnt have jobs at the time

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Thats what I have inplace of my battery, except a home made job. Drops air temps quite abit. Yea, It makes HP, engines like cool air, blow engines need cool air, our L's LOVE cold air. It make around from 15-25 rwhp, ive dyno tested my homemade cooler, same as JLP but smaller and a hellova lot cheaper.