PDA

View Full Version : Interesting afternoon at Bankston / Frisco

my2002lightning
08-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Well, I'm at the Ford-house this afternoon and getting an appt. to see about the tie-rod inspection thing.

Afterwards, I pull around front to check out the line-up of new Cobras and this brand-new black lifted F-250 4x4 4-door Turbo-Diesel. The thing looked TOUGH!:bows

I hear this employee ask, "You on TALON?" (sees decal). I say yeah. We get to talking and, turns out, he knows Terry - I'm thinking "Oh dayum, here we go...." :D

Steve Hammonds is the guy's name - nice fellow and he surfs TALON often from work.

Turns out, he's a laid-off HP / IT guy. This town's full of us - we b1tched about out-sourcing to India for a while, also. :rolleyes:

Steve, if/when you read this... good meeting you! :tu:

We're talk SVT offerings at length especially about the new GT and the Gen. 3 L.

Here's the short of it from what I've gathered:

Next month: There's going to be a RED GT (yeah, that's right! RED, b1tches! :tu: ) hitting the ground at Bankston/Frisco. I plan on being there with the L for pics, unless I'm out of town for work.:cool: I hear H-Town calling.

Gen III L: The inside track is that it'll still be 500/500 but maybe not with the IRS, since under hard-acceleration, the a$$-end wants to walk around to the front during the testing-phase.

There's alot still up-in-the-air and they're still rigorously testing the Gen. III it seems.

Getting back to earlier, I asked Steve earlier "Your on TALON huh?". "Yep". I told Steve that I'm that "my2002lightning" guy that everyone seems to clown-on and where the "Ronaldism" smilie was originated.

Made for a good laugh! :D

Small world....

Tex Arcana
08-25-2004, 12:59 PM
So what was the word on the tie-rods?

r1eater
08-25-2004, 01:43 PM
They had that mustang down here at the dealership lasr week. Also, apparently Ford has a test facility called mustang ranch down here in SA. Last year Ford had a major dealer meeting or something down here and they took them out there to see the new trucks. Rumor was they had an L they were testing.

skalywags
08-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Next month: There's going to be a RED GT (yeah, that's right! RED, b1tches! :tu: ) hitting the ground at Bankston/Frisco ....
that's to attract the girls, the kids and the ricers. They'll have some real colors, eventually! Don't worry!! knana

my2002lightning
08-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Well, to start the day off - this is sorta' funny - I open the garage door and hop in the L. I started the truck and forgot I left the garage door in my pocket as I normally put it in the overhead console.

Evidently, I bumped the opener button and didn't realize I had started to shut the garage door. I can't hear the door shutting because of the exhaust rumble.

It dawns on me: "Why the h#ll is it getting dark in here and why is the garage filling up with smoke?" :hammer: :rll:

Anyway, the tie-rods are fine and as I was driving away, I realized they didn't give me my locking lug-nut "key" back from the tire rotation. I had to turn around and get it back from them. :rolleyes: I need to go down to the garage and make sure all the lug-nuts are tight later. :cool:

Well, I was killing a little time with one eye on the L and asked the Bankston Mgrs. about ESPs. The 5 yr./100k mile runs $2,260 and the 6yr./100k runs $2,555. :eek2: Hmm.

I asked this Mgr. about what mods, if any, are covered. He pointed me to the Svc. Mgr. It's funny the Finance Mgr. who sells the ESPs told me ANY mod will void a warranty.:rolleyes:

This is probably "old-hat" for many here, but, basically, anything short of a chip/pulley on a stock L will be warrantied, according to the Svc. Mgr.

He did tell me a cold-air, cat-backs, aftermkt. deeper trans/diff. pans, the FRPP 1"/2" drop, etc. would be "warranty friendly". I should have asked about FTVBs, but I don't know off-hand if you need a chip with that.

Also, me switching to Royal Purple is fine as long as I show receipts, etc. of changing it out and at what intervals. I don't know about oil-changes, but I've added 2qts of RP 5w-20 to the original 6 qts. at 22K miles and I'm just over 24K miles now. :confused:

Well, on the drive back on Preston, I run up on this RED '03 Anniv. Cobra coupe with a mean sounding exhaust! Turns out it has a Bassani X-Pipe with only one set of cats versus the stock 6 Adam says. 6 cats?

We rev on each other a coupla' times at speed and pull over to talk for a while. I asked why his rear rims are all beat-up. Turns out he "lost control" at speed and smacked a curb pretty hard recently and busted some struts/rims/etc.:hammer:

Those things are very torquey from a take-off even with no chip/pulley.:bows
The funny thing is, this guy Adam, could've passed for Andrew/microsuck's brother. I thought thats who it was at first.

Here's a coupla' pics of what that model year looks like:

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select39/chriss2.JPG

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select39/chriss1.JPG

I'm starting to like the DSG rims on red SVT vehicles.

blueoval01
08-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Did you ask whether the WWFB groups are covered under warrenty? :rll:
Either the work or the re-embursment of beer consumed?

Silver_2000
08-25-2004, 05:01 PM
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select39/chriss2.JPG

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select39/chriss1.JPG

Who is the face down by the bumper ?

my2002lightning
08-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Don't know. I just googled for some pics of that model year.

Tex Arcana
08-25-2004, 05:42 PM

it's t3h 1nTaRw3B 6H05T... :rll: