PDA

View Full Version : where does this go?

SILVER2000SVT
08-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Can anybody tell me where this hose is supposed to go?

There is a rubber hose hanging down from one of the bed cross supports. It's right inline (front to back) with the rear axle and about a foot or so inward past the rear wheel well on the drivers side.

I was thinking it was possibly a differential vent but I couldn't find any place on the differential that it would go, so that's probably not it.

Thanks,

Jason

PoorSvtman
08-25-2004, 07:05 PM
the vent tube on the diff is up on the top side by the speed sensor i believe... If thats not it stop by my work we can look at it and look at mine to see what exactly it is

my2002lightning
08-25-2004, 08:25 PM
I was wondering that myself...

ghostt
08-25-2004, 09:10 PM
can any one out there give me the address to p/r im still new be easy id like to have my l looked at to know what has been done to it and what i need done to get to 500+ hp , im use to a lot less stuff backed under a hood and a good part of it that passes out the hood thanks

TP Derrick D
08-25-2004, 09:37 PM
tcole@performanceresearchonline.com Ph# (214)923-0045
Don't know the physical address ,just know where it is and how to get there.
Call the number above and I'm sure Terry can give you directions

ghostt
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
thanks would still like an address if anyones out there and knows to hard to get home from a 13 hr day and get back out the dr , easier to just head out that way and then go home and try and get sleep

wesman
08-26-2004, 08:18 AM
thanks would still like an address if anyones out there and knows to hard to get home from a 13 hr day and get back out the dr , easier to just head out that way and then go home and try and get sleep
Check out his forum under supporting vendors. I beleive it's there.

--wes

Sixpipes
08-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Can anybody tell me where this hose is supposed to go?

There is a rubber hose hanging down from one of the bed cross supports. It's right inline (front to back) with the rear axle and about a foot or so inward past the rear wheel well on the drivers side.

Thanks,

Jason
That would be the gas tank vent tube I think. :cool:

SILVER2000SVT
08-26-2004, 11:13 AM
That would be the gas tank vent tube I think. :cool:
That's a possibility, where would it go to on the tank? because I always thought that the second tube that runs right beside the main filler tube was the only vent for a fuel tank.

Mike, as far as the differential housing, I still can't find where it would go into the differential housing, I was feeling around in the speed sensor area but with no luck, however that is about the amount of slack that I have.

PoorSvtman
08-26-2004, 11:58 AM
give me a call we can compare our trucks and find out where it goes.. 817-939-5924

ill be at work till 6...

PoorSvtman
08-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Got it taken care of... The axle vent tube is near the drivers side sway bar mount on the axle.. Looks like his hotchkis sway bar broke it off.

SILVER2000SVT
08-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Got it taken care of... The axle vent tube is near the drivers side sway bar mount on the axle.. Looks like his hotchkis sway bar broke it off.
Mike,

Thanks for the peek at your truck. I just have to get new nipple to screw into the axle, and figure out how to reposition the sway bar so that it's not in the way. I think that I'm going to have to bend the brake lines out of the way a little.

Jason

PoorSvtman
08-27-2004, 06:38 PM
no prob... figured since u work right down the road from me and it was easier on you...