PDA

View Full Version : My bad luck strikes again

Krystle
08-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Well as some may know my tranny decided to crap out on me about 2 months ago.. My truck has been running like a new champ since then.. I was thinking my bad luck run was out of the way.. Well so much for thinking..

On my way to satisfy my 9PM hunger of pancakes at IHOP last Saturday a crappy Toyota Corolla decided to rearend me going 45MPH while im stopped at a red light... His excuse was he thought I was going to run the red light because he was in a hurry to get to the movie theater. NOW my poor truck has been in the Ford shop since yesterday since his insurance decided to pay because I have an attorney now.. they dont expect me to see my truck for a while..
The whole ***end of the truck is totaled!!!:flaming:

Who knows the whole entire damage yet... All I know is I'm hurt now because of the inpatient kid that wanted to get to the movies to see his girlfriend... Looks like I have several months of hospital visits and procedures ahead of me..

Hope everyone elses luck has been better!! I wouldnt wish this upon anyone.. The only good thing I can say is they letting me drive a 2005 Chevy Z71 until my truck is fixed... Its not MY truck but it will do until she gets out of the shop and running again..

Silver_2000
08-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Hope you get to feeling better.

Doug

Nuhklz
08-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Hope you and your truck feel better soon.

Dealing with rice is bad enough but when they attack, something should be done!

my2002lightning
08-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Krystle,

Sorry to hear and hope you get well soon! :)

03LightningRocks
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Geeze Ronald...........do you ever give it a break:hammer: . Start your own damned thread for your personal escapades. Then whenever you get the "one Up" urge, you can just post a link for anyone that, GIVES A CRAP, to click on:throw: .

Back to Krystle.........hey Girl....sorry to hear you where injured. I haven't heard from you in awhile. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out in any way.

Ron

my2002lightning
08-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Rocks,

You missed the point completely.

Geeze Ronald...........do you ever give it a break:hammer: . Start your own damned thread for your personal escapades. Then whenever you get the "one Up" urge, you can just post a link for anyone that, GIVES A CRAP, to click on:throw: .

Back to Krystle.........hey Girl....sorry to hear you where injured. I haven't heard from you in awhile. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out in any way.

Ron

99WhiteBeast
08-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Kyrstle,

Glad you're not seriousely injured and sorry to hear about the truck.

I would call in the "Texas Hammer" and get the money you deserve girl:evil

cpeapea
08-26-2004, 06:00 PM
sucks your truck got molested, hope it comes out looking as good as new. cars can be fixed, humans cant, be glad you are ok.

now go have a:beer:

sonicbluetommy
08-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Haven't met you but I know the pain of not having your L for several weeks, and the pain of an accident injury.

I broke my collarbone in motorcycle accident (Blazer stopped across both of my lanes of traffic). I had to live with it broken for 9 months before the doc decided to operate on it. Needless to say 18 months and 2 surgerys later the shoulder is about 95%.

It does make a great weather tool though, as I can always tell when there is a storm coming about 6 hours before it hits.

I wish you and your L luck in recovering--speedy in both cases and I am sure if you ask, anyone on here will gladly lend you a hand if you need it. Even if its as simple as mowing the lawn, just ask!

Tommy

PoorSvtman
08-26-2004, 06:16 PM
That sucks.

Silver_2000
08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Rocks,

You missed the point completely.
Ronald
His point is that nearly every time you reply to something you add a "one time at band camp " personal experience. Many times its tough to see how your reply relates to the post...
Thats why we came up with the :ron: .....

Doug

jcblack
08-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear about it Krystle, hope that you get better soon.

my2002lightning
08-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Doug,

My sole point was that traffic accidents are serious business and I hope no one on TALON, or anyone for that matter, has to live through that experience.:o

Bottom line as a reminder to all: Watch yourself out there!

That car door / crash incident just threw me in an "Oprah moment" earlier, I suppose.

BTW, I hope you aren't trying to stifle my :ron: creativity. :D

Tommy,

On a serious note, Mom can feel a storm about 1-3 days away through her right arm as you can, too.

Ronald
His point is that nearly every time you reply to something you add a "one time at band camp " personal experience. Many times its tough to see how your reply relates to the post...
Thats why we came up with the :ron: .....

Doug

L1nt2B
08-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Hope you feel better soon...sorry :(

Crawford
08-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident! I hope you and the truck get patched up soon.

Ronald,
On the subject of http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gifs... When you do the one time at band camp routine it definitely looks like you are doing some thread hijacking. I'm with Ron on this one... I guess I just dont get it either. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

REXRENEGADE
08-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Where's that Tony Soprano guy when you need him! :cool:

my2002lightning
08-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Crawford,

Thread hijacking was never my intention. Post edited.:cool:

Sorry to hear about the accident! I hope you and the truck get patched up soon.

Ronald,
On the subject of http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gifs... When you do the one time at band camp routine it definitely looks like you are doing some thread hijacking. I'm with Ron on this one... I guess I just dont get it either. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

L-Fever
08-27-2004, 11:20 AM
That bites! Get well soon and good luck with your truck repairs!

bobbywade69
08-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Sorry 2 hear that really sux, get well!:tu:

Krystle
08-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys!!

Ronalds posts and everyone getting on him gives me a good laugh every now and then!! I know he means no harm to everyones posts!!:evil

Tex Arcana
08-28-2004, 12:20 AM

Ron

Geez, dude, get a tampon... :beer:

Ronald, kep up the good work.. I enjoy your little ditties... :d

03LightningRocks
08-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Geez, dude, get a tampon... :beer:

Ronald, kep up the good work.. I enjoy your little ditties... :d

Maybe you and Ronald can go swap stories in a thread you set up for it:Bullshit

PoorSvtman
08-28-2004, 02:24 AM
I normaly read the entire post and will come back and read Ronalds reply. Kinda like 2 threads in one. I guess its like the mcdonalds 2 for $2 breakfast

But i wrecked my truck about a year ago this month :ron:

Tex Arcana
08-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Maybe you and Ronald can go swap stories in a thread you set up for it:Bullshit

Chill, man.. it's how humans *do* things, relating stories to each other to reinforce the point.

03LightningRocks
08-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Chill, man.. it's how humans *do* things, relating stories to each other to reinforce the point.Actually, that is not really true. What you are talking about is known as a B.S. session. If one is thinking of a story to tell in response to something they are being told, they are showing they have no interest in you or what you are saying, only an interest in themselves.

Now of coarse, none of this has anything to do with the thread topic, which now makes you and I rude for not sticking with the conversation as started by Krystle. So unless you have more well thought out one liners, such as "Get aTampon" or "Chill Man", maybe it would be considerate of us not to continue this "life lesson" on Krystle's thread.

Rocks:cool:

Tex Arcana
08-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Actually, that is not really true. What you are talking about is known as a B.S. session. If one is thinking of a story to tell in response to something they are being told, they are showing they have no interest in you or what you are saying, only an interest in themselves.

Now of coarse, none of this has anything to do with the thread topic, which now makes you and I rude for not sticking with the conversation as started by Krystle. So unless you have more, well thought out one liners, such as "Get aTampon" or "Chill Man", maybe it would be considerate of us not to continue this, "life lesson", on Krystle's thread.

Rocks:cool:

[/thread derailment]:rolleyes:

skalywags
08-28-2004, 05:40 PM
two things -
1) Krystle I hate to see that happened to you and the L. I hope evrything gets back together, the way it's supposed to, for you and the truck.
2) Ronald's little :ron: posts are entertaining. they are a part of the forum now that we would miss if they stop!

03LightningRocks
08-28-2004, 05:44 PM
two things -
.....snip
2) Ronald's little :ron: posts are entertaining. they are a part of the forum now that we would miss if they stop!Absolutely............as is the occasional irratation it inspires:d . It would make for a very dull forum without all the different characters/personalities involved.

It keeps the place hopping:rll:

my2002lightning
08-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Rocks,

Hey @sshole, let's keep this thread on topic!:hammer: :D

Where have I heard that before, Uncle Rocks? :nono: :rolleyes:

Start your own thread if you boneheads want to psycho-analyze the vagaries of human nature and various TALON posting styles.:D

I suppose the spirit and intent of my initial reply to Krystal (and I believe many other posts it seems) was "lost in translation".

I hope all is well, Krystle with you and your Lightning.

Hmm, nice and "vanilla" reply, how's that? :rolleyes:

No more :ron: s until Rocks apologizes to me! :rll:

Just messin' with you, Uncle Rocks. :tu:

MrsMy2002Lightning
08-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi Krystle,

Hope you're ok girly. :)

I know the L's are very important to all of you, but the fact that you're ok is way more important than the truck.

Who knows, maybe you'll get a new L out of the deal :) hehe

03LightningRocks
08-28-2004, 09:14 PM
No more :ron: s until Rocks apologizes to me! :rll:

Just messin' with you, Uncle Rocks. :tu:

I don't believe you:rolleyes: . You will continue to post long stories...and I will continue to give you duff about it:D . It has become tradition.....we just have to learn to live with it.:evil

It's all good Ronald......if it were not for posters like you and I, this forum would fall asleep from boredum..............we should keep up the good work:rll: .

Rocks:beer:

Tex Arcana
08-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I don't believe you:rolleyes: . You will continue to post long stories...and I will continue to give you duff about it:D . It has become tradition.....we just have to learn to live with it.:evil

It's all good Ronald......if it were not for posters like you and I, this forum would fall asleep from boredum..............we should keep up the good work:rll: .

Rocks:beer:

[thread derailement]
Alright, you... back on yer medication... you're gettin schitzo agin, and you KNOW that'll land you back in that padded room with that special coat you konw and love so much! :tongue:
[/thread derailment]

03LightningRocks
08-29-2004, 08:06 AM
[thread derailement]
Alright, you... back on yer medication... you're gettin schitzo agin, and you KNOW that'll land you back in that padded room with that special coat you konw and love so much! :tongue:
[/thread derailment]

I am really not sure how my interaction with Ronald is any of your damned business..........now get back to your pocket protector collection. Maybe search out ways you can make a post or two that actually contributes to the forum. To date I haven't recalled many.

Now keep asking for it..........I love flame wars.

Tex Arcana
08-29-2004, 03:52 PM
I am really not sure how my interaction with Ronald is any of your damned business..........now get back to your pocket protector collection. Maybe search out ways you can make a post or two that actually contributes to the forum. To date I haven't recalled many.

Now keep asking for it..........I love flame wars.

Given Doug's propensity for deleting flame wars, I'm not going to bother: as you've said before, it's his sandbox, he can do what he wants.

However, I do have the right to express my opinion on matters: if you do'nt like 'em, then put me on ignore so you do'nt have to be regaled by them. Otherwise, accept the fact that I might have differing opinions, and that I have a RIGHT to them. And if you don't like THAT, then find another country to live in, because it so happens that THIS nation's Constitution gives me the absolute RIGHT to hold and express my opinions, regardless of what other people think. :nono:

UUDLOSE
08-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Krystle -

We haven't met yet, but doesn't matter. I am sorry to hear about your accident, and hope your recovery doesn't take too long, before you are back to 100%. Hope your truck recovers as well. When you get it back, drive it through a self serv car wash, and then get out of your truck and check your tire tracks after driving in a straight line. If your wet tracks are wider than your tires, your frame is out of line. Another way to check is have someone follow behind you and watch your wheels. If it looks like you are "dog tracking", take it back to the body and frame shop and give them hell, until they get it straight. Good luck and good health.

03LightningRocks
08-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Given Doug's propensity for deleting flame wars, I'm not going to bother: as you've said before, it's his sandbox, he can do what he wants.

However, I do have the right to express my opinion on matters: if you do'nt like 'em, then put me on ignore so you do'nt have to be regaled by them. Otherwise, accept the fact that I might have differing opinions, and that I have a RIGHT to them. And if you don't like THAT, then find another country to live in, because it so happens that THIS nation's Constitution gives me the absolute RIGHT to hold and express my opinions, regardless of what other people think. :nono:

No need for the lesson on the constitution. It's not your opinions I had an issue with. It was your personal attacks towards me....so if you don't get that...it is my right to say...KISS MY ARSE.

blueoval01
08-29-2004, 06:53 PM
.......it is my right to say...KISS MY ARSE. Jeez, I though everyone at one time always KISSED YOUR ARSE. :rll:

J/K Ron.

Actually Ron is a interesting guy to talk to if your in a place where non-smokers don't try to pick a fight. :rolleyes:

And when they do ........ Oh crap, watch out. :D

sonicbluetommy
08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I saw a t-shirt today that said:

"If I change my mind we would both be wrong!"

I'm thinking about buying case and letting Doug ship them out to you guys as as he sees fit along with a sticky thread listing everyone he has sent a shirt too so the rest of us can :throw: you.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Krystle
08-30-2004, 08:47 AM
Krystle -

We haven't met yet, but doesn't matter. I am sorry to hear about your accident, and hope your recovery doesn't take too long, before you are back to 100%. Hope your truck recovers as well. When you get it back, drive it through a self serv car wash, and then get out of your truck and check your tire tracks after driving in a straight line. If your wet tracks are wider than your tires, your frame is out of line. Another way to check is have someone follow behind you and watch your wheels. If it looks like you are "dog tracking", take it back to the body and frame shop and give them hell, until they get it straight. Good luck and good health.Thanks for the info... Kinda weird because the lady at the body shop brought up that word " dog tracking"... I dont think they want to screw up on my truck though.. I think they are getting sick of hearing from me because they keep on giving me the run around on when apprx they think its going to be out of the shop..

Dang... This thread blew up!! :D

Crawford
08-30-2004, 10:39 AM
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gif: This thread makes me have fantasies about putting a bullet in my brain.

Tex Arcana
08-30-2004, 10:47 AM
No need for the lesson on the constitution. It's not your opinions I had an issue with. It was your personal attacks towards me....so if you don't get that...it is my right to say...KISS MY ARSE.

I might consider it, if you'll mow your dingleberries first... and perhaps earn my respect. :rolleyes: