PDA

View Full Version : 91 GMC Syclone

tliss
08-27-2004, 03:16 PM
http://www.dfwstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190759

Guy over on DFW stangs is selling a clean looking 91 Syclone. FYI. Looks like a great new old toy for someone.

Tom

00Bolt
08-27-2004, 04:46 PM
i used to want one of those really bad!! i never raced one or drove one, but i heard they can give us a run for our money

02BOLT
08-27-2004, 06:20 PM
I remember when those things came out. They only made them for two years, I think. Back then, they were pretty much the fastest American production vehicle out there. Light to light, from a dead stop, those things were like sling shots.:eek: Hot Rod tested one at a 13.0H, which was damn near unheard of for a factory production vehicle, especially for under $30 grand. I've seen several modified examples running mid-low 11's at the track. I think they were rated at like, 280HP or something like that.

Today, you don't see them very often, and when you do, they're usually run down. There's a guy that lives here in my complex with a gorgeous example, that is still pretty much stock. I believe he said it has about 50K miles on the ticker. Neat little trucks!:tu:

Later...:burnout:

TP Derrick D
08-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, they were out around '90-92 time frame. Also the GMC Typhoon was it's hotted -up Blazer running mate. Those things along with the Buick Grand National was ruling the "stock" streets back then.

skalywags
08-28-2004, 06:05 PM
They are quick! I test drove one, and almost bought it in '97. It had 49,000 miles on it. About that time I moved to MN. Though with AWD, it may have been nice up there for traction, I wasn't sure how it woiuld really respond to the weather as far as reliability with it being a daily driver. The wintre would have been hard on it. that thing was clean, though!

FRDRCING
08-29-2004, 12:40 PM
There is one that makes it's round up in Roanoke I see it at the Home Depot evey once in a while Very clean. Never Get a chance to get on it with him as we kow how Roanoke is about that :ron: .

skalywags
08-29-2004, 12:58 PM
yeah some of know how Roanoke is. Just got done with my Defensive Driving yesterday. 6 hours of just listen to some guy trying to make a living as a comedian. But of course it will now make me a much safer driver!!

my2002lightning
08-29-2004, 02:40 PM
It would've been good if Ford/SVT had done something like that with the Ranger back in the day. You just can't beat that power-to-weight ratio and numbers those things are crankin' out.

I seem to remember Ed (of www.onelapofamericatruck.com (http://www.onelapofamericatruck.com/) fame) encountering some stiff competition from a tricked-out Ranger.

As for full-size trucks, my brother took me for a ride in a brand-new chipped Chevy 454 SS truck in HS.

It just didn't seem all that fast by L standards, as I remember. Yes, Regan was romping on it pretty hard. knana

Hard to say.

Ronald