PDA

View Full Version : This Dog is amazing

r1eater
08-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Check this bastard out..

Magic dog (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/twoleggeddog.wmv)

blueoval01
08-28-2004, 07:27 PM
That's kewl. :tu: We all do what we gotta do. Animals seem to be more proficient than humans............ sometimes.

L1nt2B
08-28-2004, 07:38 PM
gave me the creeps :eek2:

StormShadow
08-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Heart of a Lion. He's like the frog getting eaten by the crane.

http://crazy-jokes.com/pictures/never.jpg

tliss
08-28-2004, 08:24 PM
That is really cool. Talk about adaptation. We are all to quick to euthanize an animal because they are not perfect. It takes a special person to take in an animal like that.

Now, a dog walking around like that is a little freaky to me. I almost expect the dog to go belly up to the bar and order a cold one.

Tom

my2002lightning
08-28-2004, 08:43 PM
"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"

-Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway
Heartbreak Ridge

Tex Arcana
08-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Wow. Just, WOW. :eek:

my2002lightning
08-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Well, I thought about posting on this earlier, but didn't.

One of the members in Mom's amputee support group was a ~40 year old OG&E worker working on the high-voltage lines.

One of the guys up the line "forgot" to throw the breaker or what-not and he grabbed the line.

Basically, it blew off both of his arms about the elbow and knocked him out of the bucket. The doctors say the impact with the ground ~40ft. below helped "rescusitate" him.

Basically, now he has a couple of the old-school "pincher" prosthetics and has learned to drive his stick-shift F-350 dually and run a back-hoe proficiently after the incident.

As a footnote, Mom and Dad have actually met them in OKC as they live in Lawton, OK. The interesting thing is, they've actually been on Oprah with video of him running his dually and backhoe.

BTW, serious post and I feel bad for the dog and anyone that has to live with a loss of limbs. :(

It's actually amazing what animals and humans can learn to adapt to with what they are dealt.

skalywags
08-29-2004, 01:05 PM

One of the members in Mom's amputee support group was a ~40 year old OG&E worker working on the high-voltage lines.

One of the guys up the line "forgot" to throw the breaker or what-not and he grabbed the line.

Basically, it blew off both of his arms about the elbow and knocked him out of the bucket. The doctors say the impact with the ground ~40ft. below helped "rescusitate" him.

Basically, now he has a couple of the old-school "pincher" prosthetics and has learned to drive his stick-shift F-350 dually and run a back-hoe proficiently after the incident.

As a footnote, Mom and Dad have actually met them in OKC as they live in Lawton, OK. The interesting thing is, they've actually been on Oprah with video of him running his dually and backhoe.

BTW, serious post and I feel bad for the dog and anyone that has to live with a loss of limbs. :(

It's actually amazing what animals and humans can learn to adapt to with what they are dealt.
Hey Ronald, did Uncle Rocks apologize to you?

my2002lightning
08-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Tom,

Not yet, but I think Laney's going to kick Rocks in the shin at the next TALON meet. :D

Tex Arcana
08-29-2004, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I'm extra-sensitive about lost limbs, partially because of the work I did at SMU in Senior Design on handicap assistance devices, and mostly becasue my father was an amputee from WWII: he was stationed in the Aleutians, servicing bombers in the Army Air Corps, a bomb fuse got armed in an ammo shack, and when he went to toss it, it blew just as it left his hand, and took off the first three fingers of his right hand, so I grew up watching him deal with his handicap.

skalywags
08-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Hopefully in A couple years, if I get through the prerqes, i will be going to UT southwestern for orthotics (braces) and Prosthetics (artificial limbs). I've actually helped make and fit a couple legs. It'll be good to get in a field that makes a difference by helping people, and for people who are usually really appreciative of the work you do for, and with them.

Shiner1
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
WFAA did a piece on a guy from Iraq that had lost both legs below the knee and he was getting fitted for these new prost. legs that were controlled by a computer chip and servos. The chip sensed directional changes and activated the servos to help correct odd movement and angles so that when he walked, he was able to walk more upright and normal. They cost about $157,000 each. I think that's the very least we can do for this solider. Hey, do you think we could get a tuner down to this guys place and get that chip reburned, see if we can't get a few more ponys out of those legs?

anglerx007
08-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Check this bastard out..

Magic dog (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/twoleggeddog.wmv)

Does it lift a leg to a fire hydrant?

LonghornLightning
08-30-2004, 03:14 PM
WFAA did a piece on a guy from Iraq that had lost both legs below the knee and he was getting fitted for these new prost. legs that were controlled by a computer chip and servos. The chip sensed directional changes and activated the servos to help correct odd movement and angles so that when he walked, he was able to walk more upright and normal. They cost about $157,000 each. I think that's the very least we can do for this solider Hey, do you think we could get a tuner down to this guys place and get that chip reburned, see if we can't get a few more ponys out of those legs?

Lmao ,i'll be the first to laugh at this. :evil