PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrr

blueoval01
07-31-2002, 06:52 PM
The last few days my router has been crazy with activity even though all the computers on the network are shut down. Looks like someone has hacked the router and changed my user name and password.
F**king A** ...... I'd love to get my hands on the SOB and hang them by their nuts .....

Man, am I ****ed!!! and prolly won't get too much support from Linksys either .....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry, venting a bit here

Silver_2000
07-31-2002, 11:32 PM
Just do a reset - I think you just need a pencil and hold the reset in while you power cycle it
Linksys site should have detailed instructions
It should reset the admin username and password to defaults. That is the cool thing about having the router in your hands .. You can ALWAYS get back into it...

Doug

Crawford
08-01-2002, 09:21 AM
Also make sure you download the latest software for your linksys router and flash that thing asap!

blueoval01
08-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Doug / Sam

Done & Done ......
Got it back to the default settings. Re-entered the MAC address and all the pertinent data.
The activity continues, so I need to spend some time with the log file and maybe close some ports on the router.

Seems strange this would happen with NAT running .... ??

:nono:

Crawford
08-01-2002, 11:05 AM
That is odd. Does it look like data going out or data trying to come in? I have one of those routers but I cant remember what the lights are on it since I dont live in an area that offers broadband anymore, the router has been in a box since Feb.

blueoval01
08-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Sam, definately incoming and best I can tell from the log, it's port 1331.

Crawford
08-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Well if you are fully upgraded and dont have that port open for any reason I would think it is getting blocked. If you want you can give me your IP address and I will give it a hefty port scan to see what is open.

Email: Crawford.Cooper@SBTI.com